Author Topic: JG11 Recruiting  (Read 193616 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: JG11 Recruiting
« Reply #1350 on: June 19, 2023, 02:12:07 PM »
got resigned up today.. in game.. same as the old one Dicho37

I've got, I think, one more tweak to do to be able to just fire up and go.  Hoping my stick etc issues are sorted. 

We'll see
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1351 on: June 21, 2023, 11:50:51 AM »
I just sent Canukk a message to see if he got you on the squad forum. He is old and a little slow.  :devil :cheers:

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1352 on: June 21, 2023, 01:03:01 PM »
no rush dude... I ponied up yesterday for my monthly extortion fee but I'm still tweaking offline.  Currently I'm fighting my autopilot and pedals..  may have to break down and buy some new ones because they're spikey as hell and cleaning the pots hasn't helped. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1353 on: June 21, 2023, 02:58:38 PM »
 :aok

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline 1Canukk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1354 on: June 22, 2023, 06:28:58 PM »
DONE.. :aok

JG11  Sonderstaffel , Geschwader Kommodore

The P51 D was made by the Gods for men to fly. 
 The FW190 D  was made by men, for Gods to fly .

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1355 on: June 27, 2023, 04:42:37 PM »
Soo.. a little catchup gang.  Last Aug / Sept I finally got all my gear together and was raring to go.  Then life happened.  Mom (80) had a lung cancer scare so we dealt with that for a few months.  Still drive her to the doc once a month for post treatment checkups, add in she's got macular degeneration in both eyes and is essentially blind and pretty much every week I have to take on more and more around the house.  She loves her plants so I did the whole garden from seed in my old MJ tents and got it going until the hail beat the hell out of it and I had to start over.  Dad (85) is pretty much demented.  It varies as to how bad day to day but it really is like living with a 350 lb spoiled 5 year old.  Taking his car keys away was a whole lot of fun but he was a danger to himself and everybody on the road.  I moved in with them 5 years ago to be here in their later years because I will be damned if I let them go to a nursing home to live out their final days.  If that means putting some stuff I want to do on hold then so be it.  They were there for me more times than I can count and I'm honored and privileged to be here for them.  But it do take a toll on free time.  About two months ago I got all the legal BS handled (power of attorney, will rewrite, competency tests, and so on) so now I'm in total control of their finances etc.  (just an aside when I went through the finances I cut $800 of roadkill spending out of their monthly auto bills.  'You're paying $230 for directv and you never watch tv?  WHAT?  $150 a month to scam charities.  Needless to say those went bye bye along with a bunch of other BS spending.  Grocery bill per week is how much?  Ya no.  You throw out half of it anyway.  Soo... I've been a little busy. Add in new job (WFH and I'm killing at it to the point I got a 30% raise two weeks ago.. ya I'm just that good at inside sales) so I've been a hair tied up.

But anyhoo a couple of weeks ago I had a Saturday where I had a clear schedule and fired everything up and had a blast offline (VR on Oculus is the bomb by the way) BUT.. I had trouble with my mapping and, screwing around, I totally hosed the program.  So it's back to square 1.  I tried jumping in with both feet and screwed things up so this round I'm going to get all my stuff together in 2d and 'fly' offline until everything is natural again.  THEN transfer the files over to my VR and go from there. 

Good news though.  That simulator sickness that knocked me out of the game back in the day?  Not a single sign of it in 2d or VR so far thank God.  So figure 3 or 4 weeks and I'll be knocking on the door for some FSO fly a longs then get back in the game full speed. 

One question though.  I've got a full on leather bomber jacket coming soon and I really want a JG11 patch on the right shoulder.  I was thinking of getting an embroidered  one made and hand stitched on by a lady I know who is awesome and I don't even mind paying to have it made etc.  I was thinking the red and black Griffon one or is there a better one to go with. 

JG11 was and hopefully will be my home again soon and when winter hits I want to rep the gang.  'What's that patch mean?' 'Me and my friends hunt people at night.. you hunt stupid animals'  Always a line I love.

I just dropped in and read this. You are a mighty fine son. They obviously gave you a very good start and you made the best of it. My hat is off to you sir.  :salute
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 1Canukk

• Platinum Member
JG11 Recruiting New CO
« Reply #1356 on: October 02, 2023, 07:29:33 AM »
 Morning all. After 6 or 7 years as CO of this great Squad it is time for me to step down and let someone else lead us. He's been around since day one when Stampf was our first CO "Kommandeur " and a hard squad mate to replace, I hope that I've kept JG11 growing and now that he will be our only 3rd Kommandeur of our 19 years in Aces High .Our squad will still be active in FSO "axis ", Scenarios, MA and Monday Night Madness. So, it is time for me to interduce our new CO of JG11 ...MDStampf  :salute 

Thank you all .. CANUKK "XO" JG11

JG11  Sonderstaffel , Geschwader Kommodore

The P51 D was made by the Gods for men to fly. 
 The FW190 D  was made by men, for Gods to fly .

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1357 on: October 02, 2023, 11:52:39 AM »
Congrats to both of you.  :cheers:

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #1358 on: October 02, 2023, 01:23:50 PM »
 :salute MDStampf
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #1359 on: October 02, 2023, 03:49:29 PM »
Congrats!  :salute

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #1360 on: October 04, 2023, 01:14:22 AM »
  :salute Canuuk you took over JG11 when the times were bad and a lot of us Followed Stampf for a newer vision and Game Play and when I read this post about the Young Rider himself becoming that new CO that was an excellent Move let the kid take over the Legacy of what Stampf started years ago with Zud. :salute

Morgan good luck with everything and I told 10thmd about the new CO position you have and we are both happy for ya

Molsman

Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline MDStampf93

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1361 on: October 05, 2023, 02:32:39 PM »
A big thank you to Canukk for everything he has done over the years keeping this legendary squad alive.

I’ve got some big shoes to fill as the new CO.

With that being said JG 11 recruitment is open, if anyone is interested in flying with a premier Luft squad please send me a PM or join us in the main on vox 111.

MDStampf - JG11 'Sonderstaffel'
Sgt Stampfli, USMC

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1362 on: October 17, 2023, 05:58:29 PM »
 :salute :cheers:
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline MDStampf93

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1363 on: October 18, 2023, 09:05:05 AM »
Bug!

MDStampf - JG11 'Sonderstaffel'
Sgt Stampfli, USMC

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #1364 on: October 19, 2023, 01:15:55 AM »
Dam The Bug is still alive another story between 10th and i talking about old memories and how Tom aka the TheBug alway seemed to get under my skin lol but still respected him as a squaddie
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-