Author Topic: Why don't field supplies do anything?  (Read 878 times)

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
Why don't field supplies do anything?
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2007, 09:34:07 AM »
Knock it off for crying out loud. Pervs
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2007, 09:39:12 AM »
Julia Roberts?? Bleeeech can't stand her.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2007, 09:47:16 AM »
A message in gold like "Repair time reduced by 15min" equivalent to the "Radar destroyed" we already get?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2007, 10:04:08 AM »
Originally posted by moot
A message in gold like "Repair time reduced by 15min" equivalent to the "Radar destroyed" we already get?

Yeah, but the time that would be better to see is "17 minutes remaining" or "22 minutes remaining" or however many.  That way you know how many more loads it would take.

Even if it was just a pop up window ~ like when you get muted then try to type

"You have been muted for 2.9 remaining minutes" or whatever it says
(pretending like I don't know)
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2007, 11:00:37 AM »
I do plenty supply runs myself and think a c-47 should hold more supplies than an m-3 plus it's a lot more risky to fly them in then drive.  Suppose this should be in wish list but since were talking supplies.

Thanks for the heads up on dropping supplies Lynx. I was told you had to be on concrete. So what is the maximum distance? Is it similar or the same as dropping vehicle supplies? I believe thats 1k.

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2007, 11:09:24 AM »
I disagree with those who are requesting exact, detailed information regarding how much time is remaining.

For one thing, there are various targets at the field, potentially with various amounts of time remaining.

Secondly, I've played a sim in the past that announced the closing and reopening of fields on the country channel, and it's much better IMO to leave that in the category of "fog of war".

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2007, 11:15:15 AM »
Originally posted by Ghastly
For one thing, there are various targets at the field, potentially with various amounts of time remaining.
 Yeah, but various doesn't mean vast ~ there's just three, which are all listed as up or down on the clipboard field status.  And it's definitely set up so each has it's own down time, but all of those calculations are already in place ~ it's just a matter of reporting the existing calculations for each of the items.
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2007, 11:21:03 AM »
I just got myself a new quote!

Ooooh, it looks SO cool.  

Thanks Urchin!
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2007, 11:29:36 AM »
Originally posted by A8TOOL
Thanks for the heads up on dropping supplies Lynx. I was told you had to be on concrete. So what is the maximum distance? Is it similar or the same as dropping vehicle supplies? I believe thats 1k.

From the help files
The C-47, LVT-2, and M-3 have the capability to drop supplies on a field to repair the field or shorten the downtime. These object supplies will repair all resupplyable objects in a one mile radius from the point where the supplies land. The supplies are selected as a loadout option in the hangar, and .25 perk points are awarded to the player who dropped the supplies for every object that's affected by the resupply.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2007, 11:32:31 AM »
Originally posted by Murdr
From the help files

To add...  you can somewhat "guess" how close the supplies are to re-upping by how many perks you get.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2007, 11:34:54 AM »
Lute -

How?  Do you get more when they are close to being done, or if they were just fragged?

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2007, 11:38:24 AM »
Originally posted by texasmom
Yeah, but various doesn't mean vast ~ there's just three, which are all listed as up or down on the clipboard field status.
There are more than three.  Just for a fields ordinance there are 4 individual ammo bunkers.  Each would have it's own downtime.

My reply in the wishlist thread answers much of the concerns ghastly rasies.

Also: This information may be helpful when discussing this topic: Strat Guide

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2007, 11:39:45 AM »
Originally posted by Urchin
Lute -

How?  Do you get more when they are close to being done, or if they were just fragged?
The more damaged objects within the radius of your resupply drop, the more perks you get.

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2007, 11:43:03 AM »
Originally posted by Murdr
There are more than three.  Just for a fields ordinance there are 4 individual ammo bunkers.  Each would have it's own downtime.
My reply in the wishlist thread answers much of the concerns ghastly rasies.
Also: This information may be helpful when discussing this topic: Strat Guide

Yes, but the only clock that matters where supply runs are concerned is the one that changes the status from down to up for ords, dar, and troops.  Everything else is just icing.
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2007, 11:51:47 AM »
Originally posted by texasmom
Yes, but the only clock that matters where supply runs are concerned is the one that changes the status from down to up for ords, dar, and troops.  Everything else is just icing.
So you want to ignore Fuel (which has incremental effects, not just up/down), field ack (each has its own downtime and has incrementatl effects on field defense), town objects, hq objects, AAA fact objects, Radar factory objects, ammo factory objects, fuel refinery objects, training facility objects, and city building objects?  All of these things can be resupplied.