Author Topic: favorite kill on La7 thread  (Read 2115 times)

Offline DarkglamJG52

• Copper Member
      • http://www.yonkis.com
favorite kill on La7 thread
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2007, 09:41:00 AM »
Originally posted by Adonai
Killing Habu55 then listening to him whine on 200 is pretty funny.

:lol :lol

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2007, 09:45:03 AM »
My favourite was the one film I was I had, it was absolutely perfect.

I was in a 109K and had a La7 gaining steadily but not rapidly. I started a very shallow scissors so that he would gain without me losing a great deal of E.

When he closed to firing range I pulled a move I had seen in an Il2 film of all things which involves chopping throttle, full left rudder, full left aileron and full downward elevator input.

This burns speed at the drop of a hat and presents a difficult target to hit if do it just right.

Anyway, this La7 blows past on my left side, climbs and swings right.... coming across my aircraft at a high 12 O'clock position.

I firewalled the throttle and WEP'd straight up at this guy, 1 snap shot from the cannon and boom, right wing-root hit.

The La7 went from dead-six to just plain dead in 3 seconds flat.

It was the only time that the maneuver I pulled worked exactly to plan.

Another was one screen shot that got selected for the screenshot drive a while ago... I shot down a La7 in a fair fight.... nothing out of the ordinary. He obviously took offence at this and made it his business to head-hunt me without remorse.

I was busy with a N1k and he grabbed some alt... in order to come at me from above for a HO with all 3 cannons blazing.

Unable to avoid without taking damage, I sadled up for the HO.... The LaLa missed everything and took a face full off 30mm.

Nothing but a HO but it cracked me up because this guy was SO determined to get me, he even ignored a roped 262 to head-hunt me.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2007, 10:20:27 AM »
I was on one of Falcon23's NOE missions to capture a base in a VERY heavy BF-110G2 along with 12 other 110s, a couple of Nikkis and 3 Dakotas. We had just arrived at the town and 4 LA's upped and made a beeline for the busses, I was in the middle of the hoard and more fighters were upping from the base. an unexpected LA zipped by me left to right. I didn't have time to pickle my ord and didn't want to hang the C47s out to dry so I kicked a hard right rudder and WEP'd up. The LA made a  hard turning pass on another 110 and went vertical. I still had alot of "E" and followed him up. as he stalled at the top of the arc I let loose with about 10 30MM rounds and cut him in half, did an unintentional hammerhead stall  and lined back up on  the town, let my 500kg bombs go. then had another LA overshoot me as I was climbing out and turning back to continue knocking down the town. I took the snapshot and separated the LAs  right wing. Used up the rest of my ord, and landed at the base we had just taken. Had two LA kills and 10 buildings destroyed. Overall one of the best 110 sorties I've ever flown. Nothing is sweeter than killing LA-7s!
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2007, 10:51:25 AM »
Some time back on OzKansas was flying between I believe 4 and 5 (it was the endless furball that inevitably forms in the NW corner of the map) in an F4U-1, before the arena split.

I'm cruising from takeoff point to the target base, while a friendly was engaged with an La-7 that I didn't see until he's just about to cross my guns at almost 90-degrees deflection. Purely out of instinct I squeezed the trigger and watched his wing pop off. I was flying perfectly straight and level, with no attempt to position for a shot. Quite literally, the La-7 flew right across my guns at haul-ass speeds an almost perpendicular to my course.

That may also have been the luckiest snapshot I ever nailed (it's a toss-up between that, and JimBeam's Tempest in an offset front-quarter merge that I managed to kick just enough inside rudder to haul the nose over to fatally rake his engine and cockpit).
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline 68Wooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2007, 11:01:23 AM »
Shooting down an LA-7 is no more satisfying to me than shooting down a Mustang or any number of other aircraft.

That said, I've been flying the LA-5 a lot this tour and it rocks. It lacks the 7's warp engines, but is plenty fast enough for most situations and climbs like a rocket. Plus its a perk-collecting dream - I've just about recovered from last month's drunken 262 debacle.

