Author Topic: Whats next?  (Read 2111 times)

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Whats next?
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2008, 02:50:33 PM »
Yes.

USA - 37
British - 16
German - 22
Italian - 2
Japanese - 8
Russian - 6
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 02:56:16 PM by Larry »
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack
Whats next?
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2008, 02:52:32 PM »
N0000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000K
Zoozoo
Jokers Jokers
zoozoo fighter ace issue one:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240022.0.html

Offline republic

• Silver Member
Whats next?
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2008, 02:54:52 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
The German side has the 2nd largest plane selection in the game, with the British coming in at 3rd.  Care to say again that the German side is under represented in AH?

ack-ack

Replace "plane selection" with "variant" selection and I'll agree.  We have many variants, just like the Brits...but as far as airframes....not so much.  You can have a 109 or a 190 with cheese, without, with mayo or mustard sweet pickels or dill....as long as you want a 109 or a 190. The US has airframes out the whazoo.

There are very fascinating airframes left to be modeled.  Some German, some Japanese, and yes....even a Brit or two.

However as has been stated before, the past dozen or so updates have been done to Allied units, this is the first axis unit to be updated since I joined the game 2 years ago.

However, I am thankful we finally got some love.  :)
P-47 pilot

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Whats next?
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2008, 03:12:47 PM »
The B-25C is great for early/mid war allied setups, but the Germans still don't have a decent early bomber or a late bomber. The Ju88 we have kind of falls in between. Our ju-88 is too late a model for the Battle of Britain (its largest use right now, I bet) and too obsolete for after 1943. It's really got a limited scope of use.

A Ju-88A-5 (earlier model than the -4 believe it or not!) would be nice for BOB, as would He-111s, but also a later bomber would be a nice luxury as well.

The japanese have no army bombers that will work before 1944, either. A Nell and a Betty would be wonderful additions to every CBI, PTO, SEA (South East Asian) setup/scenario.

I'm not predicting, I'm just saying I think it would be nice to get some german or japanese bombers.

Offline Gabriel

• Copper Member
Whats next?
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2008, 04:08:21 PM »
Originally posted by Larry
Yes.

USA - 37
British - 16
German - 22
Italian - 2
Japanese - 8
Russian - 6

Considering that the Soviet Union was second only behind the Americans in total aircraft production between 39-45. The case here is certainly for the addition of more Soviet, or more Italian and Japanese aircraft . Not that you disagree, but compared  to what the Germans already have, there are major variants and types of the other forces that are needed before we add something else with a Luftwaffe cross on it.

Republic -
True. But naturally there is the fact that the vast majority of Luftwaffe fighter production was just that,,, variants of the Bf 109 and Fw 190. The VVS is similar in that the vast majority of Fighter production went into the LaGG/La line of 1/3/5/7, and the Yak 1/9/7/3 - so there are many less "fresh" and unique airframe families to add that were major types. Difference is the Luftwaffe pilots have most of the significant variants already modeled.  The Americans are different. They produced geniunely a wider assortment of fighters, and in significant numbers.

Edit : Of course I don't complain too loudly because the Russian set is getting some focus with the -39 (which is pseudo soviet anyway) and the redone Lavochkas.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 04:11:44 PM by Gabriel »

Offline republic

• Silver Member
Whats next?
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2008, 07:54:22 PM »
I actually voted for the Pe-2 when I was given the chance.  I'd even like to see the Bristol Beaufighter but...there are a loooot of allied craft and all of the last updates have been for allied craft.  In fact, every update since I joined the game has been an allied unit.

Axis need some love, most especially the Japanese.  I would selfishly like a 410 though.  :)  I can't help it...
P-47 pilot

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Whats next?
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2008, 08:11:57 PM »
T! A! 1 5 2! T! A! 1 5 2!

Jeezus, they have 90% of the model (Fw190D9) Just slap some 300ft wings on it!
Thats where my vote goes...

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Whats next?
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2008, 02:44:22 PM »
Originally posted by Larry
Yes.

USA - 37
British - 16
German - 22
Italian - 2
Japanese - 8
Russian - 6

I'm not sure how much these numbers mean. Instead of thinking about just how well the set reflects what was flown, isn't it better to think about what contributes most to the game experience of the most players?

I've always been skeptical of the "American preference" arguments; having tons of German and USSR variants didn't seem to hurt IL2 in the US market, right?

It seems to me that the biggest reason the USA has more airframes represented is simple -- because they entered the war late, and because of their huge industrial base, America came out with a wide variety of LW capable aircraft.Secondarily, HTC's insistence on original documentation is going to favor the victors, whose archives weren't trashed in the war's late stages. Not much more to it than that, IMHO.

So what late war capable fighter has been discriminated against? (Fighters are always going to be more popular than bombers and attack planes.) The Yak9 was here before I started, and I don't know what made HT choose it rather than its successor the Yak3, but otherwise there isn't much of a late war contender amongst the Russkies... Otherwise, look at the hard stats for the Mig3, the Betty, the neglected Italian planes -- and you'll see midwar and special events candidates at best.

It probably IS time to fill in the plane set for those purposes, but arguing that there's been discrimination seems prima facie silly.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 02:55:29 PM by Simaril »
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Whats next?
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2008, 03:24:09 PM »
Originally posted by Simaril
No, the next thing will certainly be the completion of Combat Tour.

But thats in two weeks.  What will they work on after that?
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Whats next?
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2008, 05:41:44 PM »
To assume CT will be perfect and bug free when it's released, while AH2 is 8 years old and still being tweaked is a bit of a stretch. I'm betting they'll continue to work on CT, and I'm guessing they'll update AH2 aircraft as they become useful to varied CT campaigns, assuming they get that far along with it.

But whatever, I give a **** about CT's release at this point. Just keep working on AH2. :aok
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech