Author Topic: Voss?  (Read 3174 times)

Offline Excel1

• Nickel Member
Voss?
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2008, 05:09:52 AM »
this is comical but it's getting old.

i'm done here, but just to reasure you that if you really are worried that i might corrupt you that i'll stay out of georgia? which shouldn't be a problem since i'm at the arse end of the world anyway.

btw don't forget to check under your bed at night coz i heard that voss works part time as the boogeyman ;)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Voss?
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2008, 05:10:14 AM »
"demonize, Show phonetics
verb [T]
to try to make someone or a group of people seem as if they are completely evil:"

Where was this done?  Voss was pointed out for exactly what he is and has done, no exagerations...  No one said he was evil, and probably no one gives a crap if he is.  Just about everyone understood he was a crook out to sucker people into donating to his vaporware.
He's the same as the mugu nigerian scambaiters.  No one expects them to appear anywhere else than in their daily spam, nor fears him or has any sort of obsession with him like you describe.  Everyone just knows he's a scum sucking recidivist.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 05:12:20 AM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Excel1

• Nickel Member
Voss?
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2008, 07:43:26 PM »
Originally posted by moot
"demonize, Show phonetics
verb [T]
to try to make someone or a group of people seem as if they are completely evil:"

Where was this done?  Voss was pointed out for exactly what he is and has done, no exagerations...  No one said he was evil, and probably no one gives a crap if he is.  Just about everyone understood he was a crook out to sucker people into donating to his vaporware.
He's the same as the mugu nigerian scambaiters.  No one expects them to appear anywhere else than in their daily spam, nor fears him or has any sort of obsession with him like you describe.  Everyone just knows he's a scum sucking recidivist.

other than the obvious nit picking if your making a point i can't see it.

i never said voss wasn't a crook. i did say that i don't pay any attention to accusations or trials and convictions for that matter made on this board, period. in other words i'm not going to judge the character of voss or anyone else that plays the game based on what i read here in fantasyland that is posted by others. as far as i'm concerned the game is a million miles removed from the o'club, and as cartoonish as the game is imo it's far more credible. if that’s hard to understand then that's not my problem.

i'll give you demonize, that's over the top. obsessive, i think i'm spot on there. a serial killer in the ranks would probably get less attention here than voss has.

btw, it's funny how the venom directed at voss in my experience at least was nearly all directed at him in the hen's club and not in the game. from my observation a lot of players new voss was gpreedy and interacted with him regardless. not saying it didn't happen but when i was online and doing squad stuff i never saw gpreedy er the despicable voss get a hard time from other players. obviously voss must have had a lot of criminal cohorts back then, or maybe, and more likely they just chose to skip the bs and play the game rather than grind an axe for other sanctimonious ****ers

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Voss?
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2008, 09:29:16 PM »
I just want to make this clear Excel....

Thieves are ok with you as long as they are squadmates, right?
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline FuBaR

• Nickel Member
Voss?
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2008, 10:22:58 PM »
gotta love new people :D

Offline Excel1

• Nickel Member
Voss?
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2008, 11:51:26 PM »
no bodhi.

that would be annoying

plenty of non squaddies have, but i've never had a squadmate steal a kill from me.

Offline AquaShrimp

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Voss?
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2008, 02:27:26 AM »
You sure type like an American.  What are you doing in Helengrad?

Offline BBBB

• Nickel Member
Voss?
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2008, 02:46:14 AM »
I wouldn't have a problem with Voss if all he did was lie. However, that is not all he has done. In this situation there are victims involved.  More than one. Voss stole from them by using deception. That is not an accusation, that is not an exaggeration that is a proven fact.

He used his lies to talk people out of parting with large sums of money. Were talking thousands of dollars here, not just 25$ spent on some membership to some website. There are victims that were directly scammed by Mr Hinds.

luckily for Mr Hinds he pull this monkey **** at a time when the internet was still pretty much the wild west. He pretty much got away with his crime. However, the community is aware of his actions, they have not forgotten and will not forget.

Since Mr Hinds is still out there and very obviously still up to his old tricks, I feel it is the responsibility of members of this community in the know to share their knowledge about his ******tery. This way a new member is not burned by his scam.

As for you Excel1, you came in and proclaimed your association with Mr Hinds. You have defended his actions, you have hinted that he is an OK guy, you have backed this up though your vigorous defense of both Mr Hinds and your association with Mr Hinds.  

Those actions on your part do not sit well with me. You basically told everyone here that what he did was alright by you, since it did not happen TO you. That in it's self is down right shameful.

If I knew I had came in contact with Mr Hinds, if I knew I was a squad mate of his, I would have left that squad, quick, fast and in a hurry. I also would not be quick to come into the BBS and proclaim my association with Mr Hinds with out any coaching at all, as you did.

If your OK with a criminal running around in our community then you are no better than Mr Hinds himself. You are basically allowing Mr Hinds to perpetuate the cycle of his scam on a new generation of simmers by allowing his presence here.

