Author Topic: Operation pliers - leaked CIA memo  (Read 2711 times)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Operation pliers - leaked CIA memo
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2007, 12:47:46 PM »
Originally posted by Viking
I fail to see where any European government tried to incite civil unrest or revolution in the USA during the French revolution. Try again AKiron.

maybe you missed this part:

"Although the French Revolution had ended its radical phase, Federalists in the United States remained wary of revolutionary ideology infiltrating the United States. Many French citizens, refugees from the French and Haitian revolutions, had settled in American cities and remained politically active, setting up newspapers and agitating for their political causes. A French spy, Victor Collot, traveled conspicuously through the United States in 1796, noting the weaknesses in its western border."
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2007, 12:56:08 PM »
Ok, I'll bite. When did the Soviets or the Chinese try to incite civil unrest or revolution in the USA?

Foster, the former chairman of the US communist party, was supported by Stalin while he (Foster) started labor riots.

Several Soviet spies were linked to fostering unrest amongst the student riots during Vietnam.

Need I go on?
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2007, 01:16:08 PM »
Originally posted by AKIron
maybe you missed this part:

"Although the French Revolution had ended its radical phase, Federalists in the United States remained wary of revolutionary ideology infiltrating the United States. Many French citizens, refugees from the French and Haitian revolutions, had settled in American cities and remained politically active, setting up newspapers and agitating for their political causes. A French spy, Victor Collot, traveled conspicuously through the United States in 1796, noting the weaknesses in its western border."

The French government is not responsible for the acts of US citizens of French origin. And I don't see this French spy inciting riots or doing anything except gathering intelligence. Where is the meddling you speak of?

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2007, 01:20:23 PM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
Foster, the former chairman of the US communist party, was supported by Stalin while he (Foster) started labor riots.

Several Soviet spies were linked to fostering unrest amongst the student riots during Vietnam.

Need I go on?

Yes you do. What kind of support did the Soviets provide to Foster? Economic support is legal in the US I believe. Lobbying is also legal if I'm not mistaken. Where and when did the Soviets actually do something to incite riots?

Soviet spies linked to student riots? Which spies are you talking about specifically? You need to cite some sources.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2007, 01:22:56 PM »
Yes you do. What kind of support did the Soviets provide to Foster? Economic support is legal in the US I believe. Lobbying is also legal if I'm not mistaken. Where and when did the Soviets actually do something to incite riots?

Soviet spies linked to student riots? Which spies are you talking about specifically? You need to cite some sources.

What exactly has the US done in Venezuela? What are your sources?

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2007, 01:29:00 PM »
I have no idea what the US has actually done in Venezuela. I'm addressing the people in this thread that seem to be supporting what the alleged CIA "memo" proposes.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2007, 01:35:12 PM »
I have no idea what the US has actually done in Venezuela. I'm addressing the people in this thread that seem to be supporting what the alleged CIA "memo" proposes.

First off, I think the leaked memo is utter nonesense. Secondly, it is my opinion that Europe/Russia/China most certainly have attempted to influence American politics over the decades. You can't demand we show evidence equivalent to a ridiculous "leak" if you won't even support this leak as being factual.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2007, 01:41:44 PM »
Originally posted by bsdaddict
I'm sure it's happened before, and I'm sure the Chinese would like to, if they aren't already trying...

kidding right?
if not look up how much money china has given the dems in the last 15 years then compare chinese donations to the republicans during the same time period ... let me help: "clinton chinese donations"
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2007, 01:43:26 PM »
Again AKiron, I was addressing the opinions of some here that the US should be doing these things. Influencing the politics of another nation is very different from inciting civil unrest. Using diplomatic channels to influence people in power or funding political movements is very different from sending people out on the streets to combat the police or commit other crimes. And having military units in neighboring countries ready to support a revolution.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2007, 01:51:50 PM »
I will admit to Americans having a history of interfering in other's business going back to our own war of independence. Perhaps the European wars in which we became entangled has given us a sense of being freedom fighters or defenders of liberty. Perhaps it's not bad that we seek to free a people from an enslaving and oppressive government?

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2007, 02:00:34 PM »
You mean a free democracy with a president elected by the people like Venezuela?

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2007, 02:04:45 PM »
You mean a free democracy with a president elected by the people like Venezuela?

I mean a president that is about to declare himself president of Venezuela for life. The same one who seems to eager to establish a communist state against the will of his people. That one.

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2007, 02:14:55 PM »
Lets just wait and see what happens why don't you. Americas record for this sort of thing is not stellar ... to use a polite term.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2007, 02:16:28 PM »
Wait and see, I think that was the plan all along. This leaked memo is horse****.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2007, 02:18:58 PM »
Viking is a **** stirring *******, why does anyone bother responding to him?
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"