Author Topic: Aggravated Assault/ Some legal advice wanted/ I'M fine, but you should see the HIM!  (Read 12645 times)

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
Originally posted by Serenity
As much as I want you to believe me, my time on these boards has tought me that trying to attain that is an excercise in futility.

Voss lite!

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Sorry my response is taking so long.

Thats 100% true. If you want, I will go down and request a copy of the police report filed. I dont know why, but I actually care what you folks think of me, and hearing all of you call me a liar... well, it hurts. Until then, the best I can do is give you some pictures of the injuries. Enough of you have seen my picture before to recognize it, so there  should be no problem authenticating. The camera seems to downplay the already barely noticable black eye, and dont ask how I got the cuts BEHIND my ear. My girlfriend noticed them today in school. Anyway, these guys werent the biggest in the world, as I said, only one threw the punches. The other stood back watching, and eventually grabbed my stuff when I ran like hell across the street to call the cops.

It's one thing to ask for advice, but to seek validation from an online forum?  You're getting into undeniable nerd territory.

Unplug from the internet, pick up surfing or windsurfing, something like that.  You have all those activities around you, and yet you get upset when people you've never met insult you?
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Originally posted by lasersailor184
It's one thing to ask for advice, but to seek validation from an online forum?  You're getting into undeniable nerd territory.

Unplug from the internet, pick up surfing or windsurfing, something like that.  You have all those activities around you, and yet you get upset when people you've never met insult you?

It's not that theyre insulting me, I just dont like the fact that they immidiately assume i'm lying.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Originally posted by SteveBailey
My BS-O-METER hasn't read this high since Voss was posting in this forum.

Yeah, that was my train of thought, but didn't make the Voss leap.

I was going to say I call "Shenanigans".
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline sgt203

• Nickel Member
Originally posted by jhookt
What Would Chuck Do?

I have no opinion on truth or fiction on this matter.

I do find it rather funny though afrter reading this that he is wearing a chuck norris t shirt in the pictures.

:aok :D

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Originally posted by sgt203
I have no opinion on truth or fiction on this matter.

I do find it rather funny though afrter reading this that he is wearing a chuck norris t shirt in the pictures.

:aok :D

It's my favorite shirt, lol. Girlfriend got it for me!

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
Serenity, do you by any chance study martial arts?  Reason I ask is that kick you delivered to the mugger's ribs kinda sounds like a back kick.  Very powerful kick you can deliver with your back to an assailant with him coming in on you.  Grabbing a rail and kicking from this position would possibly work to get someone off you and could break ribs, etc.  Then get the heck out of there fast.  All that part sounds like you did the right thing.  Leaving before they got there would have been best.  Sometimes that's not an option though.

I'm using the term "you" now to refer to anyone. It may be possible you could get in trouble if you hurt these guys and it was discovered (if you were sued) you study martial arts.  I don't know.  I have heard that if more than one attacker is involved, you can use any force necessary to defend yourself, so if you did accidentally kill someone in that situation it seems a reasonable case of self defense.  There again if the kick or punch killed someone, that is different than pulling out a knife or gun and using that.  Your age would likely be taken into account and whether you were physically able to run or fight.

Anyway, now we know what a Hawaiian punch is.  Fortunately you weren't hurt.  At your age, if you left them unconscious and got the heck out of there, that would be understandable.  Dealing with two is different than dealing with one.  I would have gotten out of there asap.

That little bit of hesitation is very common, and is why he got the punch in on you.  This is not the time to think.  I'd say you did what you could after that without having to use the knife.  Good for you.

Hehe, I knew a fellow whose mom gave him a pistol to start carrying with him to school when he was 15.  She told him, This was for self protection to be carried all the time. She was a school teacher and knew what some high schools were like.  I don't think he ever carried it to school though.  He was too smart to do that and probably didn't have too anyway.  

Les

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
For ****'s sake, Serenity, you should have told us you had a vlog account of what happened to you... Way better on video than in text.

lemme guess, your girlfriend got you the tie too...

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Originally posted by Leslie
Serenity, do you by any chance study martial arts?  Reason I ask is that kick you delivered to the mugger's ribs kinda sounds like a back kick.  Very powerful kick you can deliver with your back to an assailant with him coming in on you.  Grabbing a rail and kicking from this position would possibly work to get someone off you and could break ribs, etc.  Then get the heck out of there fast.  All that part sounds like you did the right thing.  Leaving before they got there would have been best.  Sometimes that's not an option though.

I'm using the term "you" now to refer to anyone. It may be possible you could get in trouble if you hurt these guys and it was discovered (if you were sued) you study martial arts.  I don't know.  I have heard that if more than one attacker is involved, you can use any force necessary to defend yourself, so if you did accidentally kill someone in that situation it seems a reasonable case of self defense.  There again if the kick or punch killed someone, that is different than pulling out a knife or gun and using that.  Your age would likely be taken into account and whether you were physically able to run or fight.

Anyway, now we know what a Hawaiian punch is.  Fortunately you weren't hurt.  At your age, if you left them unconscious and got the heck out of there, that would be understandable.  Dealing with two is different than dealing with one.  I would have gotten out of there asap.

That little bit of hesitation is very common, and is why he got the punch in on you.  This is not the time to think.  I'd say you did what you could after that without having to use the knife.  Good for you.

Hehe, I knew a fellow whose mom gave him a pistol to start carrying with him to school when he was 15.  She told him, This was for self protection to be carried all the time. She was a school teacher and knew what some high schools were like.  I don't think he ever carried it to school though.  He was too smart to do that and probably didn't have too anyway.  

Les

2 years Judo. I'm not real good at it though. I carry the knife for self protection myself, I'm a white guy in Hawaii, I'm used to getting jumped. But this is the first time I have actually lost something in the scuffle. Im normally able to hold them off, as I can take a hit a lot better than they expect, and I get the jump on them in the moment of surprise.

Neubob, get a life. If all you have to do is stock some kid around all day, you need a life. Collect stamps, get laid, anything. But you have too much time on your hands.

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Sorry my response is taking so long.

Thats 100% true. If you want, I will go down and request a copy of the police report filed

Cool.  I'm looking forward to reading it.  I'm especially interested in reading the witness statements.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Originally posted by SteveBailey
Cool.  I'm looking forward to reading it.  I'm especially interested in reading the witness statements.

Sorry steve. I opted to press charges, so until it goes to court, its sealed tight. My parents cannot even get a copy of it. And seeing as I'm a minor, its 'privelaged', so even if it DOES go to court, it will be tough to get a copy of. I tried today to get a copy, and thats what I was told.

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Sorry steve. I opted to press charges, so until it goes to court, its sealed tight. My parents cannot even get a copy of it. And seeing as I'm a minor, its 'privelaged', so even if it DOES go to court, it will be tough to get a copy of. I tried today to get a copy, and thats what I was told.

*snicker*

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
Neubob, get a life. If all you have to do is stock some kid around all day, you need a life. Collect stamps, get laid, anything. But you have too much time on your hands.

This from a guy who's averaging better than 6 posts a day?

On a related note, Serenity, it's 'stalk', not 'stock'... Spelling is important for anybody hoping to make a living writing fiction.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Originally posted by Neubob
This from a guy who's averaging better than 6 posts a day?

On a related note, Serenity, it's 'stalk', not 'stock'... Spelling is important for anybody hoping to make a living writing fiction.

No. I'll be the bigger person. Show that even teens have some maturity. I'm walking away from this particular piece of bait.

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
No. I'll be the bigger person. Show that even teens have some maturity. I'm walking away from this particular piece of bait.

It's your only option really, since your bluff has been called and you cannot show anything supporting your wild claims. Walking away in feigned indignation is all you have left, really.