Author Topic: Shoot the chutes  (Read 3238 times)

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
Re: Shoot the chutes
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2008, 09:07:05 AM »
I don't need no stinking prisioners

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2008, 09:35:12 AM »
All's fair in Love and War. sometimes i shoot chutes, sometimes i dont. just depends on how I feel at the time. my 2 cents

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2008, 11:53:25 AM »
I never used to shoot chutes. I shoot them all now simply because once they bail they have the option to tower out. If they don't tower out immediately I assume they are staying in their chute because they either want to stay and give check 6's or....they want to be shot in their chute.  :D

I bail all the time from crippled fighters, then I tower out so I can up faster for revenge.  :rock
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2008, 04:45:00 PM »
Uh, if you fly in fighter mode, and come upon the need to gun some ack/buildings, or shoot a troop transport, or go ona PT boad turkey hunt, you won't get any credit for it in fighter mode. So every sortie should instead be flown as "attack".
Uh, you realize you proved my point to a "T" right?   

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2008, 04:49:29 PM »
I fly fighters to protect my attack score.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2008, 05:04:02 PM »
Hey, if you're gonna fly into ack, GV fire, and gawd-knows-what else, to shoot something on the ground, it might as well at least show. :D

Me, I've gone to flying all my sorties, no matter what I'm doing, as "attack", because I sort of got caught the notion that I always have bad luck/screw up when flying them as "fighter". I understand this is completely irrational superstition, but man does not live by rationality alone. This does not make for a great fighter score, but no one cares about anyone's score anyway.

Offline SmithyUK

• Zinc Member
« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2008, 02:21:54 PM »
The only time I shoot troops is either whe, like most people said, the chute is near an enemy maproom. OR if the chute comes from a base attacker and is obviously telling his country what is upping and how to divert to avoid the defending fighters.

Other then that I ive them a little airshow/

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2008, 12:13:29 AM »
I don't understand why people ride there planes all the way to the ground, when your plane is missing a wing and falling to the ground bail and tower out to give credit to the guy that killed you.  I always bail after my plane is no longer flyable, not because I care about my score, but as a sign of respect to the guy that killed me, to make sure he gets the credit for killing me, instead of riding my plane down from 10k, I'll bail out but won't open my chute, I just tower out.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Spazzter

• Copper Member
« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2008, 08:45:56 AM »
Uh, if you fly in fighter mode, and come upon the need to gun some ack/buildings, or shoot a troop transport, or go ona PT boad turkey hunt, you won't get any credit for it in fighter mode. So every sortie should instead be flown as "attack".

Bnz,

I am strictly talking about K/D ratio not whether or not I receive points for shooting buildings.  I measure the success of my flying by K/D ratio and kills per sortie and work to get the highest number possible in those categories.  Everything else is irrelevant.  I don't care if I drop bombs on a town and receive points, if I did then I would care about my rank, which I don't.  By flying all my sorties in fighter mode I get an accurate measure of K/D and Kills per sortie.  I could do the same if I flew everythig in attack mode also.  My point is that a lot of people fly limited sorties in fighter mode and vulch to get a high K/D so they can have a high ranking.  My argument is that if you want to really measure your skill fly all sorties in fighter mode and see how you do then when everything counts against you.  Hope that explained my thought clearly, if not I apologize.

<S>
Spazz

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2008, 10:47:33 AM »
One thing though, if your flying in fighter mode and say you kill a gv, you don't get any credit for it, you don't even get it added to your kills, the only way to have gv kills added to you k/d ratio is to do it in attack mode.  Say I know that I'm upping a heavy fighter to kill a gv, you need to score it in attack mode for it to be added to your k/d ratio, otherwise it's like the kill never happened.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2008, 10:50:52 AM »
I'm still trying to get a kill with that 45 pistol.  People always shoot me in my chute when i've bailed near a field  :(
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2008, 11:05:27 AM »
I'm still trying to get a kill with that 45 pistol.  People always shoot me in my chute when i've bailed near a field  :(
Hold off on opening your chute until your only 1k off the deck, gives them less time to shot you.

Offline NOT

• Nickel Member
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2008, 11:10:24 AM »
to make sure he gets the credit for killing me

unless he dies before you hit the ground, he will get credit for the kill. if he dies before you hit the ground, he doen't deserve to get the kill.

NOT

AKNOT

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2008, 11:16:24 AM »
unless he dies before you hit the ground, he will get credit for the kill. if he dies before you hit the ground, he doen't deserve to get the kill.

NOT
Yeah, but I just feel like it's a show of respect to bail out after your plane is no longer flyable to give the guy that killed you the credit, plus whats the point of riding my plane all the way to the ground, I mean I will if I'm only a couple K off the deck, but above that I'll bail and tower out.

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2008, 12:19:52 PM »
You're kinda slow aren't you?
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High