Author Topic: Red Orchestra  (Read 190 times)

Offline Modas

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
Red Orchestra
« on: September 17, 2007, 10:24:12 AM »
Hey Guys -

Just picked this game up the other day.  Is this strictly an online, multiplayer type game?  

Does anyone have any teams/squads going right now?  I was playing a little bit yesterday and kept getting smoked as there was absolutely no cooperation between players.

I'm just getting started with it, so I'm curious how others are playing...

thanks!

Offline 68Dougal

• Copper Member
Red Orchestra
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 10:42:50 AM »
It's pretty much online only, like AH. There is an offline mode, but the bots are really dumb. The offline is only really useful for target practice and getting familiar with the maps.

As far as team play goes, these days it's hard to find on public servers. If you go to a server that has alot of clan members on on you may be able to find some teamwork. Otherwise, using the built-in voice chat might get some teamwork going. Even if other people don't respond, they will usually listen to you and start working together.

If I remember correctly, there used to be an online campaign-type thing going on, too. "Iron Crescendo", or something like that. I don't know if it's still around. You sign up for a side and then once a week there is a battle that goes on all day to decide the outcome of a campaign on a larger strategic map. They have ranks and squad assignments and things like that. It's all about teamwork.

I've never been part of a clan or anything like that, so I can't really tell you much about them.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 10:57:39 AM by 68Dougal »
68Dougal
347th FG 68th FS
Fear The Reaper No More Fear The Lancers

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
Red Orchestra
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 12:15:11 PM »
I think TxDad plays that ~ online only. He doesn't seem to be terribly taken with it. I can ask him to afk for a smoke break with me, and he'll get right up & go out immediately most times.

(whereas with AH he says 'sure, as soon as I land...' and 20 minutes after I come back inside he says 'okay, ready to go out.':) )
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
Red Orchestra
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 01:36:26 PM »
It is quite fun in fact I play it almost exclusively though my Squad is now located still on the correct side of the pond and I am in Oregon now
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Red Orchestra
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 02:02:24 PM »
I really want to get this game but I just don't have the time, or the hardware. Maybe in a few years :)