Author Topic: Palestinian Rockets hit Israel, and break truce already  (Read 841 times)

Offline Nashwan

• Silver Member
Re: Palestinian Rockets hit Israel, and break truce already
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 11:23:26 AM »
Sorry, reading what you posted it says Israel carried out a raid in the West Bank, killing two Palestinians, one of them an Islamic Jihad member. Islamic Jihad then retaliated by firing 3 rockets in to Israel.

Edit:
The West Bank is not formally part of the truce.

OK, I get it. The truce doesn't involve the West Bank. Of course, it doesn't involve Islamic Jihad either, if we're being pedantic. So the truce hasn't been broken at all, despite two people being killed on one side and 3 rockets fired at the other side.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 11:28:22 AM by Nashwan »

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 11:24:58 AM »
Israel has negotiated peace agreements with two of its neighbours, Egypt in 1979 and Jordan in 1994. Both agreements have held.

I thought we negotiated those deals.......hmmmm

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 12:35:57 PM »
Northern Californian Armpit-braiders

I LoL'd at that.  :lol
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 12:43:58 PM »
Israel has negotiated peace agreements with two of its neighbours, Egypt in 1979 and Jordan in 1994. Both agreements have held.

Two very notable exceptions. Both of these exceptions are with established nation-states. Negotiating with any of the various terror groups (PLO, Hamas, Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad, ad naseum) hasn't gone nearly as well. But.....you knew that.....

Interesting to note that the Egyptian president Anwar Sadat was assassinated at least in part because of the peace treaty he signed with Israel.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 01:14:57 PM »
reason #245 why you simply cannot negotiate with these people....they cannot even control themselves...

JERUSALEM - Police say three Palestinian rockets have hit southern Israel and Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's office says the cease-fire that took effect last week has been broken.

Islamic Jihad militants in the Gaza Strip says they carried out the attack to avenge an Israeli military raid that killed one of their fighters in the West Bank early Tuesday.

Israel's national rescue service says two people were lightly wounded in the rocket barrage.

The West Bank is not formally part of the truce. But Islamic Jihad says it "cannot keep its hands tied" when its "brothers" in the West Bank are being targeted.

However, the Gaza Strip's ruling Hamas group says it remains committed to the truce.

Israeli troops killed two Palestinians in the West Bank raid.

Question for you..

How long would it take for you to get over it, if some foreign govt took you your family and everyone in your city and kicked them out of their houses. They just picked you up and kicked everyone out, giving you no money for your property or anywhere to go. Just so they could let new people move in and start a new city with a new name?

Would you just walk away and do nothing? Would you not still hold a grudge against those people 50 years later? Well that's the root of the problem with the Israeli's and the Palestinians. How exactly would you suggest they fix it?

The simple fact is both sides are to blame for the current problems. 
"strafing"

Offline slipknot

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2008, 01:26:28 PM »
Well, Crockett, I distinctly recall reading somewhere about an incident in Europe just under 7 decades ago involving the mass slaughter of the same people that now occupy Israel. Homes were taken, families torn apart, murdered, tossed into mass graves.

Millions of them that I bet would have preferred living in corroguted crates to being shot, gassed, hung and incinerated.

When was the last time a Jewish kid strapped some explosives to his chest and blew up a German Cafe? Or is their pain any less significant, or relevant, than what the Palestinians had to deal with?

The Arab world uses Palestine as a convenient leverage point. They supply everything the Palestinians need to continue their suicide bombings, and yet, for all their oil money, I'm not seeing a whole lot of financial and infrastructural support.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 01:29:17 PM by slipknot »

Offline ODBAL

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2008, 01:30:59 PM »
Well, Crockett, I distinctly recall reading somewhere about an incident in Europe just under 7 decades ago involving the mass slaughter of the same people that now occupy Israel. Homes were taken, families torn apart, murdered, tossed into mass graves.

Millions of them that I bet would have preferred living in corroguted crates to being shot, gassed, hung and incinerated.

When was the last time a Jewish kid strapped some explosives to his chest and blew up a German Cafe? Or is their pain any less significant, or relevant, than what the Palestinians had to deal with?

