Author Topic: Michael Vick makes a plea deal  (Read 2827 times)

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Michael Vick makes a plea deal
« on: August 14, 2007, 02:00:11 PM »
The Atlanta Constitution is reporting that Michael Vick is in negotiations to accept  a plea deal with federal prosecuters concerning the charges of running an interstate dog fighting ring.  He is apparently doing this to prevent further "superceding" charges that will be brought next week from the help of his other three co-defendants.

What do you all think of this?

Personally, I hope the NFL bans his arse and he gets some jail time and a mega fine.  He had the world by the balls and through it away to be a gangsta stunninghunk.  Imbecile...

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/08/14/vick_0815.html
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline DYNAMITE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.texasaircav.com/
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 02:07:23 PM »
I would like to see the NFL ban him too if he plea's or is found guilty... They should take a page from NASCAR's rules/enforcement book and clean up the league.

storch

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 02:24:05 PM »
why?  because the guy fights his dogs?

Offline DYNAMITE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.texasaircav.com/
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 02:36:43 PM »
Originally posted by storch

Yep.  I know your feelings on "personal property" and what-not Storch... but I happen to disagree with you on this point (animal fighting).  And like it or not bud, what he did is against the law... he knew it, and did it anyway.  

Besides that, the gambling/racketeering aspect of the charges tend to be frowned upon by people in professional sports - and probably ought to be enough to kick him form the league.

But like I said... lets see if he's found guilty/plea's - until then a discussion on what should happen to him is pretty much moot I guess.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 03:02:17 PM »
you can take the boy out of the hood but you can't always take the hood out of the boy
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 03:39:45 PM »
Eagler, the shallowness of your character contrasts nicely with the depths of your ignorance.  The south lost, get over it.

"Boy" indeed.  
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 03:46:42 PM »
Originally posted by Chairboy
Eagler, the shallowness of your character contrasts nicely with the depths of your ignorance.  The south lost, get over it.

"Boy" indeed.  

I'm curious, what is wrong with "you can take the boy out of the hood but you can't always take the hood out of the boy"

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 03:52:22 PM »
"Boy" is a common pejorative used to talk down to people who are black.  Considering Eagler's posting history, it's hardly a wild departure for him.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 04:01:23 PM »
I know that.  I also know that he reworded a common saying thats been around for awhile
"You can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy."
 or
You can put a tuxedo on a pig but it's still going to look for a mudhole

so you assume because he used the word "boy" he was making a derogetory remark about Vick?

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 04:18:22 PM »
Chairboy, is this statment ok? "you can take the redneck out of the country but you can't take the country out of the redneck?"

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 04:36:24 PM »
How about this...."You can shove your head up the bulls prettythang to get a good look at a T-bone steak, but i'd rather that the butchers word for it".

:cool:
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 05:44:22 PM »
Originally posted by cav58d
How about this...."You can shove your head up the bulls prettythang to get a good look at a T-bone steak, but i'd rather that the butchers word for it".

If you stick your head up a bulls ... no wait...
If you stick your head up a butcher's.. no...
Wait... it has to be your bull...

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2007, 06:15:19 PM »

Because dog fighting is AGAINST THE LAW. The LAW applies to everyone, NFL thugs included.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
Yes....because he fights his dogs.
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2007, 06:26:41 PM »

Animal cruelty is animal cruelty, period.  I am all about personal rights, but this crosses the line.

And, whoever said he wanted to play gangsta?  You got it right.  Freaking moron could have been a role model for young kids, instead slamming a dog to the ground to kill it was his high....

He already has too much money to hurt, so I hope he does some time and loses his job with the NFL.

-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
Wow...a pattern develops
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2007, 06:27:55 PM »
Originally posted by cav58d

Dang Cav, last post I saw you were spreading peanut butter for a dog, now you are sticking your head up a bull's A?  

I am starting to wonder about you, boy.

:rofl

-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)