Author Topic: battle ships  (Read 3339 times)

Offline C(Sea)Bass

• Silver Member
Re: battle ships
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2008, 06:18:24 PM »
ONLY AFTER WE DOUBLE AA/AAA ON TASK FORCES

Why? the current lazer ack is plenty

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2008, 08:20:09 PM »
Man, the current ack is deadly, I cannot get within cooee of a TG without getting nailed by the ack
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2008, 11:56:58 PM »
I read that the game itself doesn't want to recreate WWII in the forums here in another post. We use historic skins on everything. Why not have pretty much everything (as long as it has been in combat) in the game anyway? I don't mean a trickle of items either. Everything from a transport truck to a battleship should be in this game. To ponder wether or not an item deserves to be modeled is really old. It limits the creativity of the people playing in a sense. Put it in the game and use it on eachother. the time spent on deciding what should be added to the game would be  Better spent on tweaking. If it fired a shot in anger in rl then it should be here. Stop making weaker variants of things that end up sitting in the hanger anyway. Make the best variants of the weapons from the start and fill in the gaps later on to support the eny thingy. Don't like how someting takes you out, then change your tactics if you're fighting a fair fight. Just my logic is all. Yes to the BB as well. Two weeks? Lol. 
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2008, 01:24:49 AM »
The problem is not whether or not everything should be added. I'm sure HTC would love to see every aircraft that saw service in the game, just like the rest of us.

The problem is, that that is an unrealistic goal. The harsh reality of things is that the game is created & run by a company with a staff of what... 7 people? And, beleive it or not, aircraft take time to model, especially when you consider the tiny staff of HTC, compared to a larger company like EA or something. So it's not so much what aircraft should be modeled- as they will hopefully all be in game 200-300 years from now- but, in what order they should be added, from most important to least.

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2008, 12:47:32 PM »
I do realize it takes time to make things for the game. Look at CT.  Been in development for a while. When it comes out they should all go on a trip to lake tahoe or something for a couple of weeks and celebrate. What I'd  like to see is 5 aircraft, 5 gv, and 5 ships. Dumped into the toybox all at once with each update. The items should be the best variants of its kind if this applies. The next patch should be the weaker varia nts if possible. This way when eny hits the weaker items are available to still use. Iam not saying they need to model everything in existance all at once. That would have been the way to go during the initial creation of the game. Don't get me wrong, I like getting vehicles in the game. I see the new planes and work put into the game. I feel it takes so much talk and banter and time to see the end result of a few vehicles at a time is all. I do believe this company is far better at listening and answering questions than ea and novalogic though. Without that interaction this game would fall into the "been there done that"pile of games that most of us probably have. >
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2008, 05:40:59 PM »
The items should be the best variants of its kind if this applies.
Whats the point in that? Beside the fact that we pretty much have the best variants of all the aircraft that flew in World War II, NOTHING will be used as much as 'teh uber leet' spitfires, Lalas, and nikis. Even if it is, it just renders another obsolete. So, it doesnt do anything for gameplay. What we NEED are aircraft that were used in large numbers-  He111's, Yak's, Ju52's, etc.- that add to the most entertaining part of gameplay, historical scenarios- since nothing will add to the MA's. Beside the Wirbelwind :aok

What I'd  like to see is 5 aircraft, 5 gv, and 5 ships.
You want to wait two years between updates? Seriously, this is the biggest update we've had for a long time, and even then we came far short of that goal.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 05:43:08 PM by Motherland »

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2008, 06:21:08 PM »
I believe that once CT is complete they would have more time to do some building no? The idea of having the different variants of planes and such would help out the eny. If eny is kicking in it could allow you to up a variant of lesser performance is what I was getting at. I said I know making   equipment for the game  takes time. they might have the time after CT comes out. It seems like they are at the testing phase now. I also would like to see he111 planes as well. I just don't want that 1 plane in a patch. Give us a few toys at a time to play with is all. Is my post hard to understand? Iam using a cell phone to read and type since I can't use the pc while on duty .  
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2008, 06:26:40 PM »
It seems like they are at the testing phase now.  
>
They've been in the testing phase for at least two years  :aok

BTW, your posts are fine to read.

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2008, 06:36:52 PM »
Oh good got worried after seeing it disected. I agree completly about having things that were used a lot in wwii. Just want to see more than a plane a ground vehicle at a time in this trickle of things. The idea of a battleship is really good. I don't think it should be so simple to sink a ship. I have done damage control on ships. It would surprise a lot of people how hard it really is to get a ship to sink even after suffering a lot of damage. We might just want some bigger maps to provide some room for the clash when groups start hunting eachother on the water with them. >
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2008, 08:42:25 PM »
Anyone else here get the full implication of the training missions in the offline practice mode?
These are testing out the system by which CT will work. Notice the briefing room where you start, and the instructions from the flight lead?
I reckon CT is well and truly in the mix and may be here sooner than you think :D
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2008, 09:42:30 PM »
That's why iam thinking the testing phase is here. They gave us a taste of what's coming.
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070