Author Topic: An Appeal To Remove Vehicle Spawns To HQ's  (Read 1106 times)

Offline Stoney74

• Silver Member
An Appeal To Remove Vehicle Spawns To HQ's
« on: December 15, 2007, 01:01:24 AM »
...on all MA maps.

You want to go take a GV to a strat to pad your score, that's fine.  But leave HQ's alone.  For those of us trying to chase dar bar to find an air-to-air fight, its a big deal.  You want to drop HQ, do it with an aircraft and I'll meet you there.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 01:10:28 AM »
Agreed. Also, how many times have 3 people flown NOE for 2+ hours just to go off the map for 10+ sectors, sneak/steal the one V-base by HQ, and instantly spawn dozens of GVs to flatten HQ?

It's too easy to abuse, IMO.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 01:10:38 AM »
Padding stats is all of the rage right now.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline chrish483

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 02:32:29 AM »
the map in orange arena is the 2nd time ive seen with a spawn to the HQ,  most of the other maps ive had to fly there to check it out,  i dont think theres to many maps that do have spawns to the HQ.
L.T.A.R.smkr
SWsmkr

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 02:51:26 AM »
Originally posted by chrish483
the map in orange arena is the 2nd time ive seen with a spawn to the HQ,  most of the other maps ive had to fly there to check it out,  i dont think theres to many maps that do have spawns to the HQ.

baltic has them. the map in blue right now..
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline chrish483

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 04:20:03 AM »
well i guess I'm at a disadvantage then,   but even then it would take an  undertaking and time to fly around off map and around radar , to do it and probly a one way trip in gas to do it,  we as Bish dont even take the time and long flight to do such a thing, (that i know of) that is.
L.T.A.R.smkr
SWsmkr

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2007, 04:54:43 AM »
I'll admit I've flown to a V base to put the lights out, but it's never been off map (how gamey is that? :huh ). All you need is one 110 then follow up in a goon. one person can do it easily by his or her self.
IMO it's a valid target.
An easy way to fix this is to wrap around so if you fly off one side, you appear deep in enemy territory on the other or simply disco if you fly off map for more than a minute.
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2007, 05:03:31 AM »
It's also pretty easy to thwart a capture that's done like this. Just up an ostwind or two when the base starts to flash. the presence of GV's on the field will put most score potatos off the task, and if it's a big enough raid you can net a handy number of perks yourself.
There are also handy 163's at bases near HQ's a few of them in the air when the V base starts to flash will almost certainly beat a goon in.
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline Stoney74

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2007, 06:56:53 AM »
Originally posted by SD67
It's also pretty easy to thwart a capture that's done like this. Just up an ostwind or two when the base starts to flash. the presence of GV's on the field will put most score potatos off the task, and if it's a big enough raid you can net a handy number of perks yourself.
There are also handy 163's at bases near HQ's a few of them in the air when the V base starts to flash will almost certainly beat a goon in.

Well, the problem is that if I'm flying 5 sectors away engaged in some air-to-air, I can't just hop out of the cockpit to go defend a GV base.  Additionally, I, and I assume most folks, fly around with their map zoomed in on where they are, and so we don't necessarily see it either.  Its simply gamey--you take away the spawn and it can't happen.

Offline chrish483

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2007, 07:01:41 AM »
theres alot of maps where the enmy HQ is way off in no mans land in a corner and would probly be an hour flight for someone to really take on, i know i wouldent even knowing i wouldent get shot down in my buffs and even then if you did what would you 8 or 9 perk points for an hour or 2 if youd make it bake to land it, not werth it to me, im getting into these buff runs but i dont want to sit around for an hour ot two to line up my run.
L.T.A.R.smkr
SWsmkr

Offline chrish483

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2007, 07:14:06 AM »
well these VB spawns to aN HQ are really no matter to us,  but to a buff runner thats spent 45 min into a flight and then asked to bail to a GV or something thats BS  yor getting ready to line up and try to hit a target at 9K or so,  more fun then in a GV as ive fond out in the past few days learning to bomb:-)
what was the point of this post?  forgot:-)
L.T.A.R.smkr
SWsmkr

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2007, 07:24:31 AM »
Just add some deadly FOO FIGHTERS to off map areas...

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2007, 08:02:18 AM »
It's pretty easy to repair HQ once damaged so it's not really a big deal.

If you dont like GV's crushing HQ then keep an eye on any base with GV spawns to HQ.  

We had GV's killing HQ other night, it pissed off our squad so we went and recaptured the GV base, end of problem.

Why does HTC have to solve all your problems for you? ...use some tactics and fix the problem.  Come on,  you can park your fighter for 15min and deal with this.....gee whiz
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2007, 08:29:16 AM »
Easy solution....

DEFEND IT.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2007, 08:30:44 AM »
Originally posted by Helm
We had GV's killing HQ other night, it pissed off our squad so we went and recaptured the GV base, end of problem.

Wow ... Helm ... what a brilliant idea ... cudos to you and your squad.

It appears that this concept escapes most ... go figure.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."