Author Topic: And the 2008 Car of the year is...  (Read 2597 times)

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
And the 2008 Car of the year is...
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2007, 04:05:09 PM »
Originally posted by clerick
No it isn't!  It's a freakin' doorstop with wheels. The Camaro hasn't looked good since the early '70's.

Shelby has had he formula for years... except for the Chrysler crap he lent his name to in the 80's...

Cobra's are ok with me.

You may think the Camaro's may be "doorstops" but they'll never be the purse runners the Pustang's have always been.  Nice try though.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2007, 04:21:33 PM »
There is a reason the Mustang has remained in production while the Camaro/Firebird went the way of the dodo.. Not the the Camaro concept is a real beauty either.  GM's greatest weakness, now that they seem to be getting QC under control, has been their styling.  If only GM had J. Mays, they might be able to resurrect their muscle car heritage.  

BTW, the "generic" Mustang as you call it is the new 650+ HP Super Snake, supposedly a Z06 killer with better lines.

My favorite car was my '73 Firebird.  Lean and powerful with gorgeous lines.  Were never the same after that generation

GM, please bring this back!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 04:32:53 PM by clerick »

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2007, 04:55:08 PM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
Not a car i would choose, but it doesnt look bad at all. Ill never ever buy anything that isnt a stationwagon but for a sedan it looks roomy and comfortable.

Fuel consumption, build quality and rust protection are the 3 top things id like to know about that car, and does it come as a stationwagon?.

Here you go nilsen, my personal dream car.  Room for my kids, our skis and enough oomph to embarrass almost anything on the road.  And quality is excellent.  

Behold!  The Audi RS6 Avant!

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2007, 05:07:35 PM »
Here you go nilsen, my personal dream car.  Room for my kids, our skis and enough oomph to embarrass almost anything on the road.  And quality is excellent.  

Behold!  The Audi RS6 Avant!

Nice car, but abit flashy for my needs :)

My C320 will do just fine for many years to come.

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2007, 05:12:26 PM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
Nice car, but abit flashy for my needs :)

My C320 will do just fine for many years to come.

At least it's German.... ;)

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2007, 05:27:43 PM »
Originally posted by Shuffler
Cars are useless to me... I have trucks...

Here you go shuff... Now we're both happy :D

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2007, 05:41:53 PM »
There is a reason the Mustang has remained in production while the Camaro/Firebird went the way of the dodo.. Not the the Camaro concept is a real beauty either.  GM's greatest weakness, now that they seem to be getting QC under control, has been their styling.  If only GM had J. Mays, they might be able to resurrect their muscle car heritage.  

BTW, the "generic" Mustang as you call it is the new 650+ HP Super Snake, supposedly a Z06 killer with better lines.

My favorite car was my '73 Firebird.  Lean and powerful with gorgeous lines.  Were never the same after that generation

GM, please bring this back!

Bupkis.  The Pustang has been a high-volume seller since day one, more or less.  Doesn't mean it's any better or worse that then GM F-bodies.  I don't care how much Hp Ford pumps into a Pustang, it's still a Pustang even if it's supposed to be a Z06 killer, not to mention what the price tag of that Pustang would be.  You can decry styling all you want, it's a matter of taste personally.  I've had multpile f-bodies and would still take any one of them over any so-called "Z06 killer" that Ford could produce.  I've seent the "QC" that Ford makes today and no matter how they badge, how much dealer markup they put on it, no matter how they attempt to polish a ****, it's still a ****.  As far as the f-bodies being low sellers, I could care less what the general public of this society considers "good".  I've been an f-body fan since I was 10.  And it was those f-bodies that captured my attention, not the Pustangs.  Again, nice try though.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2007, 05:54:01 PM »
Originally posted by DiabloTX
I've seent the "QC" that Ford makes today and no matter how they badge, how much dealer markup they put on it, no matter how they attempt to polish a ****, it's still a ****.  

The facts don't seem to agree.

But all Ford vs Chevy kidding aside, i do have to agree that it is about what turns your crank, as it were. :D

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2007, 06:22:14 PM »
Originally posted by DiabloTX
Bupkis.  The Pustang has been a high-volume seller since day one, more or less.  Doesn't mean it's any better or worse that then GM F-bodies.  I don't care how much Hp Ford pumps into a Pustang, it's still a Pustang even if it's supposed to be a Z06 killer, not to mention what the price tag of that Pustang would be.  You can decry styling all you want, it's a matter of taste personally.  I've had multpile f-bodies and would still take any one of them over any so-called "Z06 killer" that Ford could produce.  I've seent the "QC" that Ford makes today and no matter how they badge, how much dealer markup they put on it, no matter how they attempt to polish a ****, it's still a ****.  As far as the f-bodies being low sellers, I could care less what the general public of this society considers "good".  I've been an f-body fan since I was 10.  And it was those f-bodies that captured my attention, not the Pustangs.  Again, nice try though.

wow.. major Mustang diss:D

A regular Mustang GT with Roush suspension and brake package will make this car track ready without sacrificing ride quality:aok

Offline Sisco55

• Zinc Member
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2007, 08:33:44 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
As much as I like the CTS, I'd like to point out that we haven't had a single day of 2008 yet.

Perhaps assign the 2008 car of the year at the end of 2008?

My thoughts exactly.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2007, 08:38:00 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
If you are a car magazine looking for a way to blow your credibility, look no further than Motor Trend for a fine example of how to do it.
Amen!
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2007, 07:25:31 AM »

Shelby has had he formula for years... except for the Chrysler crap he lent his name to in the 80's...

Yea to bad that "crap" Omni GLHS smoked a 65 gt 350r around the track and through th 1/4. Wish i still had that copy of Hot Rod .

Carrol Shelby is to blame for all these ricer econo box rockets.:noid
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 07:40:41 AM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2007, 07:30:26 AM »
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2007, 07:42:20 AM »
But can it even carry plywood?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline SIG220

• Nickel Member
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2007, 12:27:34 AM »
Originally posted by moot
Sig, is there a good reason for typing in huge font?

Yes, I am 55, and have very poor eyesight.

I also did not see any forum rules anywhere saying that it was not allowed.

However, since I now see the the admins disapprove of this, I will naturally not do this anymore.   I did not know that earlier.

SIG 220