Author Topic: Twinboom and Sax <S>  (Read 1320 times)

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
Twinboom and Sax <S>
« on: January 25, 2008, 07:53:39 AM »
Just wanted to thank Twinboom and Sax for some great fights in MW last night.

Sax was flying that FM2 for all it's worth.  Wow, impressive...

Twinboom was what impressed me the most.  I have heard (and saw a little bit of it) that Twinboom can be a little mouthy.  He and I had a short lived, but intense battle that neither of us could agree who would have won.  I of course think I was in command (pinged him throughly) and if I hadn't run out of fuel it was just a matter of time for TB..  The point was though, I did run out of fuel.

Here is where I get impressed..  Twimboom saw that I was dead stick and even though he could have easily taken me out, he allowed me to ditch.

I will have to visit MW more often..
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Twinboom and Sax <S>
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 08:07:10 AM »
MW is far better than LW. Case in point... I was 1 vs 3 last night in LW, 2 LAs and one Spit against my 38J. The fight was going great except every pass from the 2 LAs they tried to HO. The Spit only tried on his initial pass.

While the players are no better or worse between the two arenas, the mindset in MW is far better.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
Re: Twinboom and Sax <S>
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 08:08:48 AM »
Originally posted by Scca
Just wanted to thank Twinboom and Sax for some great fights in MW last night.

Sax was flying that FM2 for all it's worth.  Wow, impressive...

Twinboom was what impressed me the most.  I have heard (and saw a little bit of it) that Twinboom can be a little mouthy.  He and I had a short lived, but intense battle that neither of us could agree who would have won.  I of course think I was in command (pinged him throughly) and if I hadn't run out of fuel it was just a matter of time for TB..  The point was though, I did run out of fuel.

Here is where I get impressed..  Twimboom saw that I was dead stick and even though he could have easily taken me out, he allowed me to ditch.

He ran outta ammo.

J/k.
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Twinboom and Sax <S>
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 08:14:20 AM »
Originally posted by batdog
He ran outta ammo.

J/k.
Could have been a pilot wound too, but I prefer to think it was him just being decent...

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
Twinboom and Sax <S>
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 08:38:19 AM »
First time I've seen Twinboom , he was totally respectfull of other
players .
The one fight I saw you two in it looked to me like Twin was
in trouble , I asked if he needed help and was given a no .
Sc killed him but it was clear Twin wanted to finish what he started .
Thats class .
Was great fites Sc and classy opponent to boot

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 09:26:19 AM »

Please do !!!

Fights in the MW are a lot of fun.

Shuffler has been "shufflin' in" to the MW as of late and it's been a lot of fun trading punches with him in his P-38 'O Doom ... and no matter the outcome ... there are <> from all involved ... except he is stingy with his margaritas ...  :p

Sax has always been and will always be a "class" act ... it was him and the 13th TAS that got me into the FM2.

TwinBoom is a good guy and always a good fight ... it's been great seeing him in the MW on a regular basis too.

Cobia and his A-20 'O Death has kinda made the MW his home too ... always great fights with him and always a g/k or salute from him ... win or loose and even if he is ganged (which for the most part is the only way to take him down).

For the most part, it seems that "egos" are placed to the side in the MW ... and I can only hope and pray that that mindset continues and it pulls some more ego less seasoned vets into the arena.

I think that most who stick their toes in the MW waters, begin to realize that the planeset in the MW is the most balanced of all the arenas and I think that plays a major part in the quality of the fights that one encounters in the MW.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Twinboom and Sax <S>
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 09:32:12 AM »
I've been in MW a few times and there are a lot more quality fights there. :aok
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
Twinboom and Sax <S>
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 09:37:03 AM »
I kind of like the small battles.  I found I could get a 1v1 or 1v2 more often than in the MA.  Most of the time people stayed out of the even battles unless of course you had to avenge a squadie :)

I agree on the plane set balance..  You get to fly a Spit V and not have to worry about the La-7 HO dweebs.

I only wish I had more time to play with that BnZ'ing 51..  I evaded 7 passes, each time he lost a little more of his advantage.  Had someone else not sticked their nose into my fight, it would have been an interesting outcome...

Of course, I know the whole "if you want 1v1 go to the DA" thing but I like the mixing up of advantages, numbers of planes and plane match-ups in the arena's.  

Sax, you too are a class act.  If the game had more like him, it would be a lot more fun..

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 10:26:13 AM »
........Twinboom can be a little mouthy.

A LITTLE mouthy ??????  You don't know him very well !:t

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Twinboom and Sax <S>
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 11:18:02 AM »
ah daie ahlaht...but ah lahk dahktor peppa an kin run lahk tha wind.

you kin assk capin dan

Yup I was killed by slap quite a few times last night..... one day I'll learn that thar P-38.

FUN was had by all!
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline GooseAW

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.chawks.com
Twinboom and Sax <S>
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 12:31:56 PM »
Actually found some decent fights in the LWBlue early yesterday evening. That map just seemed to promote it a little better than the island map in Orange right now.

Gonna have to try the MW out per your recommendations. The LA/Spixteen crew does wear on me.

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
Twinboom and Sax <S>
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 06:26:56 PM »
S! SCCA great fun
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Twinboom and Sax <S>
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 08:22:29 AM »
While the players are no better or worse between the two arenas, the mindset in MW is far better.
====
mindset looks about the same to me, its just a pleasure flying with a far smaller crowd and not having to deal with the late war uber rides, which are usually populated with console gamers and not airplane afficianados.  Thats the biggest plus.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Twolf2

• Zinc Member
Twinboom and Sax <S>
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 08:58:46 AM »
I've found that Sax and TB to be excellent opponents as well as chivalrous pilots. Their actions and those like them are what makes this community great.

Sax
TB

The Wolf

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: Twinboom and Sax <S>
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2008, 11:06:35 AM »
Could have been a pilot wound too, but I prefer to think it was him just being decent...

:rofl  That the same guy that runs his mouth while he is running to the ack with a P40 chasing him?  Yep, that him :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.