Author Topic: So I got me a 2001 Mustang  (Read 3252 times)

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Re: So I got me a 2001 Mustang
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2008, 08:31:14 PM »
a FWD Probe outrunning RWD vettes, camero???  That's too much :cry :rofl

----------------------------

Ford probe has advanced suspension.  Just give it decent tires and it should keep up with the C5 vette on skid pad.

You could make a Ford Probe perform like a GT-R...but in the end all you are left with is a Ford Probe.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2008, 08:38:04 PM »
a FWD Probe outrunning RWD vettes, camero???  That's too much :cry :rofl

----------------------------

Outrun what vette?  Not mine and it's an  old clunky C4

Ford probe has advanced suspension.  Just give it decent tires and it should keep up with the C5 vette on skid pad.

Uhhh no.  Do you think the c5 doesn't have "advanced suspension"?

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2008, 08:40:47 PM »
Driving a V6 Mustang scares the **** out of you or driving in general scares the **** out of you?  When I was 15 all I would think about was getting drive.  Hell, I had about 80 hours behind the wheel...before I got my license!

Sitting in the front seat in 2 wrecks scares the **** right out of you.  :noid  :noid

Especailly when you are really tired and you look up and all you have time to say is "ohhh ****...."  :noid
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2008, 08:42:41 PM »
Probe + Mazda engineering is another proof that you can make a fast car without resorting to high hp/torque.

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2008, 08:50:28 PM »
Probe + Mazda engineering is another proof that you can make a fast car without resorting to high hp/torque.

Ford probe GT 1/4  in 15.5.  No offense but that's just not fast.  If you are going to troll, you are gonna have to work harder.

source:   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0NFnpYsCPI

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/0-60_Quarter_Mile_Times/F_0-60times.html
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 08:53:35 PM by SteveBailey »

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2008, 08:53:46 PM »
I think he means in a road race.  You can just about any car fast with proper engineering.  You can make them faster without a lot of expensive engineer with good old shade tree know how. 
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2008, 08:56:43 PM »
I think he means in a road race.  You can just about any car fast with proper engineering.  You can make them faster without a lot of expensive engineer with good old shade tree know how. 

My uncle used to race Mustangs. He had a version with a 421 HP engine, and then he worked it over to add some more HP and raced a GTO with a 485 HP engine and beat him easily.  :noid

Dont know what he did with the old Mustang though.
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2008, 09:00:36 PM »

Any car can be modded to go fast, there's no point in discussing that.... that's a matter of money and nothing else. 

And I'd like to see how you make a car go fast without horsepower/TQ. Gearing and power to weight ratio and perhaps drag are about all you can tinker with so, other than dropping it out of a plane, how do oyu make a car go fast "without resorting to high hp/torque"?

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2008, 09:04:11 PM »
Any car can be modded to go fast, there's no point in discussing that.... that's a matter of money and nothing else. 

And I'd like to see how you make a car go fast without horsepower/TQ. Gearing and power to weight ratio and perhaps drag are about all you can tinker with so, other than dropping it out of a plane, how do oyu make a car go fast "without resorting to high hp/torque"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULXgAA1oypE

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2008, 09:04:19 PM »

I think that's what I just said.

My question to MG is if the Probe didn't have Japanese engineering input but was strictly American/Ford engineer, would he still be so vocal about the Probe?  I think not.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2008, 09:21:02 PM »
I think that's what I just said.

My question to MG is if the Probe didn't have Japanese engineering input but was strictly American/Ford engineer, would he still be so vocal about the Probe?  I think not.

Translation....fan boi  :aok
See Rule #4

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2008, 09:33:31 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULXgAA1oypE

Well I watched the video and saw a high HP car win the race. I couldn't find a Ford Probe in that race anywhere.
Was there a point to your post?

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2008, 09:39:53 PM »
Well I watched the video and saw a high HP car win the race. I couldn't find a Ford Probe in that race anywhere.
Was there a point to your post?

1st place barely won.

See the 2nd car.  It only has 280 hp and it can keep up with the 420 one.

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2008, 09:47:16 PM »
Probe GT only got my attention because it shared suspension component with Mazda MX6.  It was domestic's true contender against Celica, Integra, Prelude, Eclipse (FWD sport coupes)

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2008, 09:53:23 PM »
Probe GT only got my attention because it shared suspension component with Mazda MX6.  It was domestic's true contender against Celica, Integra, Prelude, Eclipse (FWD sport coupes)

quite right.  I agree fully.(not that I'm an expert on those cars beyond stats)