The Arab world uses Palestine as a convenient leverage point. They supply everything the Palestinians need to continue their suicide bombings, and yet, for all their oil money, I'm not seeing a whole lot of financial and infrastructural support.

That never happened, pick up an Iranian history book and see for yourself.
ODBAL

39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Armed & Lubricated)

Offline Nashwan

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2008, 01:39:45 PM »
Two very notable exceptions. Both of these exceptions are with established nation-states. Negotiating with any of the various terror groups (PLO, Hamas, Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad, ad naseum) hasn't gone nearly as well.

Israel has never negotiated a final status agreement with any of the terrorist groups it faces. Even the deals with the PLO were always interim deals with the main objectives put off to some point in the future.

Interesting to note that the Egyptian president Anwar Sadat was assassinated at least in part because of the peace treaty he signed with Israel.

And Yitzhak Rabin was assassinated entirely because of the deal he signed with the PLO.

The difference is the Palestinians are still having to deal with it. They are still under military occupation, still having their land expropriated for Jewish settlement.

The Palestinians who Israel granted citizenship to, who do not live under those conditions, don't take part in terrorism.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2008, 01:43:33 PM »
Anyone who thought this truce would last more than a week probably thought Michael Jackson's marriage to that Presley girl would last forever.

What truce was broken?  The truce was between Hamas and the Isaelis and Hamas didn't fire those rockets, Islamic Jihad did.  As far as I can tell, the truce between Hamas and Israel is still intact.  

I also don't think Hamas will break their truce in support of Islamic Jihad since they are bitter rivals and both groups repeatedly clash.  In fact, Islamic Jihad is a splinter group of the Egyptian Islamic Jihad, a group founded by Bin-laden's right hand man Ayman al-Zawahiri and preaches the same perverted form if Islam that Al-Queda does.  Islamic Jihad is also funded by Hezbollah and by some reports directly from Iran as well.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2008, 01:46:30 PM »
Are you ready to Rumble....?

Offline slipknot

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2008, 01:52:20 PM »
The difference is the Palestinians are still having to deal with it. They are still under military occupation, still having their land expropriated for Jewish settlement.

The Palestinians who Israel granted citizenship to, who do not live under those conditions, don't take part in terrorism.

I suppose you're right. Suicide bombing must be the only solution.

Good thing that anti-semitism is a thing of the past, however. God only know what the jews would do to Europe if they were still living with any sort of threat of oppression and/or persecution.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2008, 01:59:29 PM »

There was an end to the war for the Jewish people after ww2. The Germans in charge were tried in courts of law, Jewish people to this day still hunt down wanted Nazi party members. So in short while things happened that were tragic the war was over so to speak and that's when the state of Israel was formed. So they were given a homeland.

At the same time the Palestine's homeland was taken from them and nothing was done for them to give them a end to their war. Hence the reason they are still fighting 50 years later.

I really have nothing against either party in the matter as I see it both sides share equal in the blame of what's happening now. I just get sick of always seeing this matter blamed entirely on the Palestinians, when in reality they are only doing the same thing anyone of you would do if you were put in their situation.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 02:05:28 PM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline slipknot

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2008, 02:07:37 PM »
Yes, I do sympathize with anybody whose home is taken away but no, I do not think that ritualized terrorism--especially the kind that recruits children--is what anybody would do in that situation. Many groups have been displaced throughout history.

The Palestinian situation should be the shame of the arab world. Instead, they are propped up like some sort of morbid sacrificial lamb. Supported through rhetoric, they are nevertheless given no real help except to carry forward this ongoing campaign.

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2008, 02:08:44 PM »
Be carefull what you post in here--this isn't the NY Times.

All it takes is one person complaining....

ROX

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2008, 02:27:29 PM »
Question for you..

How long would it take for you to get over it, if some foreign govt took you your family and everyone in your city and kicked them out of their houses. They just picked you up and kicked everyone out, giving you no money for your property or anywhere to go. Just so they could let new people move in and start a new city with a new name?

ask the american indian