Author Topic: the niki pilot does not handle g's very well  (Read 1725 times)

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: the niki pilot does not handle g's very well
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2008, 06:27:07 AM »
thanks for posting this. i did the right thing by bailing out.

No you didn't, blackouts only last a second or two, then your back in the fight. In the case of you over shooting the 109, unless he KNEW you were blacked out and turned back into you hard enough to black him self out, you still would have been in good shape to continue the fight. The speed you where going while causing you to black out, would have given you separation even while being blacked out.

Offline valdals

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2008, 07:41:13 AM »
No you didn't, blackouts only last a second or two, then your back in the fight. In the case of you over shooting the 109, unless he KNEW you were blacked out and turned back into you hard enough to black him self out, you still would have been in good shape to continue the fight. The speed you where going while causing you to black out, would have given you separation even while being blacked out.
ive blacked out from experience before and reveived after 6 seconds. my pilot was out cold and not going to wake up so i bailed

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2008, 09:29:06 AM »
Film?

No Film = didn't happen.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Urthona

• Zinc Member
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2008, 11:35:32 AM »
Probably a question for HTC, but I'm wondering why it should even be possible to bail while in a black out.  It seems like a rather complex maneuver to perform while out cold.  If you can't even move your throttle I don't see how you could open a canopy.
Earthdog
332nd Flying Mongrels

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2008, 07:34:15 PM »
ive blacked out from experience before and reveived after 6 seconds. my pilot was out cold and not going to wake up so i bailed

they ALWAYS wake up, trust me. Only time a passed out pilot won't wake up is if the pilot is wounded and he has passed out 7-8 times while you run for home. The last time he passes out he die from blood lose and you end up in the tower.

If you pass out due to G forces he'll always wake back up.

Offline Newman5

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2008, 09:01:53 PM »
not true a ditch is a death.

Valdals, you say a ditch is a death and then say the following:

thanks for posting this. i did the right thing by bailing out.

If you will look at the calculation, Kills per Death = TotalKills / ((Discos * 0.5) + Bails + Captures + Deaths + 1)you'll notice that in the denominator, the word "ditch" does not appear.  Then how can a ditch be a death?
"Hello, Newman."

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2008, 09:18:00 PM »
actually, you did the wrong thing.  you bailed out of a perfectly good aircraft, gave up, and the guy who was near you got the kill anyway.  The only thing you did was save a small bit of score, which no one really cares about anyway.  I'm not really sure how a blacked out pilot is able to punch out anyway, but I digress.
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2008, 11:51:05 AM »
Probably a question for HTC, but I'm wondering why it should even be possible to bail while in a black out.  It seems like a rather complex maneuver to perform while out cold.  If you can't even move your throttle I don't see how you could open a canopy.

Agreed.

I had a good one tonight... I don't think I was filming at the time but I ended up over a n1k right on the deck and came in the about 4 or 5K on it. Long story short, I overcooked my approach, overshot and blacked out badly.... at what must have been no more than 5 feet above the ground and in between trees.  :lol  All I could see when I blacked out was green, no horrizon at all and I was moving fast.

I was in a 109 and I was going too fast to manually pull out some I kicked off auto-trim and cranked the elevators back.

After a very long blackout I came to at the top of a loop with the guy I overshot just under me. I snapped a 'tater off at him and, as they say, Robert is your father's brother, he's dead and I'm not.

Bailing because you blacked out is stupid. If you crash.. you deserved it, if you can pull out of it... that's great, carry on fighting.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"