Author Topic: "Gaming" the Game?  (Read 2853 times)

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
"Gaming" the Game?
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2008, 10:01:06 AM »
An exploit, perhaps, but not a cheat. Cheats have to be dealt with, while exploits do not require action. Both result in a playing field that isn't always level, but the ground game in AH is pretty much a side show anyway. As long as the exploits become commonly known, people can find ways to counter them, and gameplay doesn't suffer too much.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Re: "Gaming" the Game?
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2008, 10:18:24 AM »
Originally posted by A8balls
What exactly is "Gaming" the game and what actions are considered as doing such?
I've read this phrase alot on the forum, but it just seems that if someone doesn't like a particular action in the game, such as divebombing Lancs, it's called "Gaming".  :rolleyes:

Dive bombing heavy bombers is the longest standing "gaming" aspect in AH.  4 years that I know of.  HTC doesn't want to fix it either.  Not even making the drop only possible from the F6 bombsite positions. This aspect of gaming the game has been done to death in the past.  I came to the understanding that HTC must have a reason, gawd knows what and I'm only renting space.

I do not refute the ability of Lancasters to be able to dive.  They used that tactic to get out of search lights.  What I do refute is that they dive bombed like a freakin stuka.  Sure some elitist path finders dropped marker flairs as low as 500 feet in Lancaster's but they were the exception rather than AH norm or sadly becoming the AH accepted normal tactic.  Great pity really for the Gv guys faced with a suicide monkey in low level diving bombing Lancs with, no care or penalty for consistent bomb and bail / repeated flack deaths.

Is there any known incidents of Lancaster's dive bombing or indeed level bombing of tanks in the field ?

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
"Gaming" the Game?
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2008, 10:26:37 AM »
Originally posted by Castedo
Good to drive an m3 to map room, inside a tiger!
:aok

T34 might work at 10 mph faster.  Thats a great idea I can't wait to try this out.  Its like formation flying but with GV's!!!!
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
"Gaming" the Game?
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2008, 10:49:49 AM »
Originally posted by Bruv119
T34 might work at 10 mph faster.  Thats a great idea I can't wait to try this out.  Its like formation flying but with GV's!!!!

2 kills for the price of 1...... good man:D

86svo

"Gaming" the Game?
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2008, 06:27:05 PM »
I would say gaming the game is when you use this neat little program that I found while surfing the net.Works like a charm,but I go caught dropping too many 1000 lbs bombs from a P-51,so high tech doesn't let me play the game to game it any more.I only used it once and was caught and was banned, which is what should have happened.Almost worth it just to see if it worked,but it wasn't,I really miss  the game and maybe someday will see if my privilege can be restored.I want to say to everybody that I'm sorry for what I did to cheapen their gaming experience by my version of "gaming the game" .

Tim
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 06:29:13 PM by 86svo »

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
"Gaming" the Game?
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2008, 06:38:13 PM »
I was defending a tank town once and saw an F4U drop about 200 bombs in a row. One of the guys said he was going to report him and I hope he did.

Ive been in a few missions which were ruined by someone dive bombing Lancs and then bailing out when he ran out of bombs. 2 mins later he was there again in brand new Lancs.

86SVO I hope you remember this lesson when someone tells you to jump off a bridge to "see if it really works".
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
"Gaming" the Game?
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2008, 06:39:03 PM »
Originally posted by colmbo
B-24s were used for "dive bombing" in the CBI with dives of about 30 degrees.  I too am a pilot and have flown B-17s and B-24s.  While it's "possible" for them to go straight down it's the last thing I'd want to do in them.

source please.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
"Gaming" the Game?
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2008, 06:43:43 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
source please.

ack-ack
x2
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
"Gaming" the Game?
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2008, 07:10:45 PM »
Originally posted by 86svo
I would say gaming the game is when you use this neat little program that I found while surfing the net.Works like a charm,but I go caught dropping too many 1000 lbs bombs from a P-51,so high tech doesn't let me play the game to game it any more.I only used it once and was caught and was banned, which is what should have happened.Almost worth it just to see if it worked,but it wasn't,I really miss  the game and maybe someday will see if my privilege can be restored.I want to say to everybody that I'm sorry for what I did to cheapen their gaming experience by my version of "gaming the game" .

Tim

No, that's good old fashioned "using a hack because you're lame". No marginally lame "gaming the game" issue there. You're lucky I don't work for HTC. Not only would you be banned, but I'd have you spayed and neutered.

Did I mention how much I hate kids lately?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
"Gaming" the Game?
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2008, 09:31:59 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
source please.

ack-ack

i think it was posted in this thread somewhere around page 1
Flying since tour 71.

Offline A8balls

• Copper Member
      • http://a8s.us
"Gaming" the Game?
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2008, 09:37:00 PM »
Originally posted by Shuffler
Yes..... did they also bail out just past their bomb drop?

I see alot of this lately... very lame.
Aces & 8s Since 2006

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
"Gaming" the Game?
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2008, 05:25:47 PM »
Originally posted by WWhiskey
i think it was posted in this thread somewhere around page 1

nope.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
"Gaming" the Game?
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2008, 10:43:29 AM »
ack ack

Nhawk, from page one, last post, says info is from lancaster flight manual
 i cannot confirm or deny at this piont in the campaign lol
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Flozer

• Zinc Member
"Gaming" the Game?
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2008, 11:00:23 AM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
history  to them is what their score was last month.

Excellent!

Offline rodak

• Zinc Member
"Gaming" the Game?
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2008, 11:18:38 AM »