Author Topic: Nothing to see here, move along  (Read 12914 times)

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Re: ARRRRRRR....
« Reply #390 on: July 08, 2008, 07:02:20 PM »
You know what is the best part of this game?

A person could get marooned on a desert island for 20 years talking to a volleyball, have their wife/husband remarry, kids move away, dogs die, find the world completely beyond any recognition, stroll on in to these here forums, and feel like they never left.

You know what is the worst part of this game?

The unfortunate fact that we can't just go marooning people on desert islands.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #391 on: July 08, 2008, 07:29:17 PM »
You know what is the best part of this game?

A person could get marooned on a desert island for 20 years talking to a volleyball, have their wife/husband remarry, kids move away, dogs die, find the world completely beyond any recognition, stroll on in to these here forums, and feel like they never left.

You know what is the worst part of this game?

The unfortunate fact that we can't just go marooning people on desert islands.

lol well said vudak <<S>>
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline mike254

• Nickel Member
« Reply #392 on: July 08, 2008, 07:37:22 PM »

FIRST off..your wayyyyyyyyyyy to late to even be commenting on this mike. SECONDLY you wasn't on when all this crap went down. AND for third of all, yall DO take UNDEFENDED bases, yall dont like to take bases with resistance. this all started with me talking to the bish that was taking the TT bases and your boy vandetta aka vanscrew opening his mouth when it had nothing to do with him. IF i was talking about your squad at that moment i would have made it perfectly clear that i was talking about your squad. THEN van wanted to get his RL involved in the game which in total honesty i could give 2 craps about what he has goin on in RL. Davey made assumptions, Van made assumptions and that is the reason for all of this. NOW you may go back into the game and fly your little cartoon airplane and do whatever it is that you do and just stay out of it. kthxbai

Yes, I know I was late on this, I just read it a while ago, and you pissed me off, so I said something about it. I know I wasn't on, and I said that already, so your a little late on that. I would never have said anything if YOU didn't start making assumptions yourself. You assume that we are "skill-less" "squekers" and we "dont like to take bases with resistance". Well, that isn't true. First of all, there is NOTHING wrong with taking an undefended base. Second of all, we do take defended bases. A couple days ago we ran a mission from a CV to a base with ALOT of resistance. We took down the VH, FH's, BH's and the town and took the base. (Wasn't a joker goon but we would have never taken the base if we didn't run the mission to take it.) We do missions like that all the time. So you should stop assuming stuff about our squad unless you actualy know what your talking about instead of throwing out your nonesense about us being skill less squekers ect. And I'll go and fly my cartoon plane whenever I feel like it, not when you give me permission, k? Ok thats all I have to say, I'm done, you guys can believe what you wan't.
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

I have a photographic memory. The only problem is that sometimes I forget to take off the lens cap.

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #393 on: July 08, 2008, 07:41:51 PM »
FIGHT FILMS HERE... (Except for last fight- Tiff vs Tiff again- DaveyJ wins)

http://files.filefront.com/TiffvsTiffahf/;10981855;/fileinfo.html Tiffie vs. Tiffie

http://files.filefront.com/38Jvs38J1ahf/;10981865;/fileinfo.html 38J vs. 38J #1

http://files.filefront.com/38L+vs+Tiffahf/;10981869;/fileinfo.html 38L vs. Tiffie

http://files.filefront.com/38Lvs38Lahf/;10981911;/fileinfo.html 38J vs 38J #2

http://files.filefront.com/38Lvs38Lahf/;10981911;/fileinfo.html 38L vs 38L

Don't have the film of the last fight, which was Tiffie vs Tiffie again. I won that.

Don't mind b4buster in the background of some of these fights. He was just along for the ride. There is some vulgar language used.  :D

« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 07:50:59 PM by DaveJ »
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline Captfish

• Nickel Member
      • VF-6 Fighter Sqdn
« Reply #394 on: July 08, 2008, 07:43:19 PM »
still dont know where to upload the films, anyone have any suggestions?
Use the Aces High Movie Database! at http://www.aceshighmovies.com/
'CO' VF-6 Fighter Sqdn

Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #395 on: July 08, 2008, 07:45:15 PM »
Use the Aces High Movie Database! at http://www.aceshighmovies.com/

Films uploaded. ^^^^
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline mike254

• Nickel Member
« Reply #396 on: July 08, 2008, 07:50:28 PM »
Here's the secret to the whole deal Mike :)

Every squad goes through a time where they think they matter and that their #*^$ doesn't stink.  I guess it's part of the growing pains of learning the game.

