Author Topic: Disband the Knights  (Read 4016 times)

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2007, 05:26:55 AM »
Country Kills As Kills Of
Bishop 0                240
Knight 449                0
Rook 0                  209

About even with me.Bish dont run as much thow :D :D.
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2007, 05:28:19 AM »
Originally posted by WMLute
How soon people forget.

ENY was put in place because the KNIGHTS had huge numbers, and were rolling every map.

well take ENY out now.If thats the case.We geting stomped 20-30+ people per night.
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2007, 06:11:22 AM »
Originally posted by SAS_KID
Edit: As for the AA's I had real fun fighting all 5 of you guys in the DA at once. I was really hoping that you guys had some real class. But with posts like this even if it is ment for lols or being serious really does not make you guys a shining star in my book anymore.

Get over yourself and dont put my squad into this.  The initial post is my thoughts and not that of the AArch AAngelz.  If your opinion of the squad is so easily swayed.... your not much of a star in my book either.
The AArch AAngelz is its own country, we owe loyalty only unto ourselves and those we fly with at the moment.---AAolds AArch AAngelz XO.

I love to GV and do Jabo missions vs GVs, get used to it.  Being good at one helps in the other.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2007, 06:26:47 AM »
Originally posted by VansCrew1
well take ENY out now.If thats the case.We geting stomped 20-30+ people per night.

My point is it's cyclical.

Give it a few months and the knit's will have the high #'s.

Then the bish or rooks etc...

It has always been like this.

One reason the knit's always seem to "loose" is they are not much on "hoarding" up.  There are many "lone wolfs" types on knits, and it's always been such.  I can't count how many times some knit says "we are loosing again" and I think hmmm...  not where i'm at.  I've killed 30 nme vs one death and am kickin' tookus.

I think many knits are more focused on individual fights as opposed to "winning the war".  Personally, I could care less about "winning the war", and I know a lot of knits hold the same opinion.  Don't get me wrong, I dig a good base capture, but I personally pref. when the base is well defended.  Unopposed base taking, or when you have overwhelming #'s is boooooring.

Define "winning" anyway?  20 Bish hoard a field vs. 10 knits and die in droves 10 times over, but eventually capture the base.  200  Bish deaths vs. say 50 Knit.

Who really "won" there?

Just my opinion...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 06:29:49 AM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Disband the Knights
« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2007, 06:38:35 AM »
Originally posted by WMLute

Define "winning" anyway?  20 Bish hoard a field vs. 10 knits and die in droves 10 times over, but eventually capture the base.  200  Bish deaths vs. say 50 Knit.

Who really "won" there?

That's the wonderful thing in this game: Everyone can set his goals individually, and everyone can win.. in a way.

In you example the Bish have "won" - they got the base capture
The Knit's have won - they inflicted heavy losses on their enemy.
And probably Rooks won too, resetting the map in the meantime ;)

BTW, if this was a real war simulation and we really had all those "resources" Bonaparte jr. is always talking about, every Bish steamrolling horde would quickly run dry, considering the heavy losses they have to sustain...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2007, 09:37:28 AM »
Originally posted by Vudak
That was a very nice takeoff in your film, and a nice climb to alt, but, um, what else? :)

(I think you uploaded the wrong one :D )

Edit - trying to double check it to see that there's not something going on with film viewer, and having all sorts of problems with crashes doing so.  If I made the wrong call, my bad.  Anyway, off to Virginia, so until later all :)

Wow, I didn't think 3.5k was alt in this game.. Next time, I'll remember to bring my oxygen mask. :lol

I assume you didn't see me fly around at a base that was already de-acked by an enemy attacking via a CV fleet. Shoot down 4 fighters and a LVT then land the kills, in my 110 that I apparntly never fly in a furball.

Wasn't anything spectactular, but since you don't belive I do it, I figured I'd share a film of it. The film viewer has been messed up and crashing this month, so I don't have a bunch of films to show off. Hower I think that film should show you, that I do fly the 110 in furballs.
"strafing"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2007, 10:33:21 AM »
Originally posted by Nimrod45
I beleive that you might fly it in a furball but I don't beleive that you got 600 kills and kept a 1.7 kill to death rate doing it, sorry.  Booming and zooming or furballing?
And you are right I do think the LA has plenty of ammo in either configeration if you use good gunnery, but you can't just spray and pray with it and get kills either.

I do both, the 110 is a very hard plane to keep your E in, it just doesn't pull back up to alt like most fighters do. I tend to just go 100% fuel and climb out to the 15k range and do some BnZ's untill I'm down to around 50% fuel. Once I'm in the 50% range I'm normally much closer to the deck in the action.

Of course you can't fly the plane like a A6m in the furball, as there is no possiable way to do that. The plane handles like a brick with wings and tend to flop around a lot. You have to fly it more like a P38 and try to keep your speed up, so it's just a diffrent kind of flying.
"strafing"

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2007, 10:42:43 AM »
LOL Crockett

Offline Nimrod45

• Copper Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2007, 11:12:40 AM »
Dang Cherry pickin Hoin ME-110 drivers

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2007, 12:52:39 PM »
Dang Cherry pickin Hoin ME-110 drivers

lol well at least it's no some Lgay :D
"strafing"

Offline Nimrod45

• Copper Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2007, 01:15:58 PM »
Originally posted by crockett
lol well at least it's no some Lgay :D

I am sorry to have continued to antagonize you.

I see now that you are instant death in an ME-110 unless the oponent is in a LA-7 which makes anyone who flys it instantly unbeatable and is so easy that you can go to the refrigerator to get a beer and it will continue to HO everything in sight like some evil grinding force.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2007, 01:38:34 PM »
I am sorry to have continued to antagonize you.

I see now that you are instant death in an ME-110 unless the oponent is in a LA-7 which makes anyone who flys it instantly unbeatable and is so easy that you can go to the refrigerator to get a beer and it will continue to HO everything in sight like some evil grinding force.

That is what the wife is for in my panzer.  I get the beer while I make her drive.  I instruct her to shoot anything that moves.  Can't have her spillin' the suds!!:noid
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline FBBone

• Nickel Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2007, 02:07:19 PM »
Originally posted by crockett
I don't know about disbanding any country, but I do think it would be more fun with just two. I think it would keep make the game more like a real war.

Oh, you mean like WW2?  Help me out here, I forget, what were the two countries that fought in that one?:rolleyes:

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2007, 06:19:03 PM »
Originally posted by FBBone
Oh, you mean like WW2?  Help me out here, I forget, what were the two countries that fought in that one?:rolleyes:

LOL.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Disband the Knights
« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2007, 08:33:14 PM »
Originally posted by FBBone

There of course were not only two countries, but there was only two sides. Axis vs Allies. It wasn't Axis vs Allies vs Knights (Rooks of course are the Allies while the Bish are the dirty Axis). :D
"strafing"