Author Topic: Nothing to see here, move along  (Read 12786 times)

Offline SpazMan

• Nickel Member
Re: ARRRRRRR....
« Reply #525 on: July 10, 2008, 03:33:22 PM »
Then your reading and comprehension skills are lacking ... especially comprehension ... in light of the numerous post explaining that TT/Furball areas were designed into the map (by the mapmakers) with the intent to provide an area for those who enjoy getting into quick dogfights and those who enjoy GVing against large numbers of armor on the field of battle.

When the maps were first released, and HT didn't have the coading to prevent a base from being captured, the un-written rule was to leave that area for what it was created for ... and the "WINZ TH3 W@rZ" dudes can decimate the rest of the map till they puked ... but no way ... there will always be a sect of "griefers" that will take pride in destroying the fun of others.

Did you ever think that all your fellow countrymen are also effected by that griefer stance ... you basically have said ... screw you and your wants to use that area for what it was designed for ... so you screw them out of enjoying that area ... WTFG !!!

Bottom line ... spin it anyway you want ... taking TT/Furball Island is nothing except selfish griefing and serves no purpose except to grief.

Actually I'm fairly new here ( 6 months or so ) and my understanding of TT/Furball Island is exactly how you explained it Slapshot. I've used it for quick engagements and if I feel like taking bases I do it off the island. Everyone pays their dues and should be able to play the way they see fit. You don't need to take the island to win the war....... :)

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #526 on: July 10, 2008, 04:18:28 PM »
Then your reading and comprehension skills are lacking ... especially comprehension ... in light of the numerous post explaining that TT/Furball areas were designed into the map (by the mapmakers) with the intent to provide an area for those who enjoy getting into quick dogfights and those who enjoy GVing against large numbers of armor on the field of battle.

When the maps were first released, and HT didn't have the coading to prevent a base from being captured, the un-written rule was to leave that area for what it was created for ... and the "WINZ TH3 W@rZ" dudes can decimate the rest of the map till they puked ... but no way ... there will always be a sect of "griefers" that will take pride in destroying the fun of others.

Did you ever think that all your fellow countrymen are also effected by that griefer stance ... you basically have said ... screw you and your wants to use that area for what it was designed for ... so you screw them out of enjoying that area ... WTFG !!!

Bottom line ... spin it anyway you want ... taking TT/Furball Island is nothing except selfish griefing and serves no purpose except to grief.

AMEN slapshot! <<S>>

but still there will be the village idiots that wont get it, never will and still will do what they want to piss people off. but awsome way to describe it. see i try to be maybe they dont speak english or something...who knows :)
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #527 on: July 10, 2008, 04:20:51 PM »
Shall I start another argument?  :D

What argument?   

Adonai with the pwn.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #528 on: July 10, 2008, 04:26:42 PM »

AMEN slapshot! <<S>>

but still there will be the village idiots that wont get it, never will and still will do what they want to piss people off. but awsome way to describe it. see i try to be maybe they dont speak english or something...who knows :)

Sorry betty ... but you are wrong ... they DO GET IT ... that is exactly why they do it.

Ignorance, in this case, could be excused ... those that take TT/Furball Island, know full well what they are doing and what they want to accomplish ... and that is why it can't be excused ... no matter the excuse they try to spin.

It's simple griefing ... nothing more ... nothing less.

I think your use of "yall" is what confuses them ... ;)
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #529 on: July 10, 2008, 04:28:21 PM »
Sorry betty ... but you are wrong ... they DO GET IT ... that is exactly why they do it.

Ignorance, in this case, could be excused ... those that take TT/Furball Island, know full well what they are doing and what they want to accomplish ... and that is why it can't be excused ... no matter the excuse they try to spin.

Exactly.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #530 on: July 10, 2008, 04:39:07 PM »
You lost so many arguments on here I think Jessica Simpson would win "is this fish or chicken" argument with you  :aok

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Very Well put. It always seems late at night, somebody is trying to take that base...  :rolleyes:
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #531 on: July 10, 2008, 05:24:07 PM »
You lost so many arguments on here I think Jessica Simpson would win "is this fish or chicken" argument with you  :aok

What, 2 arguments? Man that's alot.

Thats less than the number of times you vulched and picked me yesterday.  :aok
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #532 on: July 10, 2008, 05:26:41 PM »
What, 2 arguments? Man that's alot.

Yes, but you kept loosing those 2 arguments time after time after time...

You just kept going.  :noid :rolleyes: :rock

Now start a new one....

noob. :noid  :lol :O :D
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #533 on: July 10, 2008, 05:29:09 PM »
Yes, but you kept loosing those 2 arguments time after time after time...

You just kept going.  :noid :rolleyes: :rock

Now start a new one....

noob. :noid  :lol :O :D

Not necessarily.

EDIT: I did what I did because at the time I thought it was right. We aren't going to discuss this anymore.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 05:33:24 PM by DaveJ »
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #534 on: July 10, 2008, 05:32:01 PM »
Not necessarily. I stand by what I did, but we aren't going to discuss that anymore.

But, I wanna argue!!  :cry :cry :cry :cry :lol :noid

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #535 on: July 10, 2008, 05:33:55 PM »
But, I wanna argue!!  :cry :cry :cry :cry :lol :noid

Sure, just about something else.  :aok
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline Redlegs

• Silver Member
« Reply #536 on: July 10, 2008, 08:40:16 PM »
Resident Arizona Cardinals/Cincinnati Reds fan

Offline Baitman

• Nickel Member
      • Strike Manufacturing Inc.
« Reply #537 on: July 10, 2008, 10:07:53 PM »
"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition"
You can be one but NOT both...

Fully Fledged Practising Atheist Bishop

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #538 on: July 10, 2008, 10:35:02 PM »

Hes correct ya know. :)
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #539 on: July 11, 2008, 09:31:24 AM »

Eggcellent response Slapshot!  Yeah, I'm in one of those squads that toolshed a lot  but I draw the line on TT/FT and I have always advocated a protected tank town and fighter town but it always falls on deaf ears.  HTC has created an experience for all to enjoy their various preferences.  It's just that he forgot about the ones who have a preference to ruin the fun of the others who have different preferences in gameplay.  I like to GV and some like to just plain fight it out in fighters and nothing is worse than having the area captured by one country or having all the hangers destroyed so nobody can up and fight.  It is the anti-play scheme in a game that is meant to be played and enjoyed.  Just because one country has done it, we are then faced with another country doing it and everybody looses the moral/ethical ground in following suit.  Somebody has to take the high ground say NO, we won't pork the TT/FT area.  I guess it's just a dream. :(

All the Best...
    Jay
 awDoc1
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 09:37:35 AM by doc1kelley »
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!