Author Topic: Last few nights in the AVA...  (Read 2388 times)

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
Re: Last few nights in the AVA...
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2008, 09:27:20 PM »
N72

Didn't know you were in the squad for such a long time. I don't engage in 200 chat, it's not in my interest. Nor is talking to storch, he crossed the line a good few times too many. He is probably the only person in this community that I have completely lost respect for, because of his own actions, nothing more nothing less. I should probably just leave it at that.

You know, if someone came up to you on the street, laughed you in the face and told you how weak you are. What would you do? What would you think of the guy? I know what I would think... "This guy has a serious problem." then I would leave. But what if this guy tried to get you every day, when you're doing something on your own free time that you enjoy, he'd come up to you and try to provoke you as best he could? And if you didn't react, he'd spit you in the face or do something to one of your friends instead.

Both you and I know what to think of such people. It's a behavioural pattern some kids develop in kindergarten, or early years in school, but most stop doing somewhere in the process of growing up.

Respect is just not meant for some.

Again, this is all friendly talk from my end.

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline Dinan

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2008, 10:39:50 PM »
I hear ya.  :salute

Offline PhantomBarron

• Copper Member
      • http://
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2008, 12:14:14 AM »
Vortex, Keeping this friendly and all, when I joined the squad you were a member. I tried talking to you and rarely received any response at all. I felt you thought I was out of your league as a pilot and not worth your time. I kept quiet most of the time just because i was a newbie. Im not dissen on you, but you seem to act like you were so apt to help others but I just didnt see it. The rest of the old timers however tried to teach me some things and to this day still welcome me as a solid member of the squad. No offense, but in my eyes you are the pot painting the kettle black. So remember that when you try to label each member of the squad based on your personal issues or dealings.
I just dont like being labeled and am sure you can appreciate it.
Tyrant

Game ID: Tyrant

Relax, What I’ve taken from you now will eventually be inherited by the Meek

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2008, 04:30:17 AM »
Absolutely Tyrant, if that was your experience of me I'm sorry. Keep in mind though, that my communication skills (in english, which is not my first language) has improved enormously over this time period. So if I seemed stuck up to you for not answering you or not helping you, it was most likely because I couldn't communicate properly the way I wanted to. We all develop skills as life goes by, mistakes are made and learnt from. Things are seldom what they seem. Over the years I've learned to be patient with people, with very few exceptions. It has never been my intention to put all of you in the same corner, just trying to figure this out as you guys are my old squaddies.

Thanks for the honest and straightforward conversation.  :salute

Truth has no agenda.

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2008, 08:57:08 AM »
You know, if someone came up to you on the street, laughed you in the face and told you how weak you are. What would you do? What would you think of the guy? I know what I would think... "This guy has a serious problem." then I would leave.
This is seriously dishonest, if your gonna give an example give an accurate one. Nobody came up to you on the street. Here's the question:

What would you do if you were playing baseball and someone said "you swing like a rusty gate?"
If he inquired "how's your wife and my kids" or ""you couldn't pitch a tent!"?
If a basket ball player said "You building a house with all those bricks"?
If a football player said "you couldn't catch a cold" or "bring that weak stuff, I own this field"?
If a soccer player said, "get off your knees, you're blowing the game"?
If a boxer said "you fight like a girl" because you keep running away?
( here's a whole book on the subject http://www.amazon.co.uk/Big-Book-Sports-Insults-unadmiring/dp/0304366846)

If someone had a big problem and cried everytime someone tossed out some smack what would you think of the guy? I know what I would think... "This guy has a serious problem." then I would leave.

“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2008, 09:30:09 AM »
This is seriously dishonest, if your gonna give an example give an accurate one.

If someone had a big problem and cried everytime someone tossed out some smack what would you think of the guy?

How about a little honesty and accuracy on your part?  It's not smack talk in the normal sense of the word, it's harassment. It's constant, and it goes on much more than people complain about it. In fact the complaints about it are nowhere near the level of the harassment. Mainly because people like you want to condone the behavior of this individual. You take up for him intstead of encouraging him to grow up. Instead of implying anybody that complains about his behavior having a problem,  you should be wondering what the problem of the individual who can't control himself is. This isn't normal smack talk and it never has been.

To compare it to smack talk on the street or a playing field is lame. There you do it face to face, if you keep it it up, sooner or later somebody is going to painfully shut your mouth for you. Constantly insulting people from the safety of your PC is neither, cool, tough, or manly. It is a cowardly behavior problem. The fact that you would insult people who have grown tired of it by suggesting they are the ones with the problem  tells me, you're part of the problem.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2008, 09:39:54 AM »
Tyrant I have to say that the pass you made on me the other night was textbook. I never saw you coming, serves me right as I didn't keep my attention on if anyone was above me. Carrying 13 kills I got very frustrated from losing the left wing and left flap. Had the flap been in working order, I could have at least ditched it. Attempting to land the A-5 couldn't keep the wings level at slow speed so it turned over and made a hole in the ground for me. That was my only loss that night, and you got a kill well deserved.  :salute

If you think I'm not bothering with Kong's post, well... I'm not. What shifty said covers it.

Shifty  :salute - Hope to see you up in the AvA soon! Miss the good fights vs the 49th!

