Author Topic: Incorporation of A/C Frame Loss...  (Read 1761 times)

Offline justyy

• Zinc Member
Incorporation of A/C Frame Loss...
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2008, 08:05:19 PM »
Well if there is a time limit set ill have to fly in another Arena due to the lack of no skill especially in the Axis Planes i cant fly them very good.
justyy
Crap not another bomber sortie

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2008, 02:48:04 PM »
captain1ma, and indy007, I agree with your posts completely.  :aok

I know it's ultra-frustrating to be killed when you're powerless to do anything about it (i.e. vulching etc.).

Don't forget that vulching almost invariably occurs when the enemy's trying to take a field.  For those of you who think there should be a spawn timer/limiter to represent being shot down (not necessarily for realism purposes) need to realise that field captures ARE NOT realistic!!!  :O :O  Moreover, in the MA, IMO most people appear to play to have a good time, as this is a GAME, and by definition is intended for the purposes of entertainment.  I am one of these people, and as far as reality is concerned, I set my own levels of it (it's probably a fair conclusion that most other people do this also), depending on the situation.

Overall, when I'm fighting in the MA, I'm willing to use whatever methods I see fit to defeat my opponent(s), be it vulching, HOs, alt-monkeys etc (as long as they're within the game rules).  I know it's annoying to be killed in any way, but it's only reasonable to expect the enemy will do the same to you.  If you propose to get rid of vulching just because it's annoying to the 'vulched player', I suggest that the Me-262s hanging around HQs should be forbidden to shoot down players who have just been on a 2 hour flight, as that's super annoying. :mad:
Chapel
 I realize the SAME thing happening with Ju-88's and Allied bombers as well  ...   Seems like the losses are staggering and would in all likelyhood cripple a fields supply of aircraft if this type of tactic were kept up and prevelant  ...  This would keep people from Bomb n' Bailing, and wasting aircraft in a loose manner ...  But it's crazy to see people porking fields with no loss of life, airframe, or any responsibility to thier actions.

I agree with your points about realism.  Just remember that this is a game, and it is not real.  I mean no disrespect here, but if you (or anyone else who reads this) are to continue campaigning for more realistic game play, just remember: Pearl Harbour was an example of real life vulching.  Two pilots, George Welch and Ken Taylor, took off from another field.  They shot down a total of 6 planes.

The moral is: if you don't want to be vulched, spawn from another field.  Deprive the vulchers of their prey. That'll fix the problem.  This goes for the other tactics mentioned earlier such as HOs - if you don't like it, learn to counter it.

Yossarian
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2008, 02:54:53 PM »
Actually I'm not frustrated at all when I get vulched. If I willingly up when there's 3-4 guys overhead, I expect it. I would do the same in their shoes on the rare occasions I'm helping a capture.

They'll run out of bullets before I run out of airplanes.

The only thing I hate in AH2, and it goes for the entire game, is taking more than 2 minutes to get into a fight.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2008, 03:30:58 PM »
Originally posted by indy007
The only thing I hate in AH2, and it goes for the entire game, is taking more than 2 minutes to get into a fight.

....which is why the claim that you can always up from another field leaves me cold.  Our AvA maps tend to have closer bases than those on the MA maps, but depending on location, it can still take quite a long time to get back to the fight.

- oldman (hate vulchers.  hate hate hate)

Offline Chapel

• Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2008, 09:00:30 PM »
I'm with you oldman, I hate vulchers too. But when taking into account field capturing, it's just about the only way to take a field without unloading half a squadron of heavy bombers (which also gets booo'd too).

Kind of a give and take thing I suppose.
Rolling Thunder

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2008, 09:49:54 PM »
Originally posted by Chapel
I'm with you oldman, I hate vulchers too. But when taking into account field capturing, it's just about the only way to take a field without unloading half a squadron of heavy bombers (which also gets booo'd too).

Kind of a give and take thing I suppose.

I can somewhat accept the base capture vulches if it has to be done. I don't like it, but I can at least understand it.

However because ack seems to stay down forever, I've seen quite a few times, that a base was deacked only to have a con or two waiting trying to vulch like dweebs. They aren't there to capture the base but only trying to get no skill easy kills.

I still don't understand why the ack stays down so long at air fields in this arena and I really see no good reason for it. If it popped in 15 mins like the MA (think that's the time) it would discourage these random base vulchers.
"strafing"

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2008, 09:55:59 PM »
In my opinion, down times on all structures and acks should be directly tied to how many strats are down.  This would encourage using the strats as well as reward the defense of the strats.
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline Chapel

• Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2008, 12:03:11 AM »
You know I was just talking to someone about friendly collisions, and a possible solution to "rewarding" pilots who land thier aircraft came to mind.

If you land your aircraft, you can take off from the spawn point at the end of a runway.

If you're shot down/ bail etc, then you have to taxi from the hanger.

It's not a time penalty per se in the tower, but it forces you to taxi out onto the runway to take off, which takes a little paitience and a short bit of time.
It also makes it harder to lift from a CAPPED field, because if you're shot down and killed, you have to TAXI out to the runway to take off, making it tougher on you for losing the airframe.

Not sure if they can code it that way, but seems intresting.
Rolling Thunder

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2008, 12:58:14 AM »
I never taxi to the runway if I'm flying out of a hanger. You can up anything out of a FH on auto take off and never hit a thing. BH's might be different for bomber groups but IL2, B25H and A20's all take off fine on auto.
"strafing"

Offline Chapel

• Copper Member
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2008, 09:18:41 AM »
So disable auto-takeoff.
Rolling Thunder

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2008, 08:44:39 PM »
Originally posted by Chapel
So disable auto-takeoff.

I think what he is meaning is that it is just as easy to takeoff from a hanger as it is an airfield.  There's really no 'punishment' to it.  Bombers would be more difficult, but fighters and non formation bombers would be fine.
P-47 pilot