Author Topic: What is a Militia?  (Read 18067 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
What is a Militia?
« Reply #840 on: January 09, 2008, 02:08:19 PM »
yep.. he uses a couple of lefty sites and doesn't give them credit.

I believe that the sc will do as they should and look at what the founders intended.  there is nothing to say that the peoples right could be regulated based on what the feds or states felt was a milita.

No one but him and arlo and some liberal lawyers think that the second is the right of the government to arm itself.

lazs

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
What is a Militia?
« Reply #841 on: January 09, 2008, 02:59:15 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Everytime I see an Arlo post my knee jerks. So far I've kicked the dog, my wife and the coffee table numerous times. :furious
:D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
What is a Militia?
« Reply #842 on: January 09, 2008, 03:00:48 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
No one but him and arlo and some liberal lawyers think that the second is the right of the government to arm itself.

You don't know what I think. You're too busy impressing me with what you do. ;)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
What is a Militia?
« Reply #843 on: January 09, 2008, 03:04:26 PM »
No.. the second just says that the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed because we will always need to fight tyranny and an armed populace is always best for that..

from the government being cautious about stepping on rights to japan not even thinking about invasion against an armed populace to burglars in the US being more afraid of armed citizens than even cops to concealed carry making stopping assaults on people...

all forms of tyranny against the individual and the state.

lazs

Fear and paranoia, man. Just let go. Relax, you still can legally own guns. You're just not getting how I'm not against that one bit, are ya? :D

Offline Bingolong

• Copper Member
What is a Militia?
« Reply #844 on: January 09, 2008, 03:57:36 PM »
Jeez, Bingo;

You should at least put quotes around the stuff you borrow to substitute for your own input.

For any who care, Bingo clipped that first part from:

http://civilliberty.about.com/od/guncontrol/i/2ndamendment.htm

and the second part from:

http://civilliberty.about.com/od/guncontrol/i/2ndamendment_2.htm

Guess I am not up with the rules, Im sure it wasnt hard for you to tell I did not write it. but at least you looked something up :)
Good Boy!

Offline Bingolong

• Copper Member
What is a Militia?
« Reply #845 on: January 09, 2008, 04:02:56 PM »
yep.. he uses a couple of lefty sites and doesn't give them credit.

I believe that the sc will do as they should and look at what the founders intended.  there is nothing to say that the peoples right could be regulated based on what the feds or states felt was a milita.

lazs

your so smart laz you to have lookitupitis Proved wrong umpteen times still hang on to your little rock.

:aok

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
What is a Militia?
« Reply #846 on: January 09, 2008, 04:28:29 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
It is my greatest hope that Toad has the same reactions I have when I see a post of his. When I see him post my knee jerks. So far I've kicked the dog, my wife and the coffee table numerous times. I hope he's suffering as much as I am. Then my efforts will be worth the pain.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
What is a Militia?
« Reply #847 on: January 09, 2008, 04:30:29 PM »
Originally posted by Bingolong
at least you looked something up :)

Trying to set a good example for you but I see you're still not following it.

Don't be afraid to do some research; you'll probably be able to enjoy particpating in the discussions in a meaningful way if you do.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
What is a Militia?
« Reply #848 on: January 09, 2008, 05:19:32 PM »

Overall, it looks like when pressed for a real argument you can't really muster one. When the wrongness and obviousness of your attitude and claim is challenged, you're too proud to back off.

:D [/B]

So is this why none of the scholars in this thread attempted to answer the questions in my last post? And preferably without cutting and pasting from others biased published ideological positions.

Better yet I don't understand why the posters against the 2nd amendmant aren't willing to speak in plain language and state they don't want anyone to have guns but the government because they are afraid of the .01% chance they might or someone they know might be killed or injured over the span of their lifetime. And this concern to them out weighs any law or original human right other than their own personal safety.

The government is always interested in gaining more control of it's monitary source and their activities. Individual human beings must first filter concepts through their own feelings, fear of personal death and injury historicly being one that has caused one group to do anything necessary to control the activities of another how ever unjust the focus even in the face of the targeted activity being lawful.

Anyone willing to address this posting?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Bingolong

• Copper Member
What is a Militia?
« Reply #849 on: January 09, 2008, 05:29:07 PM »
Trying to set a good example for you but I see you're still not following it.

Don't be afraid to do some research; you'll probably be able to enjoy particpating in the discussions in a meaningful way if you do.

Here is some research for ya I do not know if gallup is leftie or not though sure you will let me know.  

Hows the minority?

make sure I get my reference in to give the folks credit for public knowledge on the internet for the intardnetlets.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/1645/Guns.aspx

Quite a few of you questions answered here laz :)

http://www.pollingreport.com/guns.htm

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
What is a Militia?
« Reply #850 on: January 09, 2008, 05:36:03 PM »
I'm not all that imaginative. I'll just repeat what Arlo makes fun of me with back t him and kick more. :D

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
What is a Militia?
« Reply #851 on: January 09, 2008, 06:10:56 PM »
If I had any imagination at all, I'd use it to actually participate in discussions and exchanges of ideas. Instead, I'll just spam threads with meaningless, vapid comments.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
What is a Militia?
« Reply #852 on: January 09, 2008, 06:15:40 PM »
If I was capable of looking past my own two inch ego I could tell when someone does more than make fun of me and get over it. :D

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
What is a Militia?
« Reply #853 on: January 09, 2008, 06:27:40 PM »

Someday I may dare to venture out into a real discussion. Right now though, my feminine side is far to fragile to countenance rejection.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
What is a Militia?
« Reply #854 on: January 09, 2008, 06:52:07 PM »
Exemplify, Toad. I'll gladly follow your lead. Bandage your bruises. Shelve that ego. Dis-cuss away. If you can demand it ..... you can do it. :D