Author Topic: Terroristic Act  (Read 2207 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2007, 07:01:59 PM »
For me not one bit.

She made the original choice of defying her father, involving a horndog, while knowing the man's limits and limitations. I have compassion for them knowing first hand the human condition. But I have little sympathy for any of them because the scenario shows three stupid people. All three are equally to blame and lacking in innocence.

If the daughter had acted according to her fathers directive, this would be a non issue. Two men's lives are ruined and the daughter has her freedom and future in the world. All for one decision she made.

Life has the bad habit of being actually very dangerous and capricious in killing or maiming us due to the most simple of personal decisions. Once the decision is loosed, the collateral destruction it ruins others lives with cannot be known until it runs it's destructive course.

There were no innocent actors here. Each played a part in this sad tragedy.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2007, 07:13:55 PM »
Each played a part and one crossed the line...

Sorry Bustr.  I don't care if you are my own father.  You shoot a gun blindly into a room that your daughter is in, your not getting any sympathy from me or any other person, at least that I know.

And no one forced the father to get a gun.  The daughter and boyfriend influenced the emotions the father had, but NO ONE FORCED HIM TO GET A GUN AND SHOOT INTO A ROOM HIS DAUGHTER WAS IN, AND DAMN NEAR KILL A KID.  Any respectable gun owner should know that discharging the weapon should be of absolute last resort, when there are many more, less lethal options to bring this to the fathers intended conclusion (the boyfriend leaving the house).

And I think a lot of you are all talk as well..."ohhhh yea...i'll shoot a guy....ohhh i should have shot him and it would have saved me years of trouble"....

Yea sure buddy.

This isn't TV, and the second you pull the trigger, you open up a whole new world, that I don't think many could face  Well atleast they pretend.
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2007, 08:43:01 PM »
Each played a part and one crossed the line...

All 3 people involved crossed a line.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2007, 09:07:55 PM »

And I think a lot of you are all talk as well..."ohhhh yea...i'll shoot a guy....ohhh i should have shot him and it would have saved me years of trouble"....

Yea sure buddy.

I shot someone breaking into my house in the middle of the night about 18 years ago while living up in Lexington County.  No charges against me where ever filed, even though he lived.  So I know very well that I'll shoot.

And this incident didn't hinder me in the least when getting a job in law enforcement.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 09:15:18 PM by Xargos »
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2007, 10:35:59 PM »
Catching someone breaking into your house, and finding an unwanted guest is a big difference......

Let me ask you this...Reverse sexes in the situation.  If you were the father and your son had a girl in your house, would you fire blindly into the room where she and your son were?  Answer honestly.
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2007, 11:03:08 PM »
Excellent question, cav.

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2007, 11:29:04 PM »
Originally posted by cav58d
Catching someone breaking into your house, and finding an unwanted guest is a big difference......

Let me ask you this...Reverse sexes in the situation.  If you were the father and your son had a girl in your house, would you fire blindly into the room where she and your son were?  Answer honestly.

I do not support the fact that he fired blindly into the room, that was very stupid and I would never do such a thing.  Even when hunting I'm very finicky about the background of what I'm shooting at and have let a few nice looking deer go because of it.

If I knew who he was I would have armed myself but would have hidden the firearm on my body and confronted him and order him to leave the house.  Then I would have called the police and put a restraining order on him.  If he had assaulted me while he was in my house I would have shot him.

Females are just as vicious as males, if you had ever worked in a female prison you would completely understand.  If it was a female in my sons room I would handle it pretty much the same way.

The father should get some time for firing blindly into a room and not for hitting the 19 year old trespasser.  The 19 year old should do time for trespassing and assault and the daughter should be forced to move out on her own.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 11:36:06 PM by Xargos »
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2007, 11:42:12 PM »
Originally posted by Xargos
I do not support the fact that he fired blindly into the room, that was very stupid and I would never do such a thing.  Even when hunting I'm very finicky about the background of what I'm shooting at and have let a few nice looking deer go because of it.

If I knew who he was I would have armed myself but would have hidden the firearm on my body and confronted him and order him to leave the house.  Then I would have called the police and put a restraining order on him.  If he had assaulted me while he was in my house I would have shot him.

Well at least we agree on something... oh yea...and the female part.  No denying they can be ruthless =)
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2007, 03:23:37 AM »
Cav,

Innocence and youth are not a get out of jail free card when you have been told not to break a rule. These are 3 very stupid people. Everything that happened to each of them could have been averted by the girl not breaking her fathers rule, and if he is in fact the kind of nutjob you seem to have problems with, leaving his home as soon as she financialy or cohabitivly could. You seem to want to issue get out of jail free cards to these two stoopid children. All three participants need a state paid gray bar hotel visit of vairing times and durations for being participants in this fiasco.

While circumstances force you to live with violence prone people, it is a sound survival skill to not pi$$ them off until you can leave the situation or you have the ability to neutralise them. Pulling a boner like she did is not a survival skill. Her father's conduct in this situation would indicate the man may have had a history of reacting in a direct and personal manner when it comes to his family and his rules. By 17 years old she is very aware of how he will react unless she is a moron. Last I checked Lust is not a usable defence in court for poor judgment.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2007, 08:23:18 AM »
cav.. let me ask you this..

Do you believe that men and women are exactly the same?

lazs

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2007, 09:59:48 AM »
The kid wasn't trespassing until Dad got home and told him to leave. Until that point the daughter had invited the boyfriend onto the property. The daughter as a resident of the house can make an invitation. The fact that it is against the fathers wishes is a familial matter, not for the court. Dad might have gotten a restraining order against the boyfriend if he had a history of being on the premises without permission, but it's really fuzzy given the daughter inviting him there. That might have negated the restraining order if there had been one.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2007, 01:24:04 PM »
The kid did not have the authority to do ANYTHING as a minor.  If the guy believed himself to be a guest, he would not have parked his car 1/4 mile away.... unless, of course, the line to the girls bedroom was that long...
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline 68Hawk

• Silver Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
Terroristic Act
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2007, 01:30:22 PM »
There's a hell of a lot of presumption going on here with relatively little facts to rely on.  Shame on some of you for thinking you know these people, their motivations and exactly what transpired in that house.  None of us were there, and all we have is the he said/she said of a couple sparse news reports.  

Its sad that some of you are actually condoning this guy firing blindly into a room.  A few of you should do the world a favor and refrain from breeding.
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the reaper no more fear the Lancers!
http://www.68thlightninglancers.net

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2007, 05:28:03 PM »
I'm condoning nothing. I'm condeming all three. Domino's falling start with the first one being placed in action.

Two mens lives are ruined because this female child did not act according to her fathers directive. Men like her father do not act in the manner he did all of a sudden. They act that way most of their adult child rearing lives. At 17 this adolesent female had a good idea what could happen if caught with a man in her room who her father had previously told could not be in his home alone with his under age daughter.

Three stupid people, two of them with lives over at this point because of this stupid childs ego.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Terroristic Act
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2007, 07:50:19 PM »
Bustr you are out of this world........

It's not right and i'm not condoning it, but I can totally understand how a guy that gets laid off makes the decision to make forced entrys into homes and start robbing people.....It's the companys fault and they should have known better....

Dude you really are insane, and I think 68 is right....I feel bad for the offspring you concieve
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II