Author Topic: ~S~ Every One  (Read 814 times)

Offline 47th/312thbgl_KABAYO

• Zinc Member
      • 47th/312th Bomb Group Light
~S~ Every One
« on: July 03, 2008, 12:30:50 PM »
~S~
Kumusta (means Hello in Filipino). My name is David (call sign KABYAO which means Horse in Filipino) I am 58 almost 59 yrs old. I am a Viet Nam Veteran. I served two combat tour of duty in Viet Nam 1968-1969 and again from Feb 1970 to Nov 1970 (United States Marine Corps). I have a major in History especially in Air Combat from World War 1 to Viet Nam. I also have study Naval War Fare of the United States Navy of World War 2. I know what the capability of most planes are. I have study and talk to alot of pilots of World War 2 and my father was a Marine Pilot with MAG 12 Marine Squadron VMF-115 in World War 2 station in the Philippines. He flew the F4U Corsair.I have been married to a wonderful Filipino woman for 5 yrs and we have a 3yr old daughter who will be 4 in August. Where we live, the Battle of Surigao Strait took place on the early morning of Oct 25, 1944. Where my wife village is on the province on Dinagat Island, across from where the PT Boats made the first attack on the Japanese Southen Force.
I am not new to AH, I flew here back in 2003. I have been flying virtual Air Combat Flight Sims since 1986. I have flown in the old Air Warriors 1,2,3, all three MS Combat Flight Sims,
EAW and IL2, third wire First Eagles, Wings Over Viet Nan, Fighter Ace 2.5 and Warbirds and etc....  I am not here to compere games, I know each and every one has it Pro's and Con's and I don't want people here to think I come here to compere it with any other game. I an here to see if AH2 is worth spending money on and to see if the game has improved at all. I am not into mods, I like my flight Sim to be straight forth with out any cheat sheets or so forth. I am a straight shooter. And I am a straight talker, I say whats on my mind and don't beat around the bush. At times I can be ill-temper (that's from being a Sgt. in the Marine Corps). However I am not all that bad, I am easy to get along with and love to have fun when flying. If I do stay I will be forming the 47th/312th Bomb Group Light which will be a dedicated low level attack bomber group A-20C/G.
What I look for in the game?
1) Realistic and Authentic Flight Modeling and Damage Modeling
2) Realistic and Authentic Campains (Especially a Bomber Tour Of Duty)
3) Realistic Maps of the MTO (Mediterranean Theater Of Operations (North Africa and Italy) and PTO (Pacific Theater Of Operations Especially New Guinea and the Philippines Islands).
4) Respectful and Helpful Flight Community

I am not into a Community that has alot BS going on in it or people who bash others. I am not into this 4 way war, I only interested in a Axis vs Allies. I don't believe in the Russian fighting USA/British fighting Russia or Japan fighting Germany and so forth. I am not into this Bishop vs Rooks and so forth. I am looking for a straight forward Axis vs Allies. Allies fighting the Axis powers, Japan,Germany and Italy.
 I am only here for a two week try out and to see if this Flight Sim is worth spending money on. Like I said I am Honest and straight forward about things and so not to make any one mad, or misunderstand me. If at end of the two weeks and I decide to stay I will be forming the Virtual 47th/312th Bomb Group Light A-20 Low Level Light Attack Bomber group.

Thank You
KABAYO

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: ~S~ Every One
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 12:45:42 PM »
I don't fly other games but from what I hear this is among the top in FM. You could probably add a bell or whistle to the damaging but the recently released or updated planes seem to have better damage.
We do have an axis v allies arena. Snapshots, FSO, scenarios also have more historic AvA setup. The 'in the works' Combat Tour will also be more historically accurate than MAs.
3) Realistic Maps of the MTO (Mediterranean Theater Of Operations (North Africa and Italy) and PTO (Pacific Theater Of Operations Especially New Guinea and the Philippines Islands).
Again AvA, and special events have more realistic maps than main arenas because MAs do have to spread things around sort of evenly for the three front war.
Most will be very helpful and if you give respect you'll usually be treated with it. Of course we do have a few who enjoy the agitator role and persue it. We have wonder ful squelch feature with can take care of them nicely. If above and beyond acceptable, you can report them.

