Author Topic: You got your mini MA..  (Read 2597 times)

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
You got your mini MA..
« on: January 11, 2008, 10:48:19 PM »
Well that "war" thing was the best idea Iv ever seen:rolleyes: ....

Its fun seeing 30 people in the MA just to find out its 20 to 10 and those 20 are vulching your field. So you try to roll a AA GV only to find Jeep, M3, or M8. Who evers idea this was, youve officially ruined the AvA Iv come to know and love, and turned it in to one big cluster****. You guys have fun getting vluched in your mini MA, Ill be in the MAs where I can get my wheels up before getting ganged by the horde.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
You got your mini MA..
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 10:58:40 PM »
Take your ball and leave already.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
You got your mini MA..
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 11:19:05 PM »
Oh I did slash. Hope you have fun in your dweebarena. Shows what happens when you let some people make changes to an arena.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
You got your mini MA..
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 11:20:29 PM »
bye

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
You got your mini MA..
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 11:45:09 PM »
I liked it. Changes are what keep things fun.  Sides werent balance but im sure it will go up and down as it goes on.

~AoM~

Offline 1Duke1

• Silver Member
You got your mini MA..
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 12:19:57 AM »
Originally posted by Larry
Oh I did slash. Hope you have fun in your dweebarena. Shows what happens when you let some people make changes to an arena.

:cry
Duke

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
You got your mini MA..
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2008, 01:12:19 AM »
popped in for a bit to see the new idea in action.  It really seemed like a mini-MA to me, I guess that's the side effect of making base capture the point to the map.  You need to supress the defensive fighters to take the objective.  I also miss the theatre based match ups.  I looked to the AvA to make for in immersion what it lacked in sheer numbers.  

That being said I did have a couple fun sorties mixing it up in a planeset that doesn't see much attention in the MA and the planes seemed to match up very well.  While I have some concerns about the format I think I'll give it a few more nights in the arena before I jump to conclusions, after all under the "old" format the AvA had it's up nights and it's down night usually depending on the actions and attitudes of the players populating the arena at any given time.  

I wonder if the same format would work and be as successful with a more limited/historical planeset?
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
You got your mini MA..
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2008, 01:47:31 AM »
Well, thought the plane match ups were very nice!

The map looked beautiful.  

Was a little lopsided it seemed, with the allies having a few more, but that was my opinion; didn't check the numbers.

Did get vulched quite a few times (interesting getting vulched by sbds, and hurris/spits with only 303's... haha

Other then that, had fun.  Well give it a few more tried before I judge though.

donkey
2sBlind

Offline WWM

• Copper Member
You got your mini MA..
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2008, 02:47:06 AM »
Even if it turns out to be a wash I do appriciate the time and effort of the staff.  You guys catch all the blame for everyone else's actions and the change shows you're trying to make it better.  I'll give it a chance to straighten out.
Jay12

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
You got your mini MA..
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2008, 06:37:00 AM »
I too appreciate the time and effort put into this set up by the staff.  I personally love it and so does the rest of my guys.  Thanks............
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
You got your mini MA..
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2008, 08:33:42 AM »
It was a hoot, and definitely not a waste of time.  Numbers flipped back & forth all night.  It was usually more or less balanced.   This will be my new addiciton for the foreseeable future!  Thank you HTC staff.

Oink

PS-Love the SBD!  Never flew it before last night.  Cool Bird!
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
You got your mini MA..
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2008, 09:06:06 AM »
Any idea that gets rid of TK sounds like a good idea to me.  Might have to gather up the squaddies one night to come check it out.  What night is the current "most populated" night for the AvA?
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
You got your mini MA..
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2008, 10:43:45 AM »
Originally posted by TheBug
Any idea that gets rid of TK sounds like a good idea to me.  Might have to gather up the squaddies one night to come check it out.  What night is the current "most populated" night for the AvA?

Yea bug you and your squad would fit right in, Since now it takes no skill to get a kill you might be able to actually get a one....or maybe not.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline 68falcon

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
You got your mini MA..
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2008, 11:04:49 AM »
IMHO overall it is an improvement and from the reaction of the squad members a very enjoyable night. We will be back.
:aok
Commanding Officer
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the Reaper no more. Fear the Lancers

Offline Chapel

• Copper Member
You got your mini MA..
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2008, 12:31:28 PM »
My squad and I LOVE the new setup, and though it's a bit of a challange right now, we're looking forward to the weeks ahead when things change slightly due to new aircraft and tactics changing!

Keep it like this forever! There's actually pilots flying there now!
Rolling Thunder