Author Topic: "Gaming" the Game?  (Read 2854 times)

Offline coola4me

• Copper Member
"Gaming" the Game?
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2008, 09:16:08 AM »
Well one thing is for sure, anybody that didnt know about the slider trick, does now after reading this post.

Guess ill throw one in the POTand stir it around:
Driving any gv into the fenced in area on a VH base. Driving right up to the fence and fire. You can shoot them they cant shoot you.
If you didnt know this now you do!!
CO. 172nd Rabid Dawgs
In Game Name: coola
Panties....not the greatest thing on Earth..... but next to it!!!     ME-YOW!!!

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
"Gaming" the Game?
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2008, 11:13:54 AM »
This thread is starting to read as a "how to" manual.

Skuzzy?  lockey lockey time by chance?
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
"Gaming" the Game?
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2008, 11:27:05 AM »
Originally posted by WMLute
This thread is starting to read as a "how to" manual.

Skuzzy?  lockey lockey time by chance?
Why lock it?

If everybody knows, then, it's less of an advantage..  

I have issue with the fence thing, and would not use it, but if I see it, I can develop a defense (no pun intended).
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
"Gaming" the Game?
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2008, 11:33:11 AM »
Originally posted by Scca
Why lock it?

If everybody knows, then, it's less of an advantage.

How about "If nobody knows about it then we don't have to deal with it".

Why train morons who want to know how to Game the Game new tricks?
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
"Gaming" the Game?
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2008, 11:48:37 AM »

How about we post them all, and in two weeks they will b e fixed?

Holding breath:O
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
"Gaming" the Game?
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2008, 11:49:18 AM »
This one never had a chance from the get go. This will be locked by the end of the night.
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
"Gaming" the Game?
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2008, 11:56:40 AM »
Originally posted by Husky01
This one never had a chance from the get go. This will be locked by the end of the night.

Why is that?  This is a discussion forum and people are discussing some problems they see with the game, and how some people take advantage of them.  The result of this should be fixing said problems.  Not a locked thread.  

We know its happening.  We see it happening.  Locking the thread will not make it go away.  Fixing it on the other hand will.

Who knows, maybe they will fix the P40 flaps while at it.

Turning blue
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
"Gaming" the Game?
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2008, 12:16:15 PM »

While I agree that in a perfect world even those who stumbled onto a glitch or bug would choose not to use it to their advantage.  Sadly, this is not a perfect world we live in.

Knowing about a bug/exploit goes a long way to making that bug/exploit useless.  Take the old windmill bug from a few patches back.  Before I knew about that bug, I lost several tanks trying to defend a vbase from one of these gamers.  After finding out about the bug, once I realized someone was taking advantage of it, I found an out of his field of fire place to sit, and warned all my team mates about the invisible, indestructible tank hiding in the windmill.  Since no one would come into his sights, he ended his sortie allowing normal game play to continue.   No victims for him, no more fun him.

You know as well as I do, there are players out there who spend hours and hours trying to find even the slightest bug to exploit.  There is no way possible, to ensure no one will ever know about, and take advantage of these exploits.  Honorable play could, but this is a free world and even the gamers have a place in it.  

Deal with it we must.  The question is what is the best way to deal with it until it can be addressed via program update?  I prefer to know and adjust tactics instead of letting the little buggers get the best of me because they “think” they have an advantage.

Besides, what better way to make a gamer mad that to bomb his "through the fence shooting back side" to oblivion?

Just a thought…
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
"Gaming" the Game?
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2008, 12:57:59 PM »
Alright.  I'll tell you about my own personal way to cheat.

I might use terms that some people don't understand so I'll explain it as I go.

Usually when I see an enemy plane, I try not to HO.  A HO is to be no-skill dweeb that flies straight at the other plane with guns blazing dropping raining, burning brass on the ground.

No, what I do is avoid the plane head on and try to get around on their bellybutton end.  That's "their six" for the less apt.

Then I don't go for the golden BB firing everything I have hoping to get a hit at 1000 yards.  Oh no, my friend, I try to fly close to the other plane taking only short bursts rather than expend all my ammo wildly trying to spell my name in cursive in the air using tracers.  The closer you are to the enemy plane, the easier it is to hit them.  I know that seems a crazy, outside-the-box idea...but it really works.  Try it sometime.

Also, while doing all of this, I like to check around me to make sure no one is sneaking up on me.  This is called SA which doesn't mean sucking ass, rather Situational Awareness.

The strange thing about this is that you alone are responsible for your own ass; not every other swinging dick on your country.  I don't rely on check sixes to keep danger at bay.