Welcome and enjoy your free trial. <S>

~S~
Kumusta (means Hello in Filipino). My name is David (call sign KABYAO which means Horse in Filipino) I am 58 almost 59 yrs old. I am a Viet Nam Veteran. I served two combat tour of duty in Viet Nam 1968-1969 and again from Feb 1970 to Nov 1970 (United States Marine Corps). I have a major in History especially in Air Combat from World War 1 to Viet Nam. I also have study Naval War Fare of the United States Navy of World War 2. I know what the capability of most planes are. I have study and talk to alot of pilots of World War 2 and my father was a Marine Pilot with MAG 12 Marine Squadron VMF-115 in World War 2 station in the Philippines. He flew the F4U Corsair.I have been married to a wonderful Filipino woman for 5 yrs and we have a 3yr old daughter who will be 4 in August. Where we live, the Battle of Surigao Strait took place on the early morning of Oct 25, 1944. Where my wife village is on the province on Dinagat Island, across from where the PT Boats made the first attack on the Japanese Southen Force.
I am not new to AH, I flew here back in 2003. I have been flying virtual Air Combat Flight Sims since 1986. I have flown in the old Air Warriors 1,2,3, all three MS Combat Flight Sims,
EAW and IL2, third wire First Eagles, Wings Over Viet Nan, Fighter Ace 2.5 and Warbirds and etc....  I am not here to compere games, I know each and every one has it Pro's and Con's and I don't want people here to think I come here to compere it with any other game. I an here to see if AH2 is worth spending money on and to see if the game has improved at all. I am not into mods, I like my flight Sim to be straight forth with out any cheat sheets or so forth. I am a straight shooter. And I am a straight talker, I say whats on my mind and don't beat around the bush. At times I can be ill-temper (that's from being a Sgt. in the Marine Corps). However I am not all that bad, I am easy to get along with and love to have fun when flying. If I do stay I will be forming the 47th/312th Bomb Group Light which will be a dedicated low level attack bomber group A-20C/G.

I am not into a Community that has alot BS going on in it or people who bash others. I am not into this 4 way war, I only interested in a Axis vs Allies. I don't believe in the Russian fighting USA/British fighting Russia or Japan fighting Germany and so forth. I am not into this Bishop vs Rooks and so forth. I am looking for a straight forward Axis vs Allies. Allies fighting the Axis powers, Japan,Germany and Italy.
 I am only here for a two week try out and to see if this Flight Sim is worth spending money on. Like I said I am Honest and straight forward about things and so not to make any one mad, or misunderstand me. If at end of the two weeks and I decide to stay I will be forming the Virtual 47th/312th Bomb Group Light A-20 Low Level Light Attack Bomber group.

Thank You
KABAYO
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Trukk

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 12:57:10 PM »
The AvA arena is probably the best bet if you want more realistic matchups.  The downside it that it's not populated 24/7, from probably 8:00pm-1:00am Eastern there are good numbers but other than that it's pretty thin.  The other issue is that the A20 may not be available as the AvA is not a "everything is available" setup.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 12:57:25 PM »
What Fuze said and welcome  :aok
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline 007Rusty

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 01:33:02 PM »
      welcome
C.O. 444TH AIR MAFIA
 WD40 (FS0)

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 01:37:40 PM »
To be 100% honest here, it doesn't sound like you will enjoy it here much.  There is hardly ever enough in the AvA arena and other arenas and since you said you want realism, fighting p51 to p51 isn't your thing, so the Main Arena is out of the picture.  Yes, it's nice when there is a cool special event or snapshot, but you will want more then that once you start playing.  If you can get over the unrealistic aspect of the Main Arena(where everyone plays)then this is the best game out there for flight model/fun imo.  However, I'd suggest taking a look at a game WW2OL and also IL2 Sturmovik: FB which both sound more suited to your wants. 
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline Old Sport

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 02:03:08 PM »
As Messiah says, in general I doubt if you will like it here in the long run.