Truth has no agenda.

Offline oceans11

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2008, 10:00:03 AM »
See Rule #4, #5
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 04:05:36 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2008, 10:25:10 AM »
Shifty,

Nowhere in my post was I discussing the action of "this individual" as you put it. (What's wrong, too passive aggressive to actually use his name?) "This individual" is a big boy and can speak for himself.

My post stands as a completely accurate correction on an inaccurate metaphor.

Of course it's a matter of degree. I've read enough vortex to understand that his degree is zero. No one should ever say anything to him he doesn't like, ever. If they do they are wrong and he doesn't respect them. If he asks that someone not speak to him, they should stop, period. He is the center of the universe.

As far as your judgment as to what is harassment. The vast, vast, vast majority don't agree with you and have no problem with it. 10 people may come in here and agree with you, so what. The complainers are always the vocal ones. A small group of low self esteem, self appointed priests of propriety.

So back to my point. 3 or 4 out of 11 players (on both sides) in a football game will talk smack EVERY play. Is that harassment? One thing is for sure, if the center started crying and the QB got so angry he slams his helmet on the ground, the smack talk would only increase. As it should.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2008, 10:48:30 AM »

As far as your judgment as to what is harassment. The vast, vast, vast majority don't agree with you and have no problem with it. 10 people may come in here and agree with you, so what. The complainers are always the vocal ones. A small group of low self esteem, self appointed priests of propriety.

So back to my point. 3 or 4 out of 11 players (on both sides) in a football game will talk smack EVERY play. Is that harassment? One thing is for sure, if the center started crying and the QB got so angry he slams his helmet on the ground, the smack talk would only increase. As it should.

Many more people have a problem with it than you are aware of then. Again you make an attempt to insult anybody that's tired of it by refering to them as a small group with low self esteem. Maybe I grew up in a diferent era from you, but the bullies and loudmouths were always the ones with low self esteem in my life experiance. I've seen very few srong, confident, men that needed to belittle others to amuse themselves.
I played 11 years of organized football, and six years of organized rugby. Smack talk was rare , and if it happened nobody started crying or threw their helmet down as you mentioned. They either laughed at the foolish behavior or hit the guy so hard he was too busy trying to breath to talk trash.

One question for you. I'm far from worried about being too passive aggresive, but if Storch is a big boy as you say he is... Why are you doing his talking?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 10:50:39 AM by Shifty »

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline a4944

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2008, 10:57:45 AM »
Shifty,

Nowhere in my post was I discussing the action of "this individual" as you put it. (What's wrong, too passive aggressive to actually use his name?) "This individual" is a big boy and can speak for himself.

My post stands as a completely accurate correction on an inaccurate metaphor.

Of course it's a matter of degree. I've read enough vortex to understand that his degree is zero. No one should ever say anything to him he doesn't like, ever. If they do they are wrong and he doesn't respect them. If he asks that someone not speak to him, they should stop, period. He is the center of the universe.

I'll be one of those with low self esteem and back shifty on this.  Constant, unprovoked, and intentional griefing should not be tolerated.

Venom

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2008, 11:02:26 AM »
I'll be one of those with low self esteem and back shifty on this.  Constant, unprovoked, and intentional griefing should not be tolerated.

Venom

Seems most understand this.

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2008, 11:08:32 AM »
Guys...  If anyone is such a problem in game, and that person won't quit harrassing, or belittling, then just S-Q-U-E-L-C-H said person.

All this bickering doesn't do any of us good...  IMHO of course.

I know it is tough being the target of any negativity directed at you or your group, but if we just buckle down and hit squelch, the problem will eventually go away, or find a different audience.

:salute

note: I do not in any way shape or form condone what Storch and a few others do in the boards and in game.  Personally, it detracts from the fun while I'm playing the game.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 01:46:09 PM by Odee »
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2008, 11:18:58 AM »
ohhh noooo an attack of common sense!! I'm with odee on this one! let it go boys!  :)

I will be giving you all an opportunity shortly to make a full-scale, no holds barred, verbal assault away from this forum if you'd like to participate. I'll let you know of the details later.

then you all can really blow off steam with no fear of repercussions.

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2008, 11:50:42 AM »
Storch is a big boy as you say he is... Why are you doing his talking?

Shifty, dude, wake up. I wasn't talking about Storch in the first post, pointed that out in the second post, and continued to not talk about Storch. I think your just deflecting perfect valid points of discussion.

Venom and me-too-boy say. "Constant, unprovoked, and intentional griefing should not be tolerated." I agree completely and if I saw anybody doing that I would join in the rebuke. I've read enough venom posts to understand that he too is zero tolerance. Nobody should say anything about him ever for any reason. He's not qualified to judge.

So you guys quit being wishy-washy. How much smack talk is ok? Spit it out. say something real.

If someone does too much, sure it can be a problem. If someone cannot deal with any, they too are a problem.

And Odee is of course completely correct. Anyone can be easily squelched, which further serves to demonstrate that there is something seriously wrong with the constant complainers. I don't feel like I'm responsible for providing their self-affirmation therapy. But what the heck, if it helps.

vortex, oceans, venom, and all you wusses that keep crying to Skuzzy repeat after me:

I'm Good Enough, I'm Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like Me!