Author Topic: need help with GVs  (Read 236 times)

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
need help with GVs
« on: January 27, 2008, 08:32:43 PM »
I pretty much never use GVs, in the past week ive been trying them out a little, to broaden the horzons a bit..

im really getting hung up on one thing though.. that keeps happening.. people hitting me that I cannot see, through trees..  not through so much i guess, as OVER..

for example

yesterday I was in a panzer attacking a town, when i spot a T34 booking it across a field..  probably 2.0(ish) away.. I fire a few shots at him but miss because im a gv n00b he eventually goes behind a thick stand of trees and i cant see him...

I go to the driver position to move and WHAM.. i get hit.. I jump back to the turret to see WTF. and I see a round coming just over the tree tops where the t34 just went, the shot goes JUST BARELY over my tank.. i immediately move about 30 yards to the side and go back to turret and look again, I figured he saw where I was so was able to lob the round over the trees and hit me, but now I had moved so I should be ok..

to my suprise here comes another shell up over the trees.. boom.. hits me again..

he hit me again after that and smoked my turret and I ditched/whatever..

is there something im missing?.. I knew ABOUT where the guy was because I saw him drive back behind the trees so I knew he was over there..

but how was he able, even after I moved.. to zero in on me like that when there was no line of sight between us?and I mean NONE.. zlich, zippo

Im more than sure he was the only other GV at this base let alone the only one in that area the shots came from..  but there was just NO WAY he could have seen me though the trees..

left me going :huh

this seems to happen to me alot.. sometimes i get nailed by a guy I dont see, which I understand and even expect at this point...  but like I said, seeing them go behind trees ans such,.. out of sight, then fire.. with incredible accuracy at me despite not being able to see me.. is a little confusing..

and no i dont think anyone is using "cheats" or anything like that, but that there is just something im missing (besides the enemy)

thanks for any help

Nutt.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
need help with GVs
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 08:39:16 PM »
search

Topic discussed ad nauseum.

They've turned their detail sliders all the way down.
Gets rid of trees, rises, hills and what not.

Gaming the game.  The only way to successfully GV anymore as well.

wrngway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
need help with GVs
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 08:50:08 PM »
Originally posted by AWwrgwy
search

Topic discussed ad nauseum.

They've turned their detail sliders all the way down.
Gets rid of trees, rises, hills and what not.

Gaming the game.  The only way to successfully GV anymore as well.

wrngway

now that you mention it, i think I remember reading something to that effect.

well, that sucks.