Author Topic: HA Day (suggestion)  (Read 701 times)

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
HA Day (suggestion)
« on: February 11, 2001, 11:43:00 PM »
OK, there have been alot of cries for an HA.  As a test, why not run 1 day (sunday for example) a week in the special events arena.
Not just a few hours, set it from noon to midnight or something like.  Setup a poll for terrain choice each week, which will also affect planeset (yeah pac set kinda weak atm)
Some concessions may have to be made for gameplay sake, due to the imbalance of the planeset (no lanc's perhaps) but hey just run it and see if the people come..

SKurj

Offline gospel

• Zinc Member
      • http://http://www.ropescourse.org/flying.htm
HA Day (suggestion)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2001, 12:08:00 AM »
Excellent idea Skurj, I'm all for it!

gospel
332nd flying mongrels

TheWobble

HA Day (suggestion)
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2001, 12:23:00 AM »
I agree, but what about folks that only have sunday to play...and dont want to fly HA?

I totally agree with you however, im just looking at the other side of the idea.

got my vote though.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
HA Day (suggestion)
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2001, 12:52:00 AM »
Aye.. got my vote. Wot say HTC tho; that's da vote that counts.

Wobble.. you schmoe; jaysusss H in surfer shorts... what about the guys that can't fly saturday??.. yah marroon.. so we swap days each week or something. Cripes can't a guy have a greaty idea in peace?? LOL

I figure a CM will have to be around; maybe they could do it in shifts?

Lotta work for them.. (The CM's) I could do something like this on weeknights (help), but can't schedule weekends...  

Whatta we gotta do to make this work and will HTC go for it?

------------------
Hang
1st/AG "Bishlanders"  << Recruiting!!
"Turn to kill, not to engage."
Commander 'Willie' Driscoll, USNR
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
HA Day (suggestion)
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2001, 07:07:00 AM »
Well a setup such as this would take a half our or so to setup. I don't really think you'd need a CM to suppervise the whole time.

Ussually once things are set & saved, test radar & icon modes they are genearlly pretty stable.

On the other hand I know daddog is looking at an expanded Snapshot & check 6 schedule.

TheWobble

HA Day (suggestion)
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2001, 07:35:00 AM »
Wobble.. you schmoe; jaysusss H in surfer shorts... what about the guys that can't fly saturday??.. yah marroon.. so we swap days each week or something. Cripes can't a guy have a greaty idea in peace?? LOL

I assume you are drunk.

Offline danish

• Nickel Member
HA Day (suggestion)
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2001, 08:41:00 AM »
Looking forward to it.We just have to be sure to announce it loud and clear - all sunday or saturday or whatever.This first go will be a trial anyway.

danish

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
HA Day (suggestion)
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2001, 10:02:00 AM »
Well, I would worry about getting someone (a group) in there for more than an hour, before I started worrying about a whole day or more.

And remember, HTC has specifically instructed the CM's at this point to not setup the SEA as a historical arena at this time.

We do however as GhostH mentioned have an event called "Check Six" that is formated very similarly to what you are asking for. So I would hope that all the people asking for a HA would support this event by showing up and participating.

----------------
Vermillion
Senior CM, Aces High Scenario Corps

Offline danish

• Nickel Member
HA Day (suggestion)
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2001, 04:37:00 PM »
"HTC has specifically instructed the CM's at this point to not setup the SEA as a historical arena at this time."

Aha.

danish