Author Topic: Terroristic Act  (Read 2205 times)

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2007, 04:26:02 PM »
Originally posted by 68Hawk
Xargos forgets its not 1807 anymore...Girls have rights and young people messing around is not a crime.

If they wanted to mess around then they should have gotten their own place. Don't forget the boy was hiding from the owner of the property which in itself shows he was not aloud there.

Custard Pie always costs one way or another, the boy was too cheap to pay for a motel so he paid in another way.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2007, 06:26:20 PM »
Originally posted by 68Hawk
Xargos forgets its not 1807 anymore...Girls have rights and young people messing around is not a crime.

The girl was only 17. In some states it IS a crime.

Depending on the age of the youngsters involved, the boy can go to jail for statutory rape. Why girls never go to jail for the same crime is beyond my comprehension.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Terroristic Act
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2007, 07:03:58 PM »
The dad had an unreasonable temper and lost it.

Poetic justice would be that the girl is now pregnant and the kids marry.

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2007, 07:44:49 PM »
http://nwanews.com/bcdr/News/52443/

According to this, the kid was warned to not be in the house if the girls parents were not home.
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline McFarland

• Nickel Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2007, 08:01:22 PM »
Originally posted by Maverick
Mcblivet,

Except for a cave, I find a house without a window rather difficult to believe.

Some of the older houses around here (log cabins, yes) don't have windows at all, they have gun slits in the walls just large enough to look through and shoot through. Very practical, I think. No one can break in through a window or shoot you through a window, but you can still protect yourself and your property. I think the dad was right myself. Kid shouldn't have done what he done, they weren't married. Although, he went a bit far with the gun. A whip would have sufficed.

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2007, 08:35:49 PM »
Now more of the truth comes out.

* Told not to come to the house without the parents' knowlege

* Told to leave when discovered - refused

* Attacked owner when told to leave

* Barricaded the room when owner tried to open the door

* Again, told to leave

Looks like I was right to start with... good shoot.
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2007, 10:55:58 PM »
Okay...After reading that the kid does sound like a POS, however, I still don't think he deserves to spend the rest of his life in a wheel chair.

It doesn't sound like the father was targeting guzzman with the gun, more using as a scare tactic, however, instead of letting cool heads prevail, and calling...ohhhh say....THE POLICE!, the father could have avoided potentially spending the rest of his life in jail, and sparing his wife and daughter the reprecussions of having a father, no longer able to provide for their lives, in prison.

I understand why the father was pissed, but its no reason to paralayze a kid, and even more so, it's no excuse to leave his wife and children paralyzed with the consequences of his stupid actions.
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline 68Hawk

• Silver Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
Terroristic Act
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2007, 04:54:14 PM »
From the link:

"The daughter told Felton her father found her boyfriend in the closet and began hitting Guzman with the pool stick. The affidavit claims that while being hit, Guzman kept saying “ Stop, I’ll leave, ” and her father kept hitting him."

He said, she said.

Regardless, firing blindly through a door is in no way responsible gun ownership. It's still not terrorism, but that bastard dad deserves to get thrown in jail for a long time.

We're they actually screwing or were two young lovers just trying to get some time alone? Doesn't really change the nature of the dad's overreaction anyway. Maybe the dad should have had a little respect for his daughters decision making abilities.

Proportionality when bearing weapons is not only a virtue but a duty.
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the reaper no more fear the Lancers!
http://www.68thlightninglancers.net

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2007, 05:32:31 PM »
I'd say the daughter probably lost his respect because of her previous decisions regarding the boyfriend. If Dad said no boyfriend in the house unless he was there and the boyfriend parks a block away so the daughter can "entertain" him while Dad is at work sounds like poor choices on her part too.

I am NOT excusing Dad for firing the gun. The best choice was to call the Police.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2007, 07:46:50 PM »
The responses to this thread seem to me to polorize two camps.

1. Those who have daughters and understand this man.

2. Those who want to or have poached your daughters.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2007, 11:38:26 PM »
Originally posted by bustr

I agree with you, Bustr-except, I don't have daughter's myself. However, I posted before the whole story came out, simply because alot of people were passing judgment based on the bare bones' story released by the local PD.

I'd like to point out, that there might still be some other parts of the story yet to be told.

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2007, 12:35:40 AM »
Bustr-  For those that do have daughters...........Was it worth it for this guy to polarize himself from his entire family for the next 40-life?  Sorry bud, but thats not the responsible way to deal with this problem, and because of some macho complex, which he very well may have gotten from posting on BBS's like this, he royally ****ed his wife over no?
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2007, 02:36:25 AM »
I don't feel sorry for the kid in the least.  He was stupid and got caught.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2007, 03:09:06 AM »
Originally posted by bustr

I need to add a third camp:

3. And those who don't and are unwilling to understand people who live in fly over country, the other U.S. of A.

Personaly I like men who keep their word even to an extream. All the men like this I have known all my life won't cross the line they draw when giving their word. Most people in these mens lives respect and don't cross the line. And they never reap the results of crossing it. I don't have problems then with them misunderstanding me in return................

Regardless of the out come. He gave his word in plain simple english and kept it. Having grown up with people similare to those in this incident, you can be sure his family knew 100% he would keep his word if that line was crossed. His daughter could have waited till her 18th birthday and left home. Bringing the boy into the house after the father giving his word on the subject was not a survival strategy of an intelligent person. By that point she lost control of what ever fantasy she was trying to get away with.

She got her boy shot. Thats dumb.............Darwin is amused...............
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 68Hawk

• Silver Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
Terroristic Act
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2007, 04:01:52 AM »
Group 4:

Those who acknowledge that the girl was just as horny as the guy and reject paternalistic crap that says a father can dominate a daughter.

If it was a son and his girlfriend in question it would probably be a different story for many who have posted here in support of such irresponsible gunplay.  

I can empathize with the young lovers and realize that it was totally out of line for the father to do what he did.

The 'hes invading my daughter' argument is full of wind and belongs stuck back in the 19th century.  So he told him not to be alone with the girl in the house.  As a resident there she has some rights to the building too.  It doesn't give him any reason to start shooting.  If he had drug him out by the ear I might laugh.  Beating the kid with a stick and then shooting him is heinous.  Just because she's a 17 year old girl doesn't mean she doesn't have a right to choose things for herself.

Welcome to the 21st century.
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the reaper no more fear the Lancers!
http://www.68thlightninglancers.net