Author Topic: favorite kill on La7 thread  (Read 2116 times)

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
favorite kill on La7 thread
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2007, 03:30:21 PM »
My ALL time favorite kills sesion, not just LA-7's but there was at least one of them involved....

Right after the 2006 Con when the RV-8 was still active on most maps. I took one out and headed over to this Bish base that us Knights were hitting. Got there right as all the field ack was dead and the vulch lamp came on. We were capping the field waiting on our goon to show up, about 30 miles out and inbound.

Well I got over the field and start doing tight turns and loops in my RV-8 o death. Had a spit engage me in a turn fight, he stalls at low alt, dead. LA-7 dives in from I don't know where, auger, dead. Hurri IIC comes in so I lead him on a slow speed chase over the field, through a bomber hanger where I do a loop back through the hanger and the hurri tries to follow me, hits hanger, dead. A6M5b comes out of the fighter hanger and tries to tag me, so I do the hanger loop again through a fighter hanger, he hits hanger, dead.

About that time we capture the field so I'm coming around to land my 4 proxie kills, when a Dora comes screaming in on the deck trying to kill me. I make a hard turn, get pinged in the rudder by one of his 13mm rounds so no major damage and I head for the big pad to land there. Get on the ground and start heading in between the fighter hangers when the Dora comes in on me again. He must have had target fixation and didn't see the hanger I was going behind because he hit it and I had Dora parts flying all around me.

Landed 5 kills with a huge smile on my face. That turned into hysterical laughter once 200 lit up with people complaining about how I got their proxie kills.

PERK THE RV-8!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl :aok
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2007, 04:13:28 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
nice try dedalos.. :D

i might have believed you if you hadnt accused me of HOing. i never even pass head on, let alone fire head on..

go back to lie school, get your degree in troll and try again.

:lol
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2007, 04:22:29 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
double la7 kill same pilot failed revenge story!

saxman youre in the lead so far this thread! nice
Actually, memory serves me and it was 4 different people.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Mus51

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2007, 04:50:10 PM »
I love it when u see a lala co alt, you dive quick to gain some more E and then head straight for him from below. The poor fella in the Lala then things ur doing a ho and accepts it by diving down.

The poor fella misses and mostly lost view of you after the merge.. they usually fly straight and you just smack m to peaces after a immel! :lol
Regards,

DutchGuy

Offline KG45

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2007, 04:54:34 PM »
when i used to fly the Spit 9 alot, I didn't waste ammo on 7s. just get them to follow me into a nice tight rolling horiz scissors, and wait for 'em to fall out of the sky behind me...
all you fascists, you're bound to lose...

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2007, 04:59:40 PM »
None of them are memorable but just the other night I was fighting with one in a Spit XVI (no match really).  The La reversed from below coming back at up at me for what he thought would be the HO.  I was inverted coming down and knew he didn't have the angle for the shot.  I took the high forward deflection and raked him from nose cone to tail right across the full length of the cockpit.  Poof!
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2007, 05:37:21 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot

Stall horn in a constant buzz ... WEP screaming ... using every bit of rudder that I had to try and get an inside edge on him without stalling a wing.

Slap, you shouldn't have to touch rudder in a lufbery. If you are using top rudder to offset wing-dip, you're pushing too hard. Using top rudder will tend to cross-control the plane, rolling it out of the bank angle and bleeding off E, increasing the probability of wing-dip. In short, it increases your turn radius and decreases your turn rate. Both are undesirable. ;)

One sure fire way to unwittingly increase the turn radius is to fly too deep into the stall. Backing off just a bit will improve the result. That, and staying off the rudder pedals.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2007, 05:43:38 PM »
Originally posted by Widewing
Slap, you shouldn't have to touch rudder in a lufbery. If you are using top rudder to offset wing-dip, you're pushing too hard. Using top rudder will tend to cross-control the plane, rolling it out of the bank angle and bleeding off E, increasing the probability of wing-dip. In short, it increases your turn radius and decreases your turn rate. Both are undesirable. ;)

One sure fire way to unwittingly increase the turn radius is to fly too deep into the stall. Backing off just a bit will improve the result. That, and staying off the rudder pedals.

My regards,

Widewing

Dammit, do not give him any more tips.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2007, 06:53:03 PM »
Using top rudder will tend to cross-control the plane, rolling it out of the bank angle and bleeding off E, increasing the probability of wing-dip. In short, it increases your turn radius and decreases your turn rate. Both are undesirable.  

On the La7/5FN there is a "sweet spot" when using cross control that turns it quite rapidly.  Sustaining it is not something I can do however ..........
Ludere Vincere

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2007, 09:26:13 PM »
thanks for the tip widewing, this is the reason why i suck at sustained flat turns, and often lose the luftberry fight. i need to practice with the old 'less is more' theory.

S!
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2007, 06:12:15 AM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
That video is ownage in a bad way!

:aok

thanks mate! i was kinda proud of that kill..i think youre the only person who watched it :)

S!
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2007, 07:12:22 AM »

My regards,

Widewing

Thanks for that WW ... Math must have been doing the same thing as me, cause it was dead even throught out ... until his wing dipped and he wobbled it saving the auger, but he couldn't accel quick enough to get away from the cannons.

Hey Captain VH ...  :p
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2007, 11:31:50 AM »
Originally posted by Mus51
I love it when u see a lala co alt, you dive quick to gain some more E and then head straight for him from below. The poor fella in the Lala then things ur doing a ho and accepts it by diving down.

The poor fella misses and mostly lost view of you after the merge.. they usually fly straight and you just smack m to peaces after a immel! :lol

So you can catch a diving lala that flies straight by doing an immel? :rofl  I think a 262 would have trouble catching him after that :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2007, 01:01:03 PM »

My regards,

Widewing
Very well said, Widewing.  A luftberry is an unforgiving type of engagement.  If you're doing things right, it looks like the guy is going to catch you, then when he gets close, you pull up and roll on him.  The response is usually, "where did you get that extra E"?  When in hindsight, one should be building E the whole time with minimal/no flaps, nose above horizon, and no rudder.:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2007, 01:15:54 PM »
My best LA 7 kill was a 2 on 1. I had no idea what the pilots names were when I dropped in.

It was within the my first year. At that time i had developed ok skills but as we all know it takes much longer than a year to really be good.

I was in a c-hog rtb to the closest base. Came across a low la7 and a co alt la7. I dove on the low la7 and made one hell of a d600 shot. To my surprise the driver of that la7 was SHANE. While i was on the deck the other La7 dove on me and with a quick reversal and a short burst in my amazement pop goes that la7.. That driver was Morpheus! Well 200 was on fire after those two kills. God i got called a newb no skilled bla bla for a good 30mins.  

I think that was one of those fights that got me hooked to the game...