Again, it seems crazy.  But it's crazy like a fox because it works.

There.  That's how I "cheat".
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline Castedo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
"Gaming" the Game?
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2008, 01:05:21 PM »
Originally posted by Urthona
One of the gamiest things I've seen is when some guy parked his M3 inside my Panzer in order to avoid getting damaged by straffing fighters.  I'm not sure if this actually works, but its very gamey -- it's taking advantage of a convenient feature of the game, friendly collisions off,  in a way that doesn't match either reality or the intent of the game designer.

Good to drive an m3 to map room, inside a tiger!
:aok

Banshee7

"Gaming" the Game?
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2008, 03:44:29 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
How about we post them all, and in two weeks they will b e fixed?

Holding breath:O

:lol :rofl :lol :rofl

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
"Gaming" the Game?
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2008, 06:11:22 PM »
Originally posted by Yknurd

Usually when I see an enemy plane, I try not to HO.  A HO is to be no-skill dweeb that flies straight at the other plane with guns blazing dropping raining, burning brass on the ground.

No, what I do is avoid the plane head on and try to get around on their bellybutton end.  That's "their six" for the less apt.

Then I don't go for the golden BB firing everything I have hoping to get a hit at 1000 yards.  Oh no, my friend, I try to fly close to the other plane taking only short bursts rather than expend all my ammo wildly trying to spell my name in cursive in the air using tracers.  The closer you are to the enemy plane, the easier it is to hit them.  I know that seems a crazy, outside-the-box idea...but it really works.  Try it sometime.

Also, while doing all of this, I like to check around me to make sure no one is sneaking up on me.  This is called SA which doesn't mean sucking ass, rather Situational Awareness.

The strange thing about this is that you alone are responsible for your own ass; not every other swinging dick on your country.  I don't rely on check sixes to keep danger at bay.

thanks a million Drunky, I bet I can really rack up my points alot better following your "cheats advice"   very good to know,  thanks again :aok
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
"Gaming" the Game?
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2008, 09:07:55 PM »
Another way people see GVs and where they're coming in from is by using god mode view in the tower or from man guns. For those that dont know god mode view..... just hit f3, f5 and f8 and wham boom, you got god vision.  The whole slider thing......is just cheap.  People wonder why I went from GVing to being a GV killer....this thread answers most of my reasons for it.

I heard it proposed that if the rankin system was scrapped, some of this gaming the game would end cause no would have scores or ranks to protect.  As time goes on, I am inclined to agree with this.
The AArch AAngelz is its own country, we owe loyalty only unto ourselves and those we fly with at the moment.---AAolds AArch AAngelz XO.

I love to GV and do Jabo missions vs GVs, get used to it.  Being good at one helps in the other.

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
"Gaming" the Game?
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2008, 11:14:42 PM »
Originally posted by Yknurd

..and what are your real-life interests/responsibilities again? :huh
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
"Gaming" the Game?
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2008, 09:31:23 AM »
Originally posted by Scca

You know as well as I do, there are players out there who spend hours and hours trying to find even the slightest bug to exploit.  There is no way possible, to ensure no one will ever know about, and take advantage of these exploits.  Honorable play could, but this is a free world and even the gamers have a place in it.  

Deal with it we must.  The question is what is the best way to deal with it until it can be addressed via program update?  I prefer to know and adjust tactics instead of letting the little buggers get the best of me because they “think” they have an advantage.

Besides, what better way to make a gamer mad that to bomb his "through the fence shooting back side" to oblivion?

Just a thought…

agree'd! accept for one thing  , i don't think there are that many players who actually spend hours looking for the bugs, they just stumble across them while looking for a real tactical advantage!
i know for a fact that alot of players dont know how to set up there g.v. gun sight to get the max preformance out of it, i do, yet i am not cheating, just useing the tools givin to me yet i have been called a cheater many times because someone, i shot,  could not see my location!(and i am not talking about a slider, you should see my moniter lol)
recently i was on a v-base in an osti in a new location from the norm. trying to get a little advantage, i could see the planes and shoot them down as usual but i lived thru alot of bombing and straffeing, more than normal as i defended the base and the planes stoped coming, then 200 lit up like a cristmas tree how i was cheating, cause i could not get killed! this spot is on the feild, it looks like all the other spots , no difference getting to it than any other, i have used it again and it still works on air cons but not as well agains g.v.'s this is just a spot in the feild next to the tower. i dont think that is a cheat just a good location, am i wrong? lol:noid
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 09:42:50 AM by WWhiskey »
Flying since tour 71.