Author Topic: YOUR best sortie  (Read 1909 times)

Offline SuBWaYCH

• Silver Member
Re: YOUR best sortie
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2008, 02:23:19 PM »
Nice hook Lev.
 :rock

Axis C.O. for Battle of the Dnieper, Winter '43

Air superiority is a condition for all operations, at sea, on land, and in the air. - Air Marshal Arthur Tedder

364th Chawks

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2008, 02:32:18 PM »
Nice hook Lev.
 :rock

agreed... but I couldn't resist! :devil
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2008, 03:00:02 PM »
My best sortie was something like 120 kills in a Spit I, no rearms.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Volcano dive ?

:p

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2008, 03:19:21 PM »
I was only shooting ONE of the 7.7mm's in the wings, as the other was shot out early in the first 3 on 1.  I took off with the small gun package I was using in the DA the night before.  So yeah, I rolled with two 7.7mm's in the wings only, no cowl guns.

You can't take the cowl guns off. The cowl guns are always there. The wing guns go away.

I think maybe you were shooting with one of the cowling guns, the other cowl gun being shot away, and you left the 7mm wing guns in the hangar.

Sill, no easy feat!  :aok

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2008, 05:03:11 PM »
You can't take the cowl guns off. The cowl guns are always there. The wing guns go away.

I think maybe you were shooting with one of the cowling guns, the other cowl gun being shot away, and you left the 7mm wing guns in the hangar.

Sill, no easy feat!  :aok

Ahhh you are correct sir.  I rolled with the two 12.7mm cowl guns.  I had to go load AH to see that I had mentally reversed the guns on that plane.  For YEARS now i've thought they were vs. versa.

Ok, so I won that KOTH with a single .50 cal then.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2008, 05:16:06 PM »
My best was when I was in a D-9 a month ago. Me and my squaddie were flying to a local nit base when we saw a pony flying low. Killed him in the first pass. we get to the base and there was that pony again. He died again in the first pass. wile I killed him a 38 uped, and again I killed him. This went on until my ninth kill, when I ran outa bullets.

That had to be the most fun I had in any airplane.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2008, 05:41:44 PM »
I have a couple that stick out in my mind.

Few tours ago we(the knights) were trying to take back v66 on the baltic map.  I was flying an A20 long story short got a couple of gv kills and hangers are all down.  Down to my last 2 bombs and waiting on the troops the pad hanger pops.  Swoop in drop the last 2 on the hanger hoping to soften it up so someone can kill it.  Guess there was alot of enemy waiting for that hanger...2 bombs got 13 kills.  Computer got all laggy and thought crap I am getting discoed.  Then all the kills started popping up in the text bar.  I was laughing all the way back to base.

On the pizza map faught my way from the base to town to the spawn at an air base in a tiger.  Landed alot of kills and got called a spawn camper.  Truthfully only got a few kills on the spawn before someone took the VH down at thier base.  That sortie was a turning point for in GV's...loved'em before but after that been a tiger dweeb ever since. 
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2008, 05:50:17 PM »
Volcano dive ?

:p

I think we can count on one hand how many people remember that :D
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2008, 06:02:17 PM »
 Last week I landed 11 kills in a n1k while defending against paccer and his knit crew... Couldn't belive what I was doing. Made 3  guys auger while I was scrambling to get back to the base, or get some help.

I skidded onto the taxiway and to a stop, and .efluffied before I could get vulched.

It was one of those white knuckle, adrenaline pumping fights that keeps me hooked!
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2008, 06:06:49 PM »
Latest one was a drop down n dirty fight with a spit flown by 3fingers - initially started (iirc) in the vertical, got him into a turn fight, and ended up right at sea level - lost, but was a fun few minutes - had a few, but for some reason this one stayed in my mind (or that grey area laughingly refered to as such).

<S> 3fingers,

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline ShrkBite

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2008, 10:23:23 PM »
MY best sorties where the long oscar ones. Most of them was with me and RedRusky, we would take Lancs, load them up, Fly to the Corner of map, then fly to the opposite corner. 5 hours of fun and blowing up knits and bishops and lots of yo mama jokes and getting muted from 200 lol <S>

Offline Gowan

• Proation 9/22/2016
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2008, 10:52:49 PM »
this isnt a best sortie per-say but its one of my most memerable shots

i was in a hurri2d the one with the vicker 40mm, i was in a furball, about to fire on someone sniper style, i had my converge set at d650 and the one guy i was aiming at was about that far, sounds perfect eh? it gets better. right before i get ready to fire, a con pulls up straight in front of me, i tweak out and accidentally tap the trigger. the tap fired 1 round from each gun, and both hit him square on each wing, he had been going perfectly vertical, now yawing or tilting, and after i shot him, he kept going up and slowly turning because of the engine torque. it was so funny seeing him going straight up and down that i didnt notice the lala ace pilot

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2008, 11:21:14 PM »
  was a huge GVs battle knits/bish  very close spawn and "boom", but knits killed all of us camping there and the VH spawning , soo i did up a with eggs and  and move at spawn. There were about 15 -20  bored knits in GVs killshooting each other , i dump my bomb smoke 2 of them, and in 1 min i colected 15 more proxis: landed 17 in TBM :D

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2008, 12:07:12 AM »
Couldnt tell you, i have many good ones it be a shame to call 1 out over another, but close to ghi's story i upped an il2 and caught a gv mission rolling all m3s panzers and jeeps after 40mins and about 4 rearms i ended with this...
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline Gowan

• Proation 9/22/2016
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2008, 12:10:53 AM »
75 kills! :O

thats about 3/4's of what i get in an average tour during the school year! (this summer, watch out  :devil)

how perkies did you get, lol

now all i have to say is that would of been even better if the perk bonus was at like say 1.56