Author Topic: WW2 PC game  (Read 2000 times)

Offline FBvirgil

• Zinc Member
Re: Re: WW2 PC game
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2007, 05:21:03 PM »
Originally posted by FBvirgil
why not just play ah2 offline its free

do you have a WII  system My grandson likes playing blazing aces. you bomb tanks , dogfigt And sink ships. Not great but fun playing with him.

Offline Stratocaster

• Nickel Member
WW2 PC game
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2007, 05:58:53 PM »
I guess this dosent answer your question but I have been flying IL2:1946 online the last few days and have had the most fun in a very long while... I downloaded the hyperlobby client and play in dedicated servers with more than 50 people... very very cool... I have bob:2 as well... dosent touch il2... but still AH is the best for me.
Strat

∼<<∼Loose Deuce∼>>∼

Offline eh

• Copper Member
WW2 PC game
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2007, 06:52:02 PM »
OR you could download Warbirds for free from iEN and practice offline missions and duel with any plane you choose against any plane you choose, or numbers of them, offline, forever. The graphics are inferior, but practicing against something that shoots back is a lot of fun, and it will help your gunnery a lot. Plus, if you set the AI fighters to the highest skill settings, your victories will be few, your level of frustration will be highest, and you will learn real quick.

This is not to advocate flying Warbirds online. It is definitely the inferior game, but until AH comes up with  practice missions for newbies or vets, Warbirds is REALLY good for offline practice, and it is FREE.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
WW2 PC game
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2007, 02:56:51 AM »
Originally posted by NHawk
This would work if the plane set was divided in a way that you could tell enemy aircraft from friendly. But since we can go spit vs spit or 190 vs 190, there's no way to distinguish enemy aircraft from friendly.

Seeing your team mates as usual would work there I think, I remember the rooms croduh was talking about I used to host some myself although they were hard to fill if you put realistic ammo on :lol flying around in a constant state of paranonia let your guard slip for a moment and you died. Might eliminate some of the 'annoying' things in aces high vulching ganging maybe even hoing! people would have to look and see what they are up againest on the merge.................or they might just blast ya! :lol

Offline PanosGR

• Nickel Member
WW2 PC game
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2007, 06:07:23 AM »
In AH2 an mg holes in the fuselage or wings doesn't much feel in the plane's performance. In IL-2 a damaged plane needs to be trimmed to compensate the damage (if possible) and the damage affects the speed and performance of the plane. This have a straight impact to the dogfight in general. If you damage your superior opponent (say LA-5FN) in your 109G-6's machine guns, you will gain something from it and balance the odds. The mentioned LA-5FN just can't run away if enough of damage is inflicted...

Well put it. These are the "small" details like you said, between AH2 and IL2 that makes a difference as far it concern the “reality multiply factor”, if I may.