Like a kid toucher, Mr Hinds can not stop himself. That is evident by the lies he started telling here on this board. He thought nobody would remember him, he was wrong. This is a small, tight knit community. We have no room for thieves in our ranks. He is a thief.  This is not an accusation, that is a proven fact.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 03:01:37 AM by BBBB »

Offline Excel1

• Nickel Member
Voss?
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2008, 06:11:28 AM »
Originally posted by AquaShrimp
You sure type like an American.  What are you doing in Helengrad?

planning the revolution

actually that's an interesting comment that you make. i haven’t noticed a big difference between the way most american posters type and non american english speaking posters. i'm kiwi born, but if there is something in it i think you could either picking up on that i'm three quarters irish with a lot of irish american relatives, or maybe that i have been influencd by the americanism of this board and others that i visit, which i think is probably not that uncommon in the internet age. or it could be a bit of both.

Offline Excel1

• Nickel Member
Voss?
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2008, 06:39:54 AM »
bbbb

we are poles apart and i'm past caring  

i didn't post in this thread to piss anyone off. you have either ignored or twisted everything i have said to reinforce and suit your own beleifs, so if slagging me off makes you feel better and gives you a reason to vent your hate for voss then go for it.

Offline BBBB

• Nickel Member
Voss?
« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2008, 06:46:08 AM »
I don't recall twisting anything you have written here. This thread was about Voss, you came in to proclaim your association with him, you came in and defended your actions and made his action seem as if they were minor, that they were no big deal and that we here are all just over reacting. That is pretty much the just of it.

So how am I twisting anything? It goes back to that old saying; "A hit dog hollers".

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Voss?
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2008, 08:07:52 AM »
Originally posted by Excel1
in other words i'm not going to judge the character of voss or anyone else that plays the game based on what i read here in fantasyland that is posted by others.

Nothing fantasized about what "Voss" did.

i'll give you demonize, that's over the top. obsessive, i think i'm spot on there. a serial killer in the ranks would probably get less attention here than voss has.

Wrong on all three counts..

btw, it's funny how the venom directed at voss in my experience at least was nearly all directed at him in the hen's club and not in the game.

Players either didn't know about it, or didn't care enough to stop having fun playing the game to pay attention to the ******.. When I did run into him, he was no fun fighting at all, so even that was something to avoid.
from my observation a lot of players new voss was gpreedy and interacted with him regardless. not saying it didn't happen but when i was online and doing squad stuff i never saw gpreedy er the despicable voss get a hard time from other players.

You simply missed it... and when it became known enough, he just changed names.
obviously voss must have had a lot of criminal cohorts back then, or maybe, and more likely they just chose to skip the bs and play the game rather than grind an axe for other sanctimonious ****ers

Which is better than grinding an axe like the scumbag crook apologist you are, right?  <-- See what I did there?

Some guy cons this many people for this much cash, and you call those who call him for what he is and has done sanctimonious ****ers?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
Voss?
« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2008, 10:14:26 AM »
Originally posted by moot
Nothing fantasized about what "Voss" did.

Wrong on all three counts..

Players either didn't know about it, or didn't care enough to stop having fun playing the game to pay attention to the ******.. When I did run into him, he was no fun fighting at all, so even that was something to avoid.

You simply missed it... and when it became known enough, he just changed names.

Which is better than grinding an axe like the scumbag crook apologist you are, right?  <-- See what I did there?

Some guy cons this many people for this much cash, and you call those who call him for what he is and has done sanctimonious ****ers?

ZING!  I'd quit digging yourself into this hole excel1, your in a lose/lose fight.

10/10 thread for a good internet shaming.  :aok
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Trell

• Nickel Member
Voss?
« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2008, 11:01:20 AM »
Originally posted by bongaroo
ZING!  I'd quit digging yourself into this hole excel1, your in a lose/lose fight.

10/10 thread for a good internet shaming.  :aok

Lol i love these Threads, Come up every few years,  Screaming about lynchings and such,
But I don't remember Voss ever being arrested or convicted.  Kinda funny.

By the end of the day Voss Will still be voss. The people that were gullible enough to send him money did not find it important enough to sue him or did not have enough to have him arrested.

Offline BBBB

• Nickel Member
Voss?
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2008, 11:15:23 AM »
Back when Voss pulled his scam, the internet was still not main stream enough. Cops and prosecutors were still not really aware of the legality  or illegality of Mr Hinds actions.

If Mr Hinds pulled the same stuff today you can bet he would have an investigator at his door. There is no question he committed a crime/crimes here. The whole thing can be read about on a number of forums.

The tricking people into buying a website membership for his upcoming "sim" is not what bothers me. It is the investors that were stolen from. It is the people he pretended to be friends with that he used.

Trell, it seems you don't know the full story. The victims involved did try to have this situation resolved legally. This thread was to answer the question about Mr Hinds. The head of his fan club came in here to defend his actions, though during all that I have yet to see anyone, "Screaming about lynchings and such".  Can you show me where someone was "Screaming about lynchings and such"? I can't find it.