Author Topic: JG11 Recruiting  (Read 192117 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: JG11 Recruiting
« Reply #1335 on: February 17, 2022, 04:38:50 PM »
Hey boss looks like I'm about 6 months to a year away from getting back in the game and getting practiced up.  When I get there can I come back?

I bet this requires 6 meetings and many cases of beer. I'm sure the determination is already made but the beer needs nurturing for a period of time.  :aok  :D :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1336 on: February 27, 2022, 08:22:09 PM »
Well you know that works for me :)  :cheers:
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1337 on: March 07, 2022, 03:35:23 PM »
Hey boss looks like I'm about 6 months to a year away from getting back in the game and getting practiced up.  When I get there can I come back?

Dicho!  Was sup brother?  I haven't been the boss in years now and haven't played in almost as long.  That said I'm sure you would be wholeheartedly welcomed back!  Hope all is well with you and yours!

<S>

Stampf
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #1338 on: March 07, 2022, 04:46:49 PM »
Dicho!  Was sup brother?  I haven't been the boss in years now and haven't played in almost as long.  That said I'm sure you would be wholeheartedly welcomed back!  Hope all is well with you and yours!

<S>

Stampf
Come back. :)
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1339 on: March 11, 2022, 06:17:21 PM »
Come back. :)

Still my fav. avatar! <S> Spikes!

I never say never...
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #1340 on: March 11, 2022, 08:18:01 PM »

I never say never...

Come on back! Ill draw you another cartoon! Im pretty good a canes and long white beards   :devil

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1341 on: March 12, 2022, 05:53:27 PM »
Come on back! Ill draw you another cartoon! Im pretty good a canes and long white beards   :devil

Dang I have margarita on my screen now.    :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #1342 on: March 13, 2022, 12:19:27 AM »
Dang I have margarita on my screen now.    :aok

:neener:

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1343 on: March 14, 2022, 12:01:01 PM »

:furious  You got me there Fugi!  :D

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1344 on: May 21, 2022, 08:19:38 PM »
Thanks guys!  Looking forward to coming back.  Just got to get my gear together.  I can't tell yall how much I missed you bunch of misfits :)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1345 on: May 26, 2022, 11:30:29 AM »

I never say never...

:aok

Thanks guys!  Looking forward to coming back.  Just got to get my gear together.  I can't tell yall how much I missed you bunch of misfits :)

:aok

:cheers: :airplane:

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1346 on: May 21, 2023, 06:19:36 PM »
Soo.. a little catchup gang.  Last Aug / Sept I finally got all my gear together and was raring to go.  Then life happened.  Mom (80) had a lung cancer scare so we dealt with that for a few months.  Still drive her to the doc once a month for post treatment checkups, add in she's got macular degeneration in both eyes and is essentially blind and pretty much every week I have to take on more and more around the house.  She loves her plants so I did the whole garden from seed in my old MJ tents and got it going until the hail beat the hell out of it and I had to start over.  Dad (85) is pretty much demented.  It varies as to how bad day to day but it really is like living with a 350 lb spoiled 5 year old.  Taking his car keys away was a whole lot of fun but he was a danger to himself and everybody on the road.  I moved in with them 5 years ago to be here in their later years because I will be damned if I let them go to a nursing home to live out their final days.  If that means putting some stuff I want to do on hold then so be it.  They were there for me more times than I can count and I'm honored and privileged to be here for them.  But it do take a toll on free time.  About two months ago I got all the legal BS handled (power of attorney, will rewrite, competency tests, and so on) so now I'm in total control of their finances etc.  (just an aside when I went through the finances I cut $800 of roadkill spending out of their monthly auto bills.  'You're paying $230 for directv and you never watch tv?  WHAT?  $150 a month to scam charities.  Needless to say those went bye bye along with a bunch of other BS spending.  Grocery bill per week is how much?  Ya no.  You throw out half of it anyway.  Soo... I've been a little busy. Add in new job (WFH and I'm killing at it to the point I got a 30% raise two weeks ago.. ya I'm just that good at inside sales) so I've been a hair tied up.

But anyhoo a couple of weeks ago I had a Saturday where I had a clear schedule and fired everything up and had a blast offline (VR on Oculus is the bomb by the way) BUT.. I had trouble with my mapping and, screwing around, I totally hosed the program.  So it's back to square 1.  I tried jumping in with both feet and screwed things up so this round I'm going to get all my stuff together in 2d and 'fly' offline until everything is natural again.  THEN transfer the files over to my VR and go from there. 

Good news though.  That simulator sickness that knocked me out of the game back in the day?  Not a single sign of it in 2d or VR so far thank God.  So figure 3 or 4 weeks and I'll be knocking on the door for some FSO fly a longs then get back in the game full speed. 

One question though.  I've got a full on leather bomber jacket coming soon and I really want a JG11 patch on the right shoulder.  I was thinking of getting an embroidered  one made and hand stitched on by a lady I know who is awesome and I don't even mind paying to have it made etc.  I was thinking the red and black Griffon one or is there a better one to go with. 

JG11 was and hopefully will be my home again soon and when winter hits I want to rep the gang.  'What's that patch mean?' 'Me and my friends hunt people at night.. you hunt stupid animals'  Always a line I love. 

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1347 on: June 04, 2023, 04:37:23 PM »
Trying to get that info for you. And access to the squad forum.   :cheers:

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1348 on: June 05, 2023, 03:50:28 AM »
Thanks Frodo..
update on Set up.. as of Friday it was working great then yesterday it completely wiped so I've got to re do my controllers this afternoon.  I missed a step on my backup folder so.. oops.. lesson learned. 

Offline 1Canukk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1349 on: June 06, 2023, 11:41:11 AM »
Sending  invite , once I get home this evening ….CANUKK

JG11  Sonderstaffel , Geschwader Kommodore

The P51 D was made by the Gods for men to fly. 
 The FW190 D  was made by men, for Gods to fly .