Author Topic: Only Newt Gingrich can beat Obama..and he's not running.  (Read 610 times)

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
Re: Only Newt Gingrich can beat Obama..and he's not running.
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2008, 11:02:17 PM »
 Theres too much dirt on Newt. He was having an affair while he was goin after Bill. Among other things.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2008, 11:17:07 PM »
I was diappointed to see her leave, I thought she had more fight left in her.  The last several primaries started to show Obama has a glass chin, he can't handle the big questions without the prompter and nevermind his "experience".  While she didnt have a lot to draw on either, at least she HAD a Senate career to point to and have things to show for it.  Obama hasnt.

Newt, as said, has lots of good ideas but his personal life is chuck full of skeletons.  I commend him for the Contract with America.  We really need something like that now, because Pelosi and Reid are just using Parlimentary procedures to block any and all debate on important issues.

McCain isnt my favorite person but when compared to Mr Obama, I really think Obama is going to have a really big thrashing come the fall.

The Veep process should be interesting.

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2008, 12:37:09 AM »
Well let's hope that what they say about the presidency is true - they have no 'real' power anymore. 
Although I know a bit about the system and must say - that final 'veto' power is pretty strong even if it means poll numbers dropping and popularity amongst lawmakers dropping.

I just hope that if the unwashed masses decide to elect him, they will send him a map of the United States so he can figure out how many states are in the union and where North Dakota is located.  (PSsssst, it's not on the east coast as you said Obama)

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2008, 12:13:04 PM »
i wonder how many of the 57 states obama will carry?