Author Topic: Terroristic Act  (Read 2206 times)

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2007, 04:07:34 AM »
I believe the fathers side of the story for the fact that he did not get the gun to begin with and only retrieved it after someone assaulted him in his own home.  I would not believe anything the daughter had to say for the mere fact she lied to her parents from the start.

The boy needs to go to jail for trespassing and assault, plus he should pay all the fathers court costs.

The homeowners are the victim, not the 19 year old trespasser.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 04:24:47 AM by Xargos »
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2007, 05:39:48 AM »
If it was a son and his girlfriend in question it would probably be a different story for many who have posted here in support of such irresponsible gunplay.

I didn't allow my son to have girlfriends in his room. I won't allow my daughters to have boyfriends in their rooms. Don't like it? To bad, I pay the mortgage not them. My house, my rules. Want to live under your rules? Get a job and pay for your own food, utilities and rent.

I was protective of my son, I am even more protective of my daughters. 19 yr old with either of my daughters? Ain't gonna happen. Catch him in my home alone with my daughter? I'm not gonna shoot him, but he'll be lucky if all I do is throw him out by his ear and call the cops for statutory rape.

As a parent it's not only my job to teach them right from wrong, teach them how to make sound decisions, teach them how to care for themselves (laundry, dishes, cleaning, self hygiene etc) but also to protect them from harm both physical and emotional.

As a resident there she has some rights to the building too.

As a resident (child) and a minor, she has very few rights. She has priviledges not rights. Unless of course she is paying rent, then she has certain rights.

Those who acknowledge that the girl was just as horny as the guy and reject paternalistic crap that says a father can dominate a daughter.

Don't like Dad's rules? See above, get out, get your own place, pay for your own food, rent and utilities. Until that happens....guess what? They live by my rules, not theirs.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2007, 05:57:29 AM »
I didn't allow my son to have girlfriends in his room. I won't allow my daughters to have boyfriends in their rooms. Don't like it? To bad, I pay the mortgage not them. My house, my rules. Want to live under your rules? Get a job and pay for your own food, utilities and rent.

Yep, I did odd jobs when I was in High School just to pay for motel rooms.  It was better to spend the 18 or so dollars then to end up shot at the girls house or get kicked out of my own.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 06:00:53 AM by Xargos »
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

Member DFC

storch

Terroristic Act
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2007, 06:48:46 AM »
Originally posted by Xargos
Yep, I did odd jobs when I was in High School just to pay for motel rooms.  It was better to spend the 18 or so dollars then to end up shot at the girls house or get kicked out of my own.
yup

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2007, 11:12:04 AM »
I dallied with more than a couple daughters during my High School years. I had no trouble at all complying with any of their Dad's rules and certainly understood that no parent home meant no visiting in the daughters abode. It also meant that other arrangements had to be made. That's one of the reasons a full sized car back seat was a great invention in the late 60's and early 70's. The trunk could also hold other interesting items like a tent, pads and other wondrous inventions to allow a thinking person to comply with Dad's restrictions and still.......nail his daughter.  :t

Sounds like the kids involved were unimaginative, lazy and not particularly bright at all.

I'm STILL not absolving Dad for his actions. He had better options than to open fire in that circumstance.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2007, 11:39:08 AM »
Lets add another group....# 5; this is your you Bustr.

How about the completely, out of their fluff'n mind, nut jobs, who have just proved to the world they should have never had a fire arm to begin with, who give justice to their actions by "protecing their daughter", when in reality they are thinking nothing of their family, and merely protecting their wanna be machoism.

Who's the real man here bustr?  The guy who is faced with a very emotional situation, but loses his head, paralyzes a kid and now spends the rest of this life in prison?

Or the guy who is faced with the same very emotional situation, but keeps his cool, calls the police, and still can provide for his family?

I'm going with # 2.

I don't care if it was my own father who did this...I would tell him I understand why you did it, but you were completely wrong, and the reprecussions are going to bring a lot of hard times for a lot of people.  You just ****ed up a lot of lives.

And if i'm on the jury of the case we are talking about, and it turns out that these has never been any abuse the the daughter; just a father who proclaims himself to be the sheriff, judge and executioner, then i'm gonna do everything i can to put that POS in jail for a long time...