However, there is a special event just around the corner that you might want to fly, and then cancel after that if this is not what you are looking for.

Rangoon '42
July 19, practice frame
July 26, frame 1
Aug 2, frame 2
Aug 9, frame 3
Aug 16, frame 4

With the experience you have, I would think you would be able to get in reasonable shape by July 26.

You can read more about it at this forum in the Special Events Forum. I've flown in a few special events scenarios, and they are much of what keeps me around here. The MA is just practice for that.

All the best and Semper Fi.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 02:05:40 PM »
First of all, welcome :)

A few things:

1.  You don't have to worry about cheats, as those are pretty much airtight;

2.  The Axis vs. Allies arena will give you the historic matchups, however, we only have one AvA arena (which means only one historic setting at a time), and, as others have noted, it's not always that populated (as of recently it seems to be doing better);

3.  The scenarios, snapshots, special events, etc. are run at predetermined times, ranging from a weekly to nearly quarterly rest inbetween.  These would provide you with the sort of fun you are looking for, however;

4.  The Main Arenas are where everyone usually is, and they are also arenas that you wouldn't at first seem to like.  Give them a shot and treat them for what they are and you can get some enjoyment out of them;  

5.  Bashing...  Uh...  Well, like Fuze said, there's always squelch :D

6.  As for a realistic combat tour of duty...  It's coming.  Not sure when exactly, but some pretty exciting changes have happened in the last year that suggest it will indeed come.  Perhaps a way to get over the MA, is to think of it as simply a place where you can improve your game so when Combat Tour comes out you'll have a better chance of surviving/excelling.

Give it a shot.  It's probably not exactly what you want, but, on the other hand, it's probably not exactly what you'd hate, either.

:salute
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 02:13:19 PM »
Welcome!!!
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 02:20:10 PM »
As everyone has said, you wont find what you want per se. However the ability to create your own niche does exist to a degree.

I fly knight with 71 squadron and go back to the very end of AW on Genie. I've been here since 9,99 (beta) and did a stint here as a part of the 1st training corps. I've probably got as much stick time in the A-20 as anyone but cobia. I'm certaily not the best a-20 driver in the game but I can give you a pretty good overview (I also flew the a-26 alot in AW) of what it can do in good hands. I have a bunch of A-20 clips up that might help as well....

www(dot)az-dsl(dot)com/snaphook/A-20

If your flying knight feel free to tune to 171 vox anytime or use the find command {.F snaphook} from the text buffer to see if i'm online

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline KayBayRay

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 03:54:28 PM »
<S> KABAYO   :cool:

Welcome to AHII. I am a long time veteran of flight simms. Just a couple years younger than you. Flew Airwarrior for many years online. Have been here for just over a year. This is a great game and flight simm. IMHO it is well worth the few bucks I give up for it each month. I have made a lot of good pals in the air here and enjoy flying with and against many many players.

There are a lot of great people in here as well as a few jerks as there are in any gaming community. Just ignore the jerks and they will go away for the most part. I hope to fly with and against you in this game and hope you have as much fun as I do in here.   :cool:

<S> and Have Fun !!

Later,
KayBay
See ya in the Sky !!

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 05:08:31 PM »
 :salute, welcome to the addition, fasten your seatbelt and lock up the wife ack, it's gonna get hellish son.  :salute

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 05:37:56 PM »
Welcome and thanks for posting your bio.  My name is Steve and I like romanitc candle light dinners andlong walks on the beach at sunset.

Hold me.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 05:58:14 PM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl 
Lighten up Francis

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2008, 08:47:03 PM »
 :salute welcome back to AH