Author Topic: Your Position - Tibet vs. China  (Read 915 times)

storch

Re: Your Position - Tibet vs. China
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 12:36:05 AM »
three gorges dam, let taiwan do it though.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 03:16:05 AM »
Tibet: 0
China: 22

Offline SIG220

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 04:22:27 AM »
i don't care, its china problem

What about China's support of Sudan, and the acts of genocide that Sudan has committed in Darfur?   China has repeatedly blocked the UN Security Council from taking significant action in Darfur.

And what about all of the sophisticated military weapons that China has been selling to Iran?   These include hi-tech long range anti-ship missiles, that could cut off all shipping from the Persian Gulf.   China has also blocked tougher UN Sanctions regarding Iran's nuclear program.

Do you think that the world will be safer with a nuclear Iran???

_____________________________ ___________

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2008, 04:26:00 AM »
Is there really any other postition to be had than to root for Tibet?

Offline SIG220

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2008, 04:28:16 AM »
It's their own "Internal Problem".  They need to figure it out.

Tibet is no more a part of China, as the various Baltic States ( Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, and Belarus ) were ever a part of Russia.

All of them were simply gobbled up by Communistic expansion.

It is thus not an "internal" problem.   The closest comparison here would be the Soviet Union's 1956 military crackdown in Hungary.

_____________________________ _________________

Offline SIG220

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 04:33:25 AM »

three gorges dam, let taiwan do it though.

Perhaps the RAF could bring some Lancasters out of retirement, and loan them to the Taiwanese???

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2008, 07:42:24 AM »
Lets face it, there is not one political leader with the balls to face China down about anything. They've got too much dirty laundry tied up in that country to go there.
What China is doing to Tibet would get any other nation in the world an instant reaction of some kind, be it economic or military.
China can do whatever the hell it likes because it is the 3000lb gorilla and there is nothing anyone can do to stop them.
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

storch

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2008, 08:02:30 AM »
or we keep sneaking over TMDs one part at a time in trade for pens and such

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2008, 08:11:54 AM »
china has to be evil..  they sell stuff to walmart and richard gere hates em soooo...

course.. I shop at walmart and pretty much don't like gere so I don't really care.   Things may all come crashing in on our heads as airhead says but in the meantime..  I am gonna enjoy the nice weather and cheap stuff.

lazs

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2008, 10:02:31 AM »
I don't give 2 toejams about tibet or the Dalilama.

Besides if china wasn't in Tibet, what would trendy libs and hollywierdos have to protest/whine about.  :rofl

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2008, 10:10:21 AM »
What about China's support of Sudan, and the acts of genocide that Sudan has committed in Darfur?   China has repeatedly blocked the UN Security Council from taking significant action in Darfur.

And what about all of the sophisticated military weapons that China has been selling to Iran?   These include hi-tech long range anti-ship missiles, that could cut off all shipping from the Persian Gulf.   China has also blocked tougher UN Sanctions regarding Iran's nuclear program.

Do you think that the world will be safer with a nuclear Iran???

_____________________________ ___________

You're missing the point here Sig... It's not his problem because his problem right now is tackling the devious, often deceptive rules of English grammar. He'll get back to you once he masters the correct application of the possessive.

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2008, 10:13:04 AM »
Is there really any other postition to be had than to root for Tibet?

This is quite true.

Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2008, 01:13:15 PM »
It's not like we have much leverage anymore given our economic entanglements. I doubt threre would be much we would do if Taiwan became an issue.

Toad had the right idea a few years back on Taiwan, if I remember correctly, about just giving them a few nukes and not worrying about it anymore. Apparently we partially went that route by accident :) That would really piss PRC off but, given the economics, what would they really do about it?

Charon

Offline Rollins

• Silver Member
      • 4thFG
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2008, 02:42:42 PM »
i don't care, its china problem

Maybe it's just me, but considering the nature of the thread- if you read your post out loud exactly how it's written and with the right inflection, it makes me laugh my arse off.
http://www.flamewarriors.net    Here kitty kitty...

Offline SIG220

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2008, 02:52:29 PM »
china has to be evil..  they sell stuff to walmart and richard gere hates em soooo...

course.. I shop at walmart and pretty much don't like gere so I don't really care.   Things may all come crashing in on our heads as airhead says but in the meantime..  I am gonna enjoy the nice weather and cheap stuff.

lazs

A lot of products from China are cheap crap, though.  Although it is becoming more and more difficult to not buy products from China, I am trying my best to avoid them when there is a feasible alternative.   And many times you can buy a better product from another country for almost as low a price.

I am surprised that you are so much in favor of supporting a totalitarian dictatorship that is so opposite from the United States in its laws and governmental values.  Foundations of American democracy such as freedom of the press, freedom of religion, freedom to own arms, and freedom of speech simply don't exist in China.

If you lived in China, you would most definitely be living in a forced labor camp prison.

_____________________________ _____