Author Topic: Cherry picking is O.K.!!  (Read 3752 times)

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
Cherry picking is O.K.!!
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2007, 05:07:33 PM »
I would reather do a   Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann than anything else it this game :)

http://www.amazon.com/Blond-Knight-Germany-Raymond-Toliver/dp/0830681892/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-5017931-4971328?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1191448922&sr=8-1

So ya "cherry picking" this way is way "ok" with me .

You all might really listen to NoBaddy more , I know I do .
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Cherry picking is O.K.!!
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2007, 05:23:42 PM »
Originally posted by airspro
You all might really listen to NoBaddy more , I know I do .

Well, I'm not sure about it....but, this sounds like a mistake!! :)
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Cherry picking is O.K.!!
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2007, 09:31:44 PM »
He only said we should listen to you- he's not said that you're right, or that we should follow your advice. :)
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Angry Samoan

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Cherry picking is O.K.!!
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2007, 09:47:16 PM »
Originally posted by 2bighorn
Dogfighting is just like sex, the longer, the better.
Cherry picking is like pleasuring yourself.

Your pick...

Sig material  -  few words,   much wisdom!!:aok

(They say you will eventually go blind but I have proof its only temporary!!)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 09:51:28 PM by Angry Samoan »

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
Cherry picking is O.K.!!
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2007, 02:11:13 AM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
That would explain the need to be dweeby enough to brag about chery picking in a game about dogfighting.:rolleyes:

Not to validate or condone cherry picking either way, but simply to point out that some people who mouth-off just to annoy others or tell someone else what is the right and wrong way to play this game, don't have a clue about what they are spouting most of the time.

"dog·fight"   Pronunciation [dawg-fahyt] noun, verb.
–noun

2. "a fight between warring fighter planes."

Another definition -

"An aerial battle between fighter planes."

Ergo, BnZ tactics such as cherrypicking, which if you weren't duly informed, do utilize a 'fighter plane', are well within the definition of dogfighting.  

Therefore, your comment was both ignorant and stupid, which considering the source, is in tune with the nature order of things.  :aok
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline trigger2

• Silver Member
Re: Cherry picking is O.K.!!
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2007, 02:19:32 AM »
Originally posted by IronDog
I don't know why most people think cherry picking is a bad thing.Cherry picking is nothing more than good flying,and it should be applauded.Believe it or not most the good pilots in WWII got  most of their kills via cherry picking.Does never seen what hit them ring any bells?!It takes a lot of skill lining up a victim,running in,and then applying the kill shot,and getting out.rinse and repeat.Furballers create the pickers by doing just that.No furballs,no pickers.Do I enjoy getting picked...heck no,but I can appreciate the effort put in by the picker.I notice most the good furball pilots,are the most vocal when they get picked.Does (*&$#@! picker sound familiar? :lol.many of the aircraft in AH are made for picking,and not for furballing.Oh some of the better sticks can turn fight in a picker,but they aren't made for it.Next time you get picked,give that skilled picker a big !
IronDog

Cherry Picking is more of a FFA term
in Teams (like the MA's) it should be refered to as B2B protection (buddy to buddy)
Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are: You only
need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the
WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
*TAs Aerofighters Inc.*

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
Re: HOOING PICKTARDS !!!!
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2007, 02:22:56 AM »
Originally posted by shamroc
It's a sad fact that the AvA and DA are almost always empty - it frustrates
me to no end.  I also deeply respect anyone who hangs out regularly in the
AvA/DA - they make the game fun for me. :)

Shamroc

Not to digress too much, but for me and many others, HiTech killed the DA as a fun place to be for more than an hour a week if that.  Justifying their action by saying the DA was not being used (which they allowed occur for way more than a year) as it was intended, when the reality was they simply didn't want to be bothered assisting with some minor player concerns and simply wiped the problem off their plate by going to the quick and dirty technical solution of turning killshooter back on permanently.

Was a fun place to learn ACM.  Now it's just a place to try an boost one's ego by humiliating someone else, by and large.
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
Cherry picking is O.K.!!
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2007, 07:20:21 AM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
He only said we should listen to you- he's not said that you're right, or that we should follow your advice. :)

Hub...

The other BK's musta been lying about you. You are definitely not dumber than durt. :)

I am curious, back when virtual dirt was new, cherry picking meant swooping in and popping an engaged enemy that was paying attention to his 6. I have noticed these days that some folk tend to call any death a cherry pick.

What is a cherry pick now?
NoBaddy (NB)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Cherry picking is O.K.!!
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2007, 07:43:03 AM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy

What is a cherry pick now?

1 of 3 excuses used by some knucklehead on ch 200, ranting as to why he died.
You can guess the other 2. :D

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Cherry picking is O.K.!!
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2007, 07:55:00 AM »
Originally posted by Sloehand
Not to validate or condone cherry picking either way, but simply to point out that some people who mouth-off just to annoy others or tell someone else what is the right and wrong way to play this game, don't have a clue about what they are spouting most of the time.

"dog·fight"   Pronunciation [dawg-fahyt] noun, verb.
–noun

2. "a fight between warring fighter planes."

Another definition -

"An aerial battle between fighter planes."

Ergo, BnZ tactics such as cherrypicking, which if you weren't duly informed, do utilize a 'fighter plane', are well within the definition of dogfighting.  

Therefore, your comment was both ignorant and stupid, which considering the source, is in tune with the nature order of things.  :aok

Let me give you a quote by a friend on this topic which sums it up nicely:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by 2bighorn
Dogfighting is just like sex, the longer, the better.
Cherry picking is like pleasuring yourself.

Your pick...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, get off my ankle and go pleasure yourself!:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
Cherry picking is O.K.!!
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2007, 03:09:53 PM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy

What is a cherry pick now? [/B]

For me it's a plane flying toward some place and not engaged with another plane . As in someone climbing out and I get on his low six and blow him up , etc etc .

Not someone doing a one on one and me coming in hot and swooping in and shooting him . That's IMO ( unless they call for help ) just kill stealing .

And yes I did say "listen to him" , I would also place Widewing on this list as well . Listen closely to both IMO .
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Cherry picking is O.K.!!
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2007, 03:13:04 PM »
For me it's a plane flying toward some place and not engaged with another plane . As in someone climbing out and I get on his low six and blow him up , etc etc .

Not someone doing a one on one and me coming in hot and swooping in and shooting him . That's IMO ( unless they call for help ) just kill stealing .

And yes I did say "listen to him" , I would also place Widewing on this list as well . Listen closely to both IMO .

Your definition of cherry picking is incorrect.

So is your definition of kill stealing.

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
Cherry picking is O.K.!!
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2007, 03:52:46 PM »

Well, number 1 could be a cherry. It's more likely to be an afk kill.

Number 2 IS[/u] a cherry pick. If you stop and think about it, since the term comes from cherry = vigin pilot, any kill versus a noob could be considered a cherry pick. Bottomline, if you get cherried...you had to fly like a noob. :D
NoBaddy (NB)

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: HOOING PICKTARDS !!!!
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2007, 04:27:21 PM »
 Now it's just a place to try an boost one's ego by humiliating someone else, by and large.

This scenario has a very familiar ring to it. WHo do I know that does this....ALOT....hmmmm....

ahh well never mind.:rolleyes:
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: HOOING PICKTARDS !!!!
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2007, 04:28:19 PM »
Not to digress too much, but for me and many others, HiTech killed the DA as a fun place to be for more than an hour a week if that.  Justifying their action by saying the DA was not being used (which they allowed occur for way more than a year) as it was intended, when the reality was they simply didn't want to be bothered assisting with some minor player concerns and simply wiped the problem off their plate by going to the quick and dirty technical solution of turning killshooter back on permanently.

Was a fun place to learn ACM.  Now it's just a place to try an boost one's ego by humiliating someone else, by and large.

Yep.  Also shows you how match they really care about their customers.  We asked for help, and got punished for it.

Here is another $15
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.