Author Topic: Spies  (Read 2079 times)

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
Spies
« on: January 09, 2008, 12:40:02 PM »
As many of you are aware there have been people spying from all countries, well I think this takes away from the games intent, these guys usually have two computers and jump into missions to either gather intell or to purposly foul the mission up by flying high etc...., everybody knows this has been going on in this game for long time, but my point is this, is the spying fair to the player who does well game on their on accord, developing the skills needed on thier own and do that without the need for someone else to giving them a unfair advantage by spying. My observantions so far indicted to me that the more responsable and matures player do not engage in these practices. I was hoping that the squad leaders and other responsable players could be more proactive in trying to minimize this activity that takes place. I know our squad will not have any of our members involved and we have talked to just about every squad member so far. If you feel the same please act on it, I don't think you pay money every month to cheated by this activity.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 12:43:55 PM by DCCBOSS »
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Spies
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 01:15:45 PM »
Personally I'm a bit perplexed you'd post this here. By and large the majority of squads that post here are well established and have longstanding traditions/reputations that they value. We (71st) probably are one of the 3 or 4 largest squads in the game and you'd never have an incident with us (or any of the squads here I'd consider established).

The issue your discussing is really a "squeeker" issue born out of those who've grown up in the more skilless "game the game" modern quake/DoD world of online multiplayer games. The vast majority of active players dont participate in this dweebishness and dont condone or support it.

Large squads like ours have two distinct benifits that tend to naturally counter this type of minor annoyance.

1st we often announce where were going, we want you to find us (most good squads like to fight other good players)...we wont always win but we work hard on being the 8,000 pound gorilla...

2nd do to our numbers and the great teamwork we have with a bunch of other squads we never post missions. If we want to go NOE or "stealth" we dont need to rely on "unsecure communications" to do it....

As a final thought if you actually have to talk to your squad about this type of stuff you did a poor job of screening. The 71st, like most large established squads values the reputation and respect we've built in the community. Each member carries the responsibility to maintain and expand that image in a positive way. We're not bashful about telling someone to shape up or ship out on the rare occasions its neccessary.

While the problem does exist and is certainly an issue for some segments of the community the solution actually rests here with the established squads whose sense of honor and fair play often goes back a decade or more over 2 or even more different flight sims.

In closing, there is no real advantage gained by spying. "Finding" a player or mission is usually pretty simple, stopping him/they is a tougher undertaking...after all there are alot of pilots in AH you really dont want to catch.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
Spies
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 04:04:10 PM »
What dose this have to do with squads?

Don't quote me on this but people may have more then one account as long as they don't vulch it for score or what have you. Im sure HTC knows people have accounts on different sides and as long as they don't vulch it it's fine. Why would HTC take another source of income away just so people will stop crying about shades and spies.

Im not sure so...

IN
:noid :noid
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
PROPER ETIQUETTE
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 04:28:39 PM »
Humble the reason I posted it here is as you said in your responce, we need to police our own squads as we already do and have no tolerance for spying within our squad members and your description of your squad is the proper example for the squads that don't should follow. Vanscrews responce seems to not discourage this type of foul play, thats how I read it.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 04:38:01 PM by DCCBOSS »
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Spies
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 04:38:23 PM »
Vans is an outstanding pilot and skilled....but is still a squeeker at heart. It's a different mentality...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Spies
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 07:07:31 PM »
wrong place for this to be posted REGUARDLESS what you think. try reading the forum rules first, then post.

with that said IN :noid
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
Spies
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 04:35:37 PM »
I read the rules and I don't see where he violated any of them.  

No names or squads were mentioned, and he didn't even say spying was cheating, he just stated that the more honorable players are being cheated out of their playing experience.

I couldn't agree more with DCCBOSS, but I am a realist and know that spying will continue, and there is not much that can be done about it.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 04:37:58 PM by bmwgs »
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
Spies
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 04:42:00 PM »
are we now recruiting spies ?????

:noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline ALLEN86

• Zinc Member
Spies
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 05:59:32 PM »
i dont think this post by DCCBOSS was meant to bash any peticular squad for one, and i also agree with DCCBOSS, as i have witnessed the "spied" missions being torn to pieces, and also agree with Bmwgs, as it does cheat players out of their fun....

Humble: i agree that the larger squads aren't affected by this type of annoyance, as larger squads have the numbers to swat such an attack away, but when some unnamed larger squads (and no im not sayin yours) are the ones with the spy, its harder for a smaller one to sway at, say, the 8000lb gorilla. its not a matter of screening, i am confident there isn't a single unfaithful member of the Rolling Thunder, however, when a known rook with a "squeeker" persona as you say, shows up on our frequented channel, one must wonder about that squad that this character is C.O. of.

no i dont know how this person found our channel, but it isn't the first, nor likely the last time a mission will be announced on channel 200.

Vanscrew: Does that answer your question?

Kilz: Freedom of speech, dude.

1redrum: LOL and is that related?
"lose sight, lose the fight"

Proud to be a JUG DWEEB!

Offline McIntosh

• Zinc Member
spies
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2008, 05:31:09 AM »
New to aces high,,,,,I would bre honnored to be your spy!!!

Just give me your credit card number for my expensives.....no more than $49.95 a week

I a wait your reply,,,,ready and able

Mc

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
Spies
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2008, 01:00:56 PM »
I think this does belong here. Squads need to be aware of this , as it is a major problem with squad opps. It would be nice if the game afforded us a squad mission only mission planner. But it doesn't. As it is now, you can't use the excellent features like waypoints on a mission in the planner due to little half wits that have to do this. Sad really. We've already had to toss a couple regulars because we caught them spying. This game needs to address this problem somehow imho. Its not a show stopper by any means, but it is a problem none the less.
Debdenboys.comAdministrator

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
Spies
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2008, 02:05:23 PM »
Spying  in Aces High vs. cheating in this:

Same difference. Still wrong.

In.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
Spies
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 02:43:15 PM »
Look this is for squads only. Go cry to someone who really cares
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Spies
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2008, 06:09:45 PM »
Paranoia will destroy ya. Good grief.:lol

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Spies
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 06:15:23 PM »
Originally posted by ALLEN86
Kilz: Freedom of speech, dude.

LMFAO Freedom of speech.

who ever said they read the rules read them again. this forums is ment for squads only FOR SQUADS only. if you are recruiting or starting a new squad post it here this REQUARDLESS WHAT YOU WANT TO THINK IS THE WRONG PLACE FOR THIS POST. try another forum dweeb
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey