Author Topic: Suicide bombers and why  (Read 10619 times)

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
Re: Suicide bombers and why
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2008, 08:35:49 AM »
I'm with Sloehand all the way on this one.

Fights and furballs constantly shift for a variety of reasons. This guy didn't kill your fleet just so he could tick you off. Its this attitude that has virtually eliminated bombers from the game. You wonder why all the newbs lancstuka, its because you drove all the GOOD bomber pilots away.

Hey now Ghosth Thndr and I are exelent bomber pilots thank you very much. :P     I also must say that Sloehands' post was spot on.   The only real problem I could see with what happened was the way the CV was killed, B-17's good, Divebombing in them = BAD...   Never in my what now, 6 or so years of playing AH can I ever recall divebombing a CV with a Lanc, B-17, or B-24..  I tried it once in a flight of JU-88's but only because they are meant to do it..  I have LvL bombed CV's from 20K down to 5k, though at 5K you tend to lose lots of parts as you go over lol. So as far as I can tell there is no excuse for the dive bombing dweebery. :furious
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline bcadoo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2008, 08:42:41 AM »
"The game is about aerial combat and that takes precedence to everything else." - Pyro

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,9645.0.html

ummm.....Battle of Midway anybody???
The fight is the fun........Don't run from the fun!
"Nothin' cuts the taste of clam juice like a big hunk o' chocolate" - Rosie O'Donnell

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2008, 08:44:35 AM »
Not trying to start anything, but posting to a thread titled "Fun Police Strike Again" and complain that others aren't playing the way you want is hardly going to be taken serious.  My thought is to make a business case about how it is actually ruining the game and costing HTC money (or preventing them from making more).  Right now, the discussion is all about 'those guys like to bomb stuff and I like to furball...make them stop so I can do what I (and people like me) like to do.'

Seriously, HTC is a company and like any company they are, bottom line, motivated to stay in business.  They do that by making money.  They do that by creating a game to represent their interest and to make it appeal to the broadest group of customers as possible.  If you demonstrate to them how they are not doing that, then you are more likely to get something to change.  As it is, this comes across as a 'fight between the kids' and will not be given much credibility as such.
BLAMM0 - FACTA, NON VERBA!

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2008, 08:53:02 AM »

ummm.....Battle of Midway anybody???

Did you read the link and do you know who Pyro is? 

Guess not.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2008, 09:06:20 AM »
"The game is about aerial combat and that takes precedence to everything else." - Pyro

That was how it used to be, given all the tweaks I'd say the current quote would fall more along these lines..

The game is all about giving unskilled toolshedders, GVers and the unwashed masses the misconception that they can "comprete with skillz" and there for continue to pay $15 bucks.

Buffs guns are lazer guided, bombing is dumbed down to beyond easy mode and GV's (until the next patch) have superpower vision (and this didnt just happen yesterday). Now in fairness more ack was added etc to attempt to counter the increasing horde mentality. Personally I'd love to see a central "big island" type concept with unporkable/uncapturable bases for the "furballers" and the rest of the map for those who want to "fight the war"...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2008, 09:09:13 AM »
Ya know, we'd been having a good fight for the better part of an hour with a bish CV off of a rook base.  Just the kind of great fighter fest that really grabs you and immerses you in the game.  My squaddies and I were all having an absolute blast as were many of the rook pilots.  Then, the inevitable happens when some dilrod had to come with dive bombing B-17's and sink the cv.  WTF for?  We were all having a good time and not trying to take your gdamn base!  We just wanted a good furball.

********, did it make you feel cool that you ruined a fight that 30 plus people were enjoying?  I bet you were the kid that was never picked for a team at recess and crap like that is your only way of getting attention.  Let me guess, you used to snatch the baseball and run off with it too, right?

Crap like this is why the ack on cv's and bases needs to be super hardcore.  That way one imbecile can not ruin the fun for 30 plus people.

:mad:
This is one I agree with bhodi on, so many lil cowards that get their itsy bitsy tiny lil wocks off ruining 4 furballers fun!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2008, 09:12:05 AM »

So, are we implying that a bombing mission or attacking a CV is not combat?

I believe he was referring to dive bombing in B-17s... personally I call that gamey. If you want to do that type thing fly a jap plane, they sanctioned suicide missions in mass. Bombing a Cv is not such a bad thing. This thread was started by one of the many that were enjoying the fight... the fun that was killed by one individual. While no one signed a contract specifying a type of game play, you'll still catch flak for gamey play. There also is no contract protecting you from gamey players or the flak you'll receive being a gamey player.

There are people with Class in this game and people with no Class. A person just needs to figure out where in that mix he or she wants to settle in.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2008, 09:12:35 AM »
BRING BACK THE FT WITH THE INDESTRUCTABLE FH's, NO TROOPS, AND A 30K HILL AROUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in all seriousness I would love to see that map return.  If only to start hearing all the toolshedders whine about how everyone is wasting their time furballing over FT again.  That one always gets a good laugh outta me.

Come to think about it, its these people so obcessed with winning a map and the base take game that like to ruin furballs.  I guess they think they'll get all those pilots to start helping them horde and jabo undefended bases.  Why pay $15 a month to run from fights?  I'd think you'd be paying to play an air combat game, not a run for 2 sectors to my ack for the proxy kill game.

p.s. sorry this post makes little sense, i've not had my coffee yet
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2008, 09:20:31 AM »
Thats the reason all buff need to be patched make the bombay doors auto-close at any dive angle more than 10 degrees and alt less than 3000ft dive bombing B-17's 24's lanc's are an unrealistic travesty of true ww2 combat sims.

PATCH THE BUFFS!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 09:23:44 AM by smokey23 »

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2008, 09:22:10 AM »
Bring back the old bomb sights.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2008, 09:23:03 AM »
  Humble on the idea that buff guns are lazers..  They are just 50 cals and I can acuratly hit at 1K out in any 50 cal armed plane just a lil harder in a fighter because bombers are very stable where as a fighter will duck and weave a bit if your hand isn't steady.. 50 cal is 50 cal...

On the dumbed down bomb sight I agree and was one of the first to complain on the forum when they changed it.. But again I guess this falls under the HTC bottom line subject. gotta make it real easy for everyone to attract more $ :(
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2008, 09:30:50 AM »
The tired old bomb 'n' bail routine is not aerial combat. As has been stated, defending a CV is one thing, but flying high alt patrols over it, or sitting in the guns for an hour or two is not fun. Had fortress been fighting, had their been a vulch or a bunch of lvts in the water, I might be able to understand this, but none of that was the case. He just showed up, dove his formation of 17s into it, and disappeared. That's just being a PITA.

It's nothing to do with strategic gameplay, or trying to win the war, or anything but simply preventing people from doing what they enjoy. How would those of you who don't enjoy aerial combat feel if a group of us did nothing but make it impossible for you to do what you enjoy? If all we did was pork ord and barracks, drop your BH, etc? My guess is after the initial thrill of having made us play the game the way you want us to, you would eventually get annoyed. If you knew we were doing it solely to prevent you from doing what you enjoy (and make no mistake, that is his only motivation), I seriously doubt you'd be so pleased as you are when we are the targets of such tactics.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline beddog

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2008, 09:31:32 AM »
Where's the Whine police when ya need em?.......... :cry
:disclaimer: 79% of all my posts are Sarcastic.  It's too much work for me to point out which posts are sarcastic and which aren't, so I'm going to use this signature to reduce overhead and sarcastic post identification time consumption or SPITC for short.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2008, 09:39:52 AM »
Bombs and rockets should only be used to PROTECT furballing interests not destroy them. 

$.02
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2008, 09:40:20 AM »
The tired old bomb 'n' bail routine is not aerial combat. As has been stated, defending a CV is one thing, but flying high alt patrols over it, or sitting in the guns for an hour or two is not fun. Had fortress been fighting, had their been a vulch or a bunch of lvts in the water, I might be able to understand this, but none of that was the case. He just showed up, dove his formation of 17s into it, and disappeared. That's just being a PITA.

It's nothing to do with strategic gameplay, or trying to win the war, or anything but simply preventing people from doing what they enjoy. How would those of you who don't enjoy aerial combat feel if a group of us did nothing but make it impossible for you to do what you enjoy? If all we did was pork ord and barracks, drop your BH, etc? My guess is after the initial thrill of having made us play the game the way you want us to, you would eventually get annoyed. If you knew we were doing it solely to prevent you from doing what you enjoy (and make no mistake, that is his only motivation), I seriously doubt you'd be so pleased as you are when we are the targets of such tactics.

I actually really like this idea.  We could form the Lamer Police, a dedicated force of arms with the sole purpose of ruining cv divebombers, horde basetakers, and lame toolshedders fun.  We could be like the A Team, a group of fearless mercenaries fighting the dweebs wherever we find them.

Honestly, knowing the skill level disparity between the two groups we'd probably be pretty dang good at shutting their dweebery down.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace