Author Topic: Say yeah .. my 2nd try  (Read 556 times)

Offline ZoniX

• Zinc Member
      • >>>PARROTS<<<
Say yeah .. my 2nd try
« on: December 30, 2007, 02:32:08 PM »
Say Yeah

This is my 2nd try of an AH2 movie. Only 3 minutes and no cuts but fun shooting enemies.

I would be happy on any advice regarding codecs. I have no idea which one works best.

Thx for watching .. ZoniX

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Say yeah .. my 2nd try
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 04:15:01 PM »
Nice film! :aok
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shauny

• Zinc Member
Say yeah .. my 2nd try
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 09:30:07 AM »
what band is that?

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Say yeah .. my 2nd try
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 10:33:08 AM »
Here's a few tips for the actual film:

Since it's a YouTube film quality will be reduced along with the viewing screen. So when using the "Black and White" filter with those dark terrain tiles in the background you will have to zoom in on your plane while you're shooting at your foe. If you don't the difficulty for the viewer to see anything goes up.

The only other hint I have is to use padlock to track the aircraft you're pursuing and attempting to shoot down. That way the viewer doesn't get lost in the duel trying to decipher which plane you're after. To activate the padlock select the plane to follow by pressing the "Tab" button on your keyboard. Then press F11 to activate the padlock. Padlock best works with the "Pan" (F8) instead of the Snap (F7) view. However since you're the film-maker it's up to you to decide.

Don't forget to view your film if you're using any of the above hints. The above hints could alter your film in a way that you didn't expect and cause certain parts of your film that you might consider important to be ignored.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
Say yeah .. my 2nd try
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 10:44:20 AM »
Originally posted by Denholm
Here's a few tips for the actual film:

Since it's a YouTube film quality will be reduced along with the viewing screen. So when using the "Black and White" filter with those dark terrain tiles in the background you will have to zoom in on your plane while you're shooting at your foe. If you don't the difficulty for the viewer to see anything goes up.

The only other hint I have is to use padlock to track the aircraft you're pursuing and attempting to shoot down. That way the viewer doesn't get lost in the duel trying to decipher which plane you're after. To activate the padlock select the plane to follow by pressing the "Tab" button on your keyboard. Then press F11 to activate the padlock. Padlock best works with the "Pan" (F8) instead of the Snap (F7) view. However since you're the film-maker it's up to you to decide.

Don't forget to view your film if you're using any of the above hints. The above hints could alter your film in a way that you didn't expect and cause certain parts of your film that you might consider important to be ignored.

Then he will have icons all over the screen if using padlock I believe.  Causes a lot of clutter as the icons don't come out well.  Another thing to do is to just save it some place like at Photobucket or something and just have people download it.  Looked good though beside that.  :aok
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline ZoniX

• Zinc Member
      • >>>PARROTS<<<
Say yeah .. my 2nd try
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 12:35:31 PM »
Originally posted by Shauny
what band is that?

That's the Hush Puppies with "You're Gonna Say Yeah!"

Thanks for the help Denholm. As far as I know the padlock isn't working in the filmviewer and I don't capture from ingame. Would be a nice feature though.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Say yeah .. my 2nd try
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 03:54:49 PM »
Originally posted by Sketch
Then he will have icons all over the screen if using padlock I believe.  Causes a lot of clutter as the icons don't come out well.  Another thing to do is to just save it some place like at Photobucket or something and just have people download it.  Looked good though beside that.  :aok

You forget that icons can be turned off from the FV after you select the padlock target.
FlameThink.com

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
Say yeah .. my 2nd try
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 04:43:45 PM »
Originally posted by Denholm
You forget that icons can be turned off from the FV after you select the padlock target.

And I believe when you lock on to them and then turn off the icons... you lose the padlock.  I have tried this before and you just need to practice with your views and tracking when your making a film.  Hence using multiple shots from different angles or practice the movements on your keypad.

EDIT: Just tried it.  Opened film, started it, found a target with Icons turned on and hit the padlock button.  Then turned off the icons... lost the lock.
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline Solar10

• Silver Member
Say yeah .. my 2nd try
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 05:04:17 PM »
Nice :aok
~Hells Angels~
Solar10

Offline Mobius_1

• Zinc Member
Say yeah .. my 2nd try
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 06:18:07 PM »
nice looking film man

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Say yeah .. my 2nd try
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 10:35:31 AM »
Originally posted by Sketch
EDIT: Just tried it.  Opened film, started it, found a target with Icons turned on and hit the padlock button.  Then turned off the icons... lost the lock.

Ah. Since I can't make films (Yes, I tried) I wouldn't know precisely. It was simple speculation.
FlameThink.com