I've long been of the opinion that a squad doesn't really become a squad until the people involved understand that none of this matters.  All the trash talk, the 'we're more skilled' then the next guy chest thumping, the need to defend everything they do, as if anyone cares, bit, just shows the newness to me.  But it's all part of the growing pains of any squad I guess.

You guys will come around and those that stick will figure out that it's just some folks who enjoy each other's company, sitting at their computers, pretending to be cartoon pilots and having fun :)

Ugh.. ok this will be my last post on this, hopefuly... I never said that our "#*^$ doesn't stink" and no squad is perfect, no one is. And I have learned the game pretty well. But, thats all it is, a game, so im not gunna get worked up about it or whatever so I really don't care what you guys have to say. Also, I never trash talked and I never said we were more skilled than anyone. All I said was we aren't skill-less squekers and most of us know what we are doing and are good sticks. I didn't mention anyone else so I'm not saying we are better than anyone. I love this game and I play to have fun and make some friends. I try not to piss anyone off which is why I don't really wan't to keep arguing about this. <S>

I have a photographic memory. The only problem is that sometimes I forget to take off the lens cap.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #397 on: July 08, 2008, 08:05:20 PM »
never mind I thought this was a thread about pirates
 :P

JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #398 on: July 08, 2008, 08:06:54 PM »
Bit off topic here, but will filefront host AH videos?

try mediafire for video hosting.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 08:08:49 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #399 on: July 08, 2008, 08:08:17 PM »
try mediafire for video hosting, it's where I host my videos.

ack-ack

I used filefront. It's uploaded if you care to take a peak. ^^^^
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #400 on: July 08, 2008, 08:26:18 PM »
I think this whole thing has gotten way out of hand. I think it was class-less to post this on the forums and get the whole AH community involved. Nobody ever once consulted our CO or any one of us, people just reported and called HTC making false accusations. I think this thread should be closed, it really only involves 4-5 people.

Oh and Davey on your films - nice victorys, you should of had em' all you augering newb :)
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline mike254

• Nickel Member
« Reply #401 on: July 08, 2008, 08:27:16 PM »
I think this whole thing has gotten way out of hand. I think it was class-less to post this on the forums and get the whole AH community involved. Nobody ever once consulted our CO or any one of us, people just reported and called HTC making false accusations. I think this thread should be closed, it really only involves 4-5 people.

Oh and Davey on your films - nice victorys, you should of had em' all you augering newb :)

I agree buster, i should have kept my mouth shut, sry. <S>

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #402 on: July 08, 2008, 08:59:08 PM »

:lol :lol
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #403 on: July 08, 2008, 09:31:40 PM »

well your SQUADIES didn't consult anyone and took it upon themselves to make incorrect assumptions, and this is what the out come was. there was no need to talk to your "CO" due to the fact that this is only a GAME and CO's in a game dont mean crap, it only means that everyone is responsible for themselves. i am the XO of " The Killuminati" and my squad aswers for themselves not as a group and kermit is the CO and he answers for NO ONE. we all are adults in my squad and take responsibility for our actions. maybe your squad should do the same thing.
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #404 on: July 08, 2008, 11:02:42 PM »
Ugh.. ok this will be my last post on this, hopefuly... I never said that our "#*^$ doesn't stink" and no squad is perfect, no one is. And I have learned the game pretty well. But, thats all it is, a game, so im not gunna get worked up about it or whatever so I really don't care what you guys have to say. Also, I never trash talked and I never said we were more skilled than anyone. All I said was we aren't skill-less squekers and most of us know what we are doing and are good sticks. I didn't mention anyone else so I'm not saying we are better than anyone. I love this game and I play to have fun and make some friends. I try not to piss anyone off which is why I don't really wan't to keep arguing about this. <S>

I wasn't accusing you Mike. My apologies if it looked that way/   Just more of a general statement based off of your previous post :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters