Author Topic: I am dissapointed  (Read 5372 times)

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
I am dissapointed
« on: April 05, 2008, 02:00:08 PM »
In the direction of the AvA. I can no longer switch sides when need be to even numbers. Fix this please.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: I am dissapointed
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 02:09:28 PM »
There have been problems with players who switch sides to sabotage, so I doubt your complaint can be assuaged.  Also, I think we're expected to pick a side and stick with it, at least for a whole tour.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 03:37:51 PM »
In the direction of the AvA. I can no longer switch sides when need be to even numbers. Fix this please.
You pick a side and stay there.  This is not the MA.  That's why the 24 hour swap out was put in place.
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 07:31:17 PM »
I dont need anyone to remind me its not the MA. It might as well be with the hordes flying around.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 07:39:19 PM »
AvA IS the MA just with a limited planeset.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 09:18:03 AM »
AvA IS the MA just with a limited planeset.

...and more troops to take a field.  Otherwise, that's about right. :noid
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

storch

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 09:59:49 AM »
no jam, it is a lot different from the MA.  it's a war there are two sides, each side picks a captian and then there are objectives that must be accomplished to determine who the winner is.  since I have not played on the allied side I can only comment on what the axis objectives are and then speculate on the allied objectives.

the axis objectives have typically been assigned strategic targets the must be destroyed and bases which must be captured and held. 

the allied ojectives seem to be that they must stay in the ack and not die, if they lose a certain number of players then they lose the war.  they have attempted to not die with a blazing red passion but alas they have not been successful.

in the MAs people come up to fight much more than the ackllied players because they are not under contractual obligation to remain in the ack.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 11:53:29 AM »

(text almost pretending to be about defending the AvA, at first, but then it degrades to blinderbeechin' for attention it seems, as usual)

Doesn't matter where you whine, I've seen you do it all the time, done elegantly and so sublime ... well maybe not but you type just fine. Keep it where you live, sir. And don't bring it back with you when you return. :)

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 12:10:07 PM »
Doesn't matter where you whine, I've seen you do it all the time, done elegantly and so sublime ... well maybe not but you type just fine. Keep it where you live, sir. And don't bring it back with you when you return. :)

please do not feed the troll
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 06:44:26 PM »
please do not feed the troll
Not even to give him a biscuit?
 :rofl :rofl
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 11:43:46 PM »

just cant let someone else get in a opinion other then his own. its too bad we can sew his mouth shut. then we could watch his head pop like a zit!!

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2008, 12:12:11 AM »
just cant let someone else get in a opinion other then his own. its too bad we can sew his mouth shut. then we could watch his head pop like a zit!!

what?

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 03:35:32 AM »
(And now back to the issue, after that short commercial break).  Jam, I appreciate your comment.  You think that sides are lopsided and that interferes with the quality of play.  There is quite a bit different about today's AvA from a couple of month's ago.  Maybe a sticky or two for this topic on how players are expected to play in this arena would be helpful.

Now, the upside of the new setup is that the numbers are at least playable during prime time.  So, even if your side is outnumbered, you can still add your contribution.  I just wouldn't up too often from a vulched field without some good support from fellow countrymen.  It gets real ugly real fast.  And BTW, if you can wade through the sometimes unsporting conduct that you may run into, you probably will eventually find one of the many opponents who feel the same as you do and obtain what I expect you entered the arena to find (good ole fashion dogfights).

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2008, 03:40:01 AM »
Maybe a sticky or two for this topic on how players are expected to play in this arena would be helpful.

Ill save you the trouble.

"Ill do what I want, its my $15"

Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Vipper65

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2008, 07:59:31 AM »

Ill save you the trouble.

"Ill do what I want, its my $15"

Now theres a team player!   :aok