Author Topic: Ditching  (Read 647 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Ditching
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2008, 09:46:13 PM »

What if your outta gas?

What if your engine is shot out and you barley make it back to the base?

What if ya bellyland and slide off the runway?

Either way I landed safely at my own base, while trying to dodge buildings and gun enplacements, enemy vulchers etc.

There are quite a few different reasons that you sometimes can,t land on a paved runway.

What about GVS?

Thats a whole other can of worms, with the same problem.

I do not see a can of worms, and I definitely do not see any problem there.
The challenge is to make it back to runway. If you fail, you just fail, whether it's because the enemy tried to prevent it (damage, crash while dodging vulchers) or you simply messed up (out of gas). It's up to you to overcome the obstacles.

And as it already was pointed out in this thread, once you get "landed" anywhere on field the next requests to extend that limit again will come "seroiusly, why should it be a ditch when I'm just 3 feet away from the field, which's boundaries can not be seen anyway? "

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2008, 11:10:41 PM »
One piece...as in..meaning no to little repairs? Such as a rudder missing. That would be classified as a small repair. Something such as your radiator or engine oil damaged/out, would be a large repair, and not count as the successful landing.

Hell no.  One of the things I like most in this game is nursing a shot to hell airplane back to base and that would kill a lot of the incentive.  Got battledamage?  No credit for your sortie.  Yay!
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2008, 02:36:08 AM »
What if your outta gas?

What if your engine is shot out and you barley make it back to the base?

What if ya bellyland and slide off the runway?

What if your engine dead and you bellyland just few feets before runway? You would want successful landing too?

If you want successful landing you must work for it, if you fail its your fault not HTC. If you battle damaged and want successful landing you must work ever harder and if you fail its your fault again.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou