Author Topic: JG11 Recruiting  (Read 192121 times)

Offline 1Canukk

• Platinum Member
Re: JG11 Recruiting
« Reply #1290 on: September 21, 2016, 12:35:00 PM »
  JG11 growing with returns of past players , again JG11 is happy to see E1Diablo returning to our ranks...
             Welcome back Sir .... :salute

JG11  Sonderstaffel , Geschwader Kommodore

The P51 D was made by the Gods for men to fly. 
 The FW190 D  was made by men, for Gods to fly .

Offline 1Canukk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1291 on: September 21, 2016, 01:03:14 PM »
  JG11's FSO Squad.... :salute           ...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken.. :salute

JG11  Sonderstaffel , Geschwader Kommodore

The P51 D was made by the Gods for men to fly. 
 The FW190 D  was made by men, for Gods to fly .

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1292 on: September 26, 2016, 05:32:45 PM »
This is a great squad with a lot of history, and good leadership. 

Those looking for a home that like the LW rides, there is no better place to be.

<S>

Missed this.

Thank you very much Ammo.  Goes without saying we all feel the same about the 56th!

<S>

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #1293 on: September 27, 2016, 12:45:30 AM »
Great squad! Allot of good sticks :salute
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1294 on: September 27, 2016, 12:28:30 PM »
Great squad! Allot of good sticks :salute

<S>

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1295 on: September 27, 2016, 01:45:25 PM »
Impressive roster.   :aok
Great squad, and a great group of guys.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Quigley

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1296 on: October 02, 2016, 04:38:27 PM »
 :airplane:

Offline Flavel

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1297 on: October 23, 2016, 07:27:08 PM »
If JG11 is still recruiting I'd like to be considered for membership.  GameID: Crater :salute
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 08:06:05 PM by Flavel »

Offline jeffn

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #1298 on: October 23, 2016, 08:50:35 PM »
Crater

PM sent
-JeffN-
Jagdgeschwader 11

JG11

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #1299 on: October 28, 2016, 07:01:40 AM »
Glad to see so many familiar names still around :)

And so many new ones!! truly a top-notch squad, always a blast to fly with  :cheers:
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1300 on: December 20, 2016, 12:32:59 PM »
This time of year again:

Christmas Eve - 2005,

I had only been in the game a few months, and was up in an FW190A-5 looking for action.  I had recently joined my first squadron in AH - VF-15 - 'Satan's Playmates'.  I could hear them on vox, fighting it out and having a blast doing so, but as was the usual case, I found myself miles from them...as they were launching bluebirds from carriers, and I was in my Luft crate as always.  I started playing AH because I wanted to fly Luftwaffe, and found the 3 country non historical set up of the Main Arena game...surprising and honestly, disappointing as well.

Alone...and continuously being jumped and shot down I contemplated leaving the game altogether as I was unable to find the experience of what I was looking for.  The guys in VF-15 were all good guys, and helpful as well, but being a Luft enthusiast and a noob, among skilled US Navy flyer's I couldn't shake feeling like an outcast.

Shot down again...launch again...

Glancing out the canopy I spotted a squadmate.  The icon over his Bf109 read, 'Zud'.  I chuckled to myself everytime I saw him, thinking of the little yellow can of cleaner my father always had on the workbench in the garage as I was growing up.  In the few weeks I was in the squad I couldn't recall ever hearing Zud on vox, but it dawned on me that I had never seen him in anything other than one of Willie's finest.  I wondered if perhaps he was feeling the same way I was and decided to take a chance and send him a PM, asking if he wouldn't mind meeting me over in the Training Arena for a couple minutes.  He replied, "Sure".

I was nervous, as my mind raced on what I was thinking about.  I had rolled my plane out of the hanger in the TA and was awaiting Zud to arrive.  Presently I heard a 109 spin up, and out of the hanger taxied Zud.  He rolled up to me, shut down, and transmitted, "So Stampf, whats up?"  I wasn't sure where to begin, so I just let it all rip...explaining my feelings to him, and my dissatisfaction with the situation, and what I had in mind.  As it turned out...He felt exactly the same way I did and explained that his only interest was the Luftwaffe, and flying his beloved Bf109.

I didn't even know how to form a squad, other than it took two players to do it...so I asked him if he would leave the 15th, and join an all German unit, if I created it.  He agreed...and we talked long into the Christmas morning hours together.  Finally I was excited about the game and decided that if I could not find the experience I was looking for, I would create it for myself, and try to find others looking for the same thing.  And so the all Luftwafffe experience was born.

I could never imagine on that night, seven years ago, what would all come from that simple gamble and encounter with Zud, and never dreamed that our little experiment would turn out so wonderful for all involved.  Finally the game had meaning to me, and I was determined to make this squad something special, and unique in the game.

From that night to this day, we still begin every squad night together in the TA, not only to group up and warm up, but to honor the very beginnings of the unit, and to remind myself why we started the squad, and what our goals were, the standards we would hold ourselves to, and the path we had chosen to accomplish those goals.  As we begin out 7th year together, I can only marvel at how it all turned out, and be grateful for all the outstanding times I have had, and to the people that I have met both within and outside the unit.  To me...I am the luckiest CO in the game, to have had such success, and to have been supported and joined by the best bunch of guys I have ever had the privilege to be a part of, in any on-line gaming experience.

So, to all of you in the 11th, and to all of you in the game, both friend and foemen, I thank you very much.  May you have all happiness during this holiday season, and find only blue skies and good hunting in the coming years.

<S>

As we goggle up for the final JG 11 Squad Night of the year and complete our 11th year together doing the all Luftwaffe gig - all the boys in the 11th want to wish everyone and their families a safe and Happy Holiday Season and an Outstanding New Year!

<S>

FLY JG 11

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #1301 on: December 21, 2016, 02:10:24 PM »
My only regret in AH is that I wasnt in JG11 from the beginning!

Have a safe and happy holidays everyone! :cheers:

Stampf is like Frankenstein,He created a monster.......... :devil

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #1302 on: December 21, 2016, 04:09:01 PM »
Just wanted to wish everyone from the 11th Merry Christmas and Safe and Happy New Year Best squad I ever flew with.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Molsman
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1303 on: December 21, 2016, 09:00:07 PM »
Ah, yeah.  Their not gonna be at the top.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #1304 on: December 28, 2016, 06:47:15 PM »
It is truly an honor to see JG11 still active after all of these years.
I sincerely miss the unit. I hope you all enjoy the holidays.

Here's a healthy reminder of my time within the unit... timeless indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mChvWeNgVZY

Salute Gentlemen.

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer