Author Topic: Tough for "noobs"  (Read 1571 times)

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Tough for "noobs"
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2008, 06:03:58 PM »
Originally posted by CAP1
you mean you DON'T still have trouble? i know i do:rofl :rofl :rofl

Alright, I guess I said that wrong.:D

donkey
2sBlind

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
Tough for "noobs"
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2008, 08:02:18 PM »
Check in training arena at about 9-00 pm tonight (AST) Auckland Standard Time:rolleyes: ) and you will find spatula there.  He may be busy but will let you know when he can help.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 08:05:31 PM by SPKmes »

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Tough for "noobs"
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2008, 08:32:04 PM »
Originally posted by jimsom88
Thanks guys, I'll work on all that and maybe join a squad when I have time to do right by them.

Managed to get a few rounds off b4 getting flamed today lol!

hey jim,
if you talk to a lot of people in the arenas, you might find there's a few squads out there that'll happily take you onboard knowing you're new.......some like it that way, 'cause as they train you, you're learnign to fight as a team....specifically with their team.....

<>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Vipper65

• Copper Member
Tough for "noobs"
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2008, 06:10:40 AM »
Originally posted by CAP1
hey jim,
if you talk to a lot of people in the arenas, you might find there's a few squads out there that'll happily take you onboard knowing you're new.......some like it that way, 'cause as they train you, you're learnign to fight as a team....specifically with their team.....

<>

Yep I found one to take me in.  I've found I don't die near as fast when they are covering my butt.
Viper
"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly."

VF-17 Jolly Rogers, 52ND Fighter Group

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Tough for "noobs"
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2008, 01:40:27 PM »
Just because it takes months to get good at this doesnt mean it takes months to start having fun with it. That starts right away. And the first few times you land kills it'll feel like climbing MT Everest.

So hang in there and be patient. There are plenty of experienced players who will help you along.

And welcome.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline AAkupton

• Zinc Member
Tough for "noobs"
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2008, 06:58:45 AM »
Hey Jim, i've been playing a little over a year now and still learn something new every day.  I spent 2 months reading and just trying stuff out, but when i joined my squad I learned more in 1 day than I had in 2 months. Made great friend as well.  We fly rooks and will always awnser a question if you ask. If you see any players w/ an AA in front of their name just ask and wing up, we're more than happy to help. If you fly bish or nit there are several squads/players that will do the same.  Good luck to ya and just have fun. S!   (P.S. Alt F4 will not help) :aok

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Tough for "noobs"
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2008, 07:53:18 AM »
The fact that after 6 years I STILL am learning new "tricks" speaks much for this game.  I just spent $49.99 for a game on my PC a few weeks ago that I am already kinda "bored" with.  Meh...  Already beat it.

Ya' can't say the same about this game.  Because you are flying against real live people no two battles are usually alike.  Every time you take off you will see something dif.  It never really get's "old".  

Make sure to find a good group of like minded players to surround yourself with (Squad) and you will enjoy this game 10x more.  Half the reason I fly everyday is to fly with my squaddies.

Don't be discouraged by the 'learning curve' and take advantage of the information you've been given in this thread.  You got some reading to do.  Use the Training Arena and one of our fantastic Trainers to help show you the 'basics'.  They are a good bunch and the what they can show you is vital.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
Tough for "noobs"
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2008, 08:09:46 AM »
Originally posted by WMLute
The fact that after 6 years I STILL am learning new "tricks" speaks much for this game.  I just spent $49.99 for a game on my PC a few weeks ago that I am already kinda "bored" with.  Meh...  Already beat it.

Ya' can't say the same about this game.  Because you are flying against real live people no two battles are usually alike.  Every time you take off you will see something dif.  It never really get's "old".  

Make sure to find a good group of like minded players to surround yourself with (Squad) and you will enjoy this game 10x more.  Half the reason I fly everyday is to fly with my squaddies.

Don't be discouraged by the 'learning curve' and take advantage of the information you've been given in this thread.  You got some reading to do.  Use the Training Arena and one of our fantastic Trainers to help show you the 'basics'.  They are a good bunch and the what they can show you is vital.
Though I tried, it can't be said better than this WMLute...

The one thing I like is the number of different planes.  After flying a Spit for a while, I tried the Hog line (F4U).  I died, and died, and died.. then all of a sudden the tables turned.  Now I fly it most all the time, and have a better than a 1-1 KD in it.   Man I like that bird..  When the hog gets too easy, I will try another plane. I have a while before I run out of new rides..
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
Tough for "noobs"
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2008, 10:40:37 AM »
Thanks for all the direction guys,

I might have been better off to spend time reading and practicing offline for a while but I needed to go online and see the game in all it's glory and let me tell you, it's exactly what I was looking for.

Can't wait until I'm able to devote some real time to it.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Tough for "noobs"
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2008, 11:47:02 AM »
hi jim
i squad with jg54. ive only been flying in the game for about 6month. ive been flying solid, every night for about 2 months. i can tell you that i still suck but i have a great time.

the guys i fly with have taught me a thing or 2 and just last night i learned a couple of things, tried them out and managed to find myself behind 2 flaming victims.

it just takes alot of work, time and fun.

i hope i eventually get as good as the guys i fly with. i hope i get as good as the worst guy on the squad because even he is better then me.

anyway, stick with it and it will all be worth while. all this coming to you from someone that, not only has been there, but is there.

one of the guys said you gotta die before you can fly. seems to make sense. practice makes perfect.

anyway, I hope this helps. good luck and have fun

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
Tough for "noobs"
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2008, 04:10:23 PM »
Originally posted by Vipper65
Yep I found one to take me in.  I've found I don't die near as fast when they are covering my butt.

ya that too..........good to have friends to cover your butt....i should know:rofl :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
Tough for "noobs"
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2008, 04:12:26 PM »

Don't be discouraged by the 'learning curve' and take advantage of the information
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
Tough for "noobs"
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2008, 04:13:13 PM »

lute...your first line sums it all up...this is something i mentioned in another thread, that had a person replying that he thought there were times when ya didn't/couldn't learn.....but every single time you go wheels up, you can/will/do learn somehting........

<>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
Tough for "noobs"
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2008, 11:29:02 PM »
Learning curve? It's a learning cliff. Your gonna die, A LOT. Keep at it, it really does become more fun as you start to figure things out.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Tough for "noobs"
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2008, 04:45:16 PM »
Just have a little bit of a thick skin too. Some of these guys blame Global warming, the price of gas, and the loss of the ozone layer on Dweeb noobs in LA7s.

Like they never first started out new in the game?:rolleyes:
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"