Author Topic: AHF - AVI  (Read 362 times)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
AHF - AVI
« on: April 14, 2008, 09:29:44 PM »
Try as I may I cannot get this happening. I know that somebody out there has the answer is it you. I open to save as AVI go through the steps and have used all options available but keep getting an error message that states something along the lines of the files format is old (not at P.C that this is on at the moment). Vague ...yes it is but, somebody may be able to understand me.

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
Re: AHF - AVI
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 11:20:06 PM »
Well it is somewhat of a 'strange' procedure.  There's two ways you can do it.  Easiest is to download fraps, even if it's the trial version, and then just open Fraps, play the AH film in full screen, and capture it with fraps. 

Or, you can use the built in converter, which for me, can be a bit of a hassle.  Open the film, click "Save as AVI."  Check the size and fps that you want, and hit "Ok."  I go Microsoft Video 1 at full compression, as that's what I've been told to do.  Click ok.  Then, this is where it gets old.  Mine gets all weird, as in a little box appears as if it tries to play through it, but it just freezes in the tower.  By chance, I found that if I then navigate back and select the film again, it then runs through it and converts it to an .avi format.  Hopefully it works easier for you. :aok

donkey
2sBlind

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
Re: AHF - AVI
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 12:59:37 AM »
cheers man, sounds exactly like what I get....so fraps it is.