Author Topic: Shoot the chutes  (Read 3206 times)

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Re: Shoot the chutes
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2008, 12:30:37 PM »
I always kill chutes (unless it is a scenario), anyone that pulls a chute in the MA is interested in their score only.

I may make an exception if they gave me a good fight, but those that do never bail out anyway.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline flubby

• Zinc Member
      • http://joomla.hp-parrots.de/joomla/
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2008, 01:10:44 PM »
I always kill chutes (unless it is a scenario), anyone that pulls a chute in the MA is interested in their score only.

I may make an exception if they gave me a good fight, but those that do never bail out anyway.

I wonder ithat it is libelous to look for the score. If you shoot the plane down, you get the kill, so you got what you deserved to get. Why you donīt begrudge him his virtual live? Is it wrong to bail? Is this quake or Aces High?

Regards

Flubby

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2008, 01:16:25 PM »
Shooting chutes gives me a woody.

Someone going ballistic on channel 200 results in me having to clean my monitor.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2008, 01:23:52 PM »
I wonder ithat it is libelous to look for the score. If you shoot the plane down, you get the kill, so you got what you deserved to get. Why you donīt begrudge him his virtual live? Is it wrong to bail? Is this quake or Aces High?

Regards

Flubby

Because Flubby.  If you admit that you even LOOK at your score, you're not cool.

In order to be one of the cool guys, you have to not care about your score AND look down your nose at those who do.

It's all about being uber-cool man.
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2008, 01:41:41 PM »
I just want that when I shoot a chute it causes the pilot to fall helplessly to the ground killing him on impact lmao. Not for it to blow up.
Ingame ID: Cajon

"SlapShot
There is no shame in putting up a good fight and dieing."
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2008, 02:03:46 PM »

Regards

Flubby

You still seem to fail to note that a bailed pilot isn't neccesarily out of the fight...

It's not wrong to bail. Have fun floating down and have a nice view. But if you bail over your town we are attacking, I give you 5 seconds to hit .ef. I don't wanna hear "WTF? troops didn't take!?!?" because I allowed you to use your .45.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 02:16:34 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2008, 02:11:23 PM »
this isnbt rea life actual dying you know, just a computer game
Zoozoo
Jokers Jokers
zoozoo fighter ace issue one:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240022.0.html

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2008, 02:17:39 PM »
You still seem to fail to note that a bailed pilot isn't neccesarily out of the fight...

For the most part it is.

The rare exceptions are when it's close enough to a field that it can walk to it, or if it's using its own icon to stand next to enemy GVs (this is lame, but I've seen it) for targetting.

Both of these take forever. On "foot" you probably travel across a map tile in about 30 minutes.

As for check6s? So what. If he's not, anybody else is. You can't get angry when your target realizes you're there. No difference from him getting a tingle with his spidey-sense and looking behind himself, or getting a c6 from somebody flying nearby but not in his fight, or from a chute floating down. That's a non-issue.

Once in the chute, they are pretty much out of the fight unless they land RIGHT on top of another fight.

EDIT: For the record I don't shoot much, but when I do I don't have any qualms about it. More a habit than anything, no real moral outrage. I find it funny that folks are in such a furor over chutes today. They're basically a nonentity. The chute is out of the fight 99.9999% of the time. I bet that's about the same chance of a stricken plane shooting you with its cannons as it floats down tailless.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 02:21:22 PM by Krusty »

Offline flubby

• Zinc Member
      • http://joomla.hp-parrots.de/joomla/
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2008, 02:59:19 PM »

It's not wrong to bail. Have fun floating down and have a nice view. But if you bail over your town we are attacking, I give you 5 seconds to hit .ef. I don't wanna hear "WTF? troops didn't take!?!?" because I allowed you to use your .45.

I never shoot unarmed enemys except transport planes ;)

Cu

Flu

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2008, 03:42:00 PM »
If it has a red icon, it's getting shot at. :aok
See Rule #4

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2008, 04:14:13 PM »
I just want that when I shoot a chute it causes the pilot to fall helplessly to the ground killing him on impact lmao. Not for it to blow up.

Personally, I'd love to be able to fly into a meatball dangling at the end of the chute with my props and watch the meatball get grinded into ground meat.  The whines on Channel 200 would be epic.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2008, 04:34:46 PM »
anyone else seeing the comments some of those guys are saying. Its pretty bad. Calling the P-51 pilot a "war criminal".
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2008, 04:48:40 PM »
I never shoot unarmed enemys except transport planes ;)

Cu

Flu
I take it you've never been sent to the tower by a person shooting the .45 into cockpits?   I haven't, but have witnessed it on MANY occasions.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2008, 04:56:17 PM »
as one of my favorite topics, I couldn't stand the chance just to post.  Pretty much got it all covered there.  It's hard to imagine this topic gets some people so so mad.  Not sure why people feel that shooting up a virtual plane is not as bad as shooting up a virtual pilot.  Heck, we shoot those drunks left and right and they are not even armed...and also they are virtual to.  And if one more person tells me that I am not an armed combatant when in a chute they are making a serious mistake...I carry the 45 for a reason!  btw, no one is really getting hurt, you should take it for what it is....video game fun.  I'm putting my money on the meat bomb next time, I know it's a long shot, but the payout is great.
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline JagdTankker

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2008, 05:48:28 PM »
although it is a rare accurance, shooting the plane that is trying to shoot you in the chute with the .45 is preety cool.
<<---chasing the flock of Seagulls-aka JG/11