Author Topic: Nothing to see here, move along  (Read 5262 times)

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Nothing to see here, move along
« on: February 06, 2008, 07:04:52 PM »
See Rule #14
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 02:04:51 PM by Skuzzy »
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
OMG I just saw an obama commercial...
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 07:13:19 PM »
Well look at the moron we elected last time, I guess people like to elect idiots, and thats the demo they play too.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 07:17:26 PM »
I think we are in for a  lot of such commercials. Obama is charismatic and articulate.  You can't really blame a guy for putting himself out there when it plays to his strengths. I'm glad I don't watch much TV.  While Obama doesn't bother me, Hillary's voice is almost like fingernails on the chalkboard to my ears.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 07:20:50 PM »
The thing is, he doesn't SAY anything. It's just empty words. Smoke and mirrors. He has no record to speak of, other than being the single most liberal left wing member of Congress.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline DYNAMITE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.texasaircav.com/
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 07:25:23 PM »
Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts
The thing is, he doesn't SAY anything. It's just empty words. Smoke and mirrors. He has no record to speak of, other than being the single most liberal left wing member of Congress.

*cough* Kucinich *cough*

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 07:27:39 PM »
Originally posted by DYNAMITE
*cough* Kucinich *cough*

Last time I read the ratings for the past couple of years, Obama's voting record was the most liberal.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 07:28:12 PM »

You're right that he is extremely liberal.  However, from my observations, many people are willing to vote for him based simply on the fact that they like him.  His campaign for change has appeal on the surface although is has no substance.

Liberals, and those who don't bother to consider substance will probably flock to his banner.

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 07:36:50 PM »
Originally posted by SteveBailey
You're right that he is extremely liberal.  However, from my observations, many people are willing to vote for him based simply on the fact that they like him.  His campaign for change has appeal on the surface although is has no substance.

Liberals, and those who don't bother to consider substance will probably flock to his banner.

EXACTLY. He speaks almost exclusively in broad generations of "change" and "hope", and very little of specifics. It's VERY safe, and easy to pass off on those who are relatively easy to "lead".

SaVaGe

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 07:37:10 PM »

And which if the major contenders on either side of the isle doesnt do this again?

In otherwords. he's a typical politition
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 07:37:59 PM »
Osama/Obama dont give a single crap about Illinois so you know he wont care about the US if by some mistake that he is elected.

If you arent from Chicago or Springfield, you never heard of him before he started to run. Apparently to them, Illinois stops as soon as you get to the southern city limits of Springfield.

Last major article in the paper that came out, over 90% of the budget cuts was for south of springfield. Cancelled money for schools, roads, cities, etc. But every single budget proposed in Chicago or Springfield was passed because all of his corrupt theiving crooked pals were there.

He isnt welcome in this part of the state and I believe he knows it too
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 07:41:22 PM »
couldn't have said it better.
I don't know what to put here yet.

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 07:48:04 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
And which if the major contenders on either side of the isle doesnt do this again?

In otherwords. he's a typical politition

No, Obama is worse, and I'm not saying ANY of them are without guilt. As much as I dislike Shrillary, her positions are much clearer than Obama's. Basically all our choices really suck, regardless of party, unless something real strange happens and some sort of deal is brokered.

SaVaGe

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 07:49:50 PM »
the dems dont care what obama or billary are saying .. they are either going to vote for a black man or a white woman .. period.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 07:50:40 PM »
Originally posted by SteveBailey
Obama is charismatic and articulate.

I just don't see any of this in Obama.  When I see this guy I see a very coreographed (sp), mechanical politician.  I just don't get the major appeal of him.  Idiot or not, i'd rather spend the afternoon with dubya, than osama obama, and it has nothing to do with being conservative.  The guy just doesn't seem very human to me at all.

Fox News has actually done one good thing lately.  They were interviewing a group of dems listening in on one of the debates, and there was majority support for Obama.  One of the anchors asks them why they like Obama, and to name one specific thing he has done.  Guess what?  Not a single person could name one accomplishments.  They are voting for a guy because he has a nice personality, or so people say.

ugh.
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 07:53:11 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
the dems dont care what obama or billary are saying .. they are either going to vote for a black man or a white woman .. period.

I been telling people here the same thing. Hitler or Osama is seen as a novelty. The first black guy or first woman as president. People wont care about the issues, they just want them in office as novelty.

Puke.
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women