Like I said...I understand, and can emphasize with the fathers emotional situation.  You tell the kid he is not welcome at your home, and then you find out he is parking down the street and coming into your home?  Sure...Grounds to be flaming pissed.  But his response was not justified or appropriate, and like I keep pointing out...If he were to have just cooled off and called the police, which he possibly could have had ground to press charges and file a restraining order, he could have avoided the world of hell he is now putting the rest of his family though...

And bustr, don't give me that watermelon about this guy is a man of his word, and his family definately knew he meant business....I'm sure his wife is real proud of him, and really appreciative where he has left her and her children for the next 40- life....

<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline 68Hawk

• Silver Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
Terroristic Act
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2007, 02:20:22 PM »
Wow, so acting like a maniac is somehow helping to teach a child good behavior?  Kids will be kids to some degree.  Were they smoking crack with the parents gone?  Were they 12 or 15?  That would have been something to get bent out of shape over.

It amazes me how some people treat their children under the guise of good stewardship.  I pity some of your children.

I believe the fathers side of the story for the fact that he did not get the gun to begin with and only retrieved it after someone assaulted him in his own home. I would not believe anything the daughter had to say for the mere fact she lied to her parents from the start.

Your standards of evidence are astounding.  We don't really know much about this incident, yet you assume she was lying to her parents from the start.  Having a friend sneak over for a while is deception, but different than all out lying.  And of course the dad is telling the truth because the firearm wasn't the first thing he armed himself with?  I suppose the Japanese didn't attack pearl harbor because they're so polite!!!

Should they have been there?  Probably not, but its not really for us to judge that anyway.  WE DON'T KNOW THEM!
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the reaper no more fear the Lancers!
http://www.68thlightninglancers.net

Offline Nutzoid

• Nickel Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2007, 02:45:06 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn
I can't even begin to describe what a big pet peeve it is of mine when people throw the word fragment "istic" needlessly on to the end of words.

It isn't freaking "Terroristic Act", it's ****ing "Terrorist Act" or "an act of terrorism".  Terroristic isn't even a freaking word and sounds ****ing retarded, like a moron that is halfway intelligent.

Being as your from Canada, I'll take that into consideration! :t  But before you spout off about what is and isn't a word, be advised. We have had the charge of 'Terroristic Threat' in our penal code now for a number of years. The charge itself really doesn't have anything to do with Terrorism in and of itself, but means if you threaten to kill someone's a** and you have the ability and the means to do it, and your victim is made to believe that you will carry out your threat, then you can be charged with the crime of 'Terroristic Threat'. If on the other hand, you only plan to KICK someones a**, and the other conditions are met, then you can be cited for 'Assault By Threat'. They are of course different levels of misdemeanor.  :)
C co. 1st Bn 7 CAV 1st Cav Div  " Garry Owen"

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2007, 04:03:40 PM »
Originally posted by 68Hawk
Wow, so acting like a maniac is somehow helping to teach a child good behavior?  Kids will be kids to some degree.  Were they smoking crack with the parents gone?  Were they 12 or 15?  That would have been something to get bent out of shape over.

It amazes me how some people treat their children under the guise of good stewardship.  I pity some of your children.

Your standards of evidence are astounding.  We don't really know much about this incident, yet you assume she was lying to her parents from the start.  Having a friend sneak over for a while is deception, but different than all out lying.  And of course the dad is telling the truth because the firearm wasn't the first thing he armed himself with?  I suppose the Japanese didn't attack pearl harbor because they're so polite!!!

Should they have been there?  Probably not, but its not really for us to judge that anyway.  WE DON'T KNOW THEM!

The 19 year old was trespassing.  That in itself is a good enough reason for him to be shot.  In S.C. the father would not be charged at all.

I'm a C/O in prison and have a very high conviction rate in charging inmates within the prison for theft, drugs, assaults and other such stuff.  My supervisors do tell me that I have astonishing standards for collecting and evaluating evidence.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 04:40:17 PM by Xargos »
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

Member DFC

Offline FBBone

• Nickel Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2007, 04:22:29 PM »
Originally posted by Maverick
I dallied with more than a couple daughters during my High School years. I had no trouble at all complying with any of their Dad's rules and certainly understood that no parent home meant no visiting in the daughters abode. It also meant that other arrangements had to be made. That's one of the reasons a full sized car back seat was a great invention in the late 60's and early 70's. The trunk could also hold other interesting items like a tent, pads and other wondrous inventions to allow a thinking person to comply with Dad's restrictions and still.......nail his daughter.  :t

Sounds like the kids involved were unimaginative, lazy and not particularly bright at all.

I'm STILL not absolving Dad for his actions. He had better options than to open fire in that circumstance.

Agreed, on all points:t

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2007, 04:25:11 PM »
Originally posted by cav58d
Lets add another group....# 5; this is your you Bustr.

cool, calls the police,

and called the police,

ohh call the cops...   thats   pathatic

telling ya right now i find a guy in my daughters room.  ( being she is under 18)

i dont own a gun so i wont shoot him,  but calling the cops certainly wont be on my to do list...  then again i am not a cop caller  never have, never will,
i am my own police...

okay back on subject to call that a terrorist act...is only the start,  trust me before its over   its going to get alot crazier
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 04:30:21 PM by ink »

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2007, 04:31:00 PM »
68 your damn right...I feel terrible for some of your children and families...Do them a favor though.  Why don't you go ahead and tell them that you are willing to abandon them because of some macho ego, and they should be prepared for the very real possibility of having to provide for themselves because their father/husband will be spending the next couple decades behind bars.....

I'm sure they will be proud of your strong principles and be right behind ya!

And on another note...Just because it is legal, doesn't make it right.  Maybe its legal in South Carolina, but in this situation when a call to the police would have sufficed, but you decided to go overboard, I think you would soon see a lot changes in your life.

Is your pride really worth it to destroy the life of a teenager, and most likely kill any type of future relationship in the future?  If so, I'm really disgusted by that and your not the type of person I would want any of my loved ones or friends to be associated with....

Sort of the same thing as we saw a couple weeks ago in another thread....Legally you can take the life of a police officer for false or uncriminal arrest....Doesn't make it right though.
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2007, 05:00:19 PM »
Calling the cops is pointless.  I once had a neighbor who I took to court because his dogs kept getting out and attacking my family in my yard.  Well this guy came into my enclosed porch and started saying he was going to kill me, I was armed at the time but he did not know it.  Instead of shooting him I just called the cops.  However when they arrived they told me it was a civil matter and there was nothing they could do.  If I had shot him while he was inside my porch it would have saved me years of grief.

P.S.  About two month ago the same guy assaulted a 72 year old man working in his yard because the old man had taken him to court over those same dogs, and again the police did nothing.

P.P.S. Macho has nothing to do with it, I know plenty of females who will shoot you just as fast as any male will for trespassing on their property.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 05:43:50 PM by Xargos »
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

Member DFC

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2007, 06:32:27 PM »
Family situations like this do not suddenly happen in one moment of lost control. There is a history of actions and interactions where everyone in the family involved knows the lines "not to cross" with family members. The whole soap opera is usualy transparent to the community.

The girl got the boy shot. Quit wringing your hands over it. These kinds of family messes are more normal than your "cooler heads should prevail". The stupidest person here was the daughter because she had fore knowledge of her fathers temperment and triggers to violence. 17 year old girls mad at their fathers do crap like this.

How many on this board aren't willing to admit the fine times they had with these kinds of scenario knowing full well the state of relations their object of lust was having with her Old Man?. How many of you know or knew exactly how to piss off your father. How many of you have sisters you watched play the Old Man for a fool when she was 15-17 living at home?

So how much of this was a 17 year old female child playing her father with predictable results? Children know their parents often better than the parent realises. This gents life is over. This child knew his limits and involved an adolescent 19 year old male in the scenario. She had so many other options if lust was all she needed scratched. Dad goes to jail because his daughter's ego needed something due to their personal history. Stupid horndog boyfriend got the last peiece of his short and stupid life.

Sad for everyone involved. But if you unravel it....stoopid people doing stoopid things running head long into consiquences. But the daughter had a choice to not screw two peoples lives forever. She is not in a wheel chair or in jail. She is 17 with her freedom...................... ............interesting...... ........
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2007, 06:42:26 PM »
To each ones own...

If for anything, I just find it pretty darn hard to defend a guy who blindly discharges his weapon through a closed door into a room (small if its a bedroom) where his daughter is....

I wonder how much the tone of you would change if his daughter was struck.
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II