Author Topic: Der Grosse Schlag patch  (Read 14197 times)

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
Der Grosse Schlag patch
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2008, 12:03:59 PM »
I WANT IT! THis one is perfect!  It personifies the event! :aok
Originally posted by Guppy35
OK a redo

Just the black outlines of the fighters too.

You get the idea
And I also want Operation Husky and the Rangoon one...  Where do I send the cheque?  PM me.  Email me.  Send the farggin cavalry!
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Der Grosse Schlag patch
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2008, 07:09:27 PM »
NO RANGOONS  (thats why you didnt get any Krusty)

ive got everything else thats been produced .

still waiting for husky and dgs to get finished .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Der Grosse Schlag patch
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2008, 07:29:14 PM »
I wasn't asking for Rangoons.

Check PMs or list an e-mail I can use, thanks!:D

Offline AKKaz

• Copper Member
Der Grosse Schlag patch
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2008, 06:20:46 PM »
Is there a place that has the listing of all scenerio patches?  Whether any are left or not is not what I'm looking for, but when a patch for a scenerio is approved as the final version.

Not only would it be nice to look at some of the previous scenerio patch work, but in some cases when one of my guys participate within the scenerio I would like to have a quick place to check if a pic (jpg, gif, etc.) of the final version is up and be able to download the pic so credit for the event can be givin to that person on our web sight?
AKKaz
Arabian Knights

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Der Grosse Schlag patch
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2008, 10:55:36 PM »
See the Brooke's Scenario Patches link in my sig...

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Der Grosse Schlag patch
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2008, 02:08:09 AM »
I feel so bad about this Patch, I dropped the Ball on this one and owe alot of people an appology, those reading this and know what I am talking about please accept my Sincere appologies.

After reading this thread,  Just on the design, You Can't Imagine what it takes to accually create it....... I do!

NUTTZ
Originally posted by Have
Perhaps the patch should have just one huge P51 in it so 'Fencer's guys' would be happy with it? :)
Like the Rangoon '42 patch here:

One of the best scenario patches ever, imho.
But hey, how can that be? I was flying a Zero in that scenario and I can't find one from the patch :eek:

Anyway, I'd remove the flak bursts from the original DGS patch proposal. The second proposal has better colors in it, but the black plane silhouettes can't really be seen. The patch would be better without them.

I'd like to see a third proposal coming right from 'Fencer's guys' and see what they have in their mind. Speak now or remain silent forever ;)

Offline Have

• Silver Member
Re: Der Grosse Schlag patch
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2008, 02:37:04 AM »
Latest proposals from Guppy35 are quite good in my opinion. From those two I'd pick the lower one where the B17 silhouette is more clear.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2008, 09:49:14 AM »
I'm rather apathetic about the DGS options. Even my initial idea isn't so hot.

They just don't seem to grab hold of you.

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2008, 05:24:33 PM »
...After reading this thread,  Just on the design, You Can't Imagine what it takes to accually create it....... I do!

NUTTZ
Actually, yes I can.  I did the same thing for my old squad the Pale Horses.  Getting the design layout to work on a ball cap was a major pain.  Then customizing each hat with the pilot name on back... well that was pretty easy.  But the logo and stitch counts like to drove me crazy!
 :rock

I got the full art some where...  But picture the above with a wrapping scroll on top "..Behold a Pale Horse.." and bottom scroll "WarBirds"  yeah yeah it was for that other game... but man those hats went over great at our reunion with the Tuskeegees at MidAtlantic Air Musuem.
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline K-KEN

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2008, 02:12:49 PM »
Since Brooke, Roscoroo, NUTTZ, Guppy35, and many others have dedicated their time towards this patch and others, they really deserve the kudos for their work. There is no rush on my part just to get a patch. So far, every patch I have is a work of art, IMO. I know it will be right, at the right time.

Thanks again for all the effort you artists, organizers, and players do for the sake of the game.

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2008, 12:25:14 PM »
Great work Guppy on those latest proposals!

I like the one with black bomber. Somehow it looks more menacing and IMO works better on patch.

-C+
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2008, 03:29:39 PM »
Good news -- the Operation Husky patches are in.

Now it's time to move ahead with the patch process for Der Grosse Schlag.

We need to finalize the design, and we need to gather donations to fund the run (details on that are here:
http://electraforge.com/brooke/flightsims/patches/patches.html ).

With regard to patch design, we have a couple by Mrmidi and Krusty and a couple by Guppy.  Let's get an up-to-date feel for which designs folks are favoring so that we can pick out the current favorite and start fine tuning it.

The Mrmidi and Krusty designs:

The Guppy designs:

Let's hear which ones people are liking, and if you want other designs or have other ideas, please post other candidate designs here.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 03:38:35 PM by Brooke »

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2008, 05:34:44 PM »
I think the red/blue split background is too busy, and too dark. I like the simpler background color of the earlier design, just not what's in the forground. Perhaps some variation of the simpler center?

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2008, 05:37:45 PM »
Mine with the black 17.  It shows two sides, doesn't ignore the LW or USAAF and points to the bombers as the center of the battle, whether they get there or they're stopped.

And I like a bit of color

But then again since i took the time, I'm biased :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2008, 02:48:50 PM »
I like the realistic B17 in the gun sight.  Not because I was in a bomber either.  For a change, I would like a realistic looking aircraft on my patch.  We have several of the black aircraft silhouette patches already.  Why continue that trend? 

I flew an Zeke in the Rangoon scenario.  Did I feel slighted, upset, or otherwise neglected because the Rangoon patch didn't have a Rising Sun or a Zero on it??  Heck no!  It was a beautiful patch which I'm proud to have on my jacket because I PARTICIPATED.  Heck, I don't even remember who won the thing or care.  I generally remember a couple of things about each scenario and who I flew with... never about the points scored or who won. 

Rangoon:  Me all alone on the deck with very little ammo trying to get back to base and being jumped by 3 spitfires (I think)... shot down all three

Coral Sea:  Finding enemy CV with my TBM squad while enemy planes were on the deck refueling (a Midway moment for sure)

Stalins Fourth:  Getting stuck in the mud LOL

DGS:  Trying to bomb targets totally covered in clouds

My point is, as far as showing equality to all sides, come on folks... it's about the experience, who cares if we see all models of planes which participated on every patch.

:salute
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012