:D

Offline DarkglamJG52

• Copper Member
      • http://www.yonkis.com
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2007, 11:05:15 AM »
Last favorite La 7 kill was the day before yesterday with a Mossie. I was piking some IL-2s what
attack rook gvs, shotdown 2 and then I see about 5 figthers hi ( spits + nikis), time to run away and
climb alone. But suddenly La 7 at 2.5 6 o'clock  and I think no cup of tea today for this mossie dweeb,
I turn into La 7 for a HO, but the lala pilot know the hispanozookas effects and try outmaneuver
my mossie without success. Nothing special, but always fun when you kill a plane what outclimb, outaccelerate, outrun and outdive you (outroll?,outturn?).

Sorry my poor english.

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2007, 12:13:07 PM »
When we had furball island (or lake if you will) I enjoyed hunting la7s in my fm2.  Lots of points.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2007, 12:25:27 PM »
Originally posted by Major Biggles
my fave la7 kill?

has to be the time i was doing a stuka run for laughs and found an la7 + goon mission rolling from the base below me, so i lobbed my carbomb at them :D

got 5 or 6 IIRC before the rest of them chased my poor little stuka down :(

Dunno bout the rankning, bat -- this one's pretty good too (at least from the pizzed off dweeb standpoiint).
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2007, 01:20:30 PM »
Originally posted by Rebel
Ooooh ooooh!  

These guys are just gang tarding everything in site.

From another perspective they were just defending their base, and upping an  LA was the fastest way they could get to the maproom before some "Dweeb" "goontard" dropped troops!
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2007, 01:30:01 PM »
Originally posted by Simaril
Dunno bout the rankning, bat -- this one's pretty good too (at least from the pizzed off dweeb standpoiint).

agreed sim, too many good stories to keep ranking them. biggles is the past master for flying D3A or Stuka raids into furballs, we think he is bananas...and he usualy gets out the other side with a stack of stuka kills...

everyone wins for killing la7s :D

i have read them all and finding them very funny, thanks all

S!
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2007, 01:32:43 PM »
Originally posted by MajIssue
From another perspective they were just defending their base, and upping an  LA was the fastest way they could get to the maproom before some "Dweeb" "goontard" dropped troops!
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

True.

I take a zero for base defense tho :D
"You rebel scum"

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2007, 01:55:54 PM »
I was rolling a Ki84 while reading  200.  Bat was talking about fair fights or something like that.  As soon as gear came up, I saw this La7 close to the runway killing the guy that upped before me.  I went for it even though I was slow.  I avoid the HO while tracers are flying all over me, turn around and fire the lala.

System: You shot down BatFink  1

:rofl :rofl :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2007, 01:56:18 PM »
I ahve shot down many an La7.................

when in my La7 (amongst others)

La7 is one sweet ride and I do enjoy getting kills in it especially  bringing about the demise of various "experten" who profess to detest it so.........

However my limited skill and tendancy to do dumb stuff will put me on most folks "been there shot him down list"...............
Ludere Vincere

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2007, 02:32:31 PM »
nice try dedalos.. :D

i might have believed you if you hadnt accused me of HOing. i never even pass head on, let alone fire head on..

go back to lie school, get your degree in troll and try again.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2007, 02:48:43 PM »
Favorite LA7 kill?

I was in a JU88 on the TankTown map. I was about 2K from ground, and there was a lala at 5, of course he dives on me. I make him overshoot, so he comes around again, this time I was at tree top level. he blows by me, but tries to loose 'E' by ruddering back and fourth so he doesn't have to do a complete loop around again. He is about 800 in front of me. All my tail guns are out. I turned IB for the nearest mountain. The LA7 could not seem to loose enough 'E' to get behind me. He is still in front of me about 600. Right as I am about to hit the hill I yank up, the LA7 nails the hill. Guess he wanted to kill me